Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > **TRIPLE CROWN TRAIL**

Old 05-18-2017, 06:51 PM   #1
rsetup
Veteran

Cloud Computing

IMO, his effort in the WOOD was the BEST of any of the TC runners. The TC suddenly became interesting.

Probably will be a bit overbet given the Brown factor but will definitely come running.

Now, all we need is for Classic Empire to do his part and soften up Always Dreaming.

Win and exactas with CE.
rsetup is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-18-2017, 07:00 PM   #2
Immortal6

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsetup View Post
IMO, his effort in the WOOD was the BEST of any of the TC runners. The TC suddenly became interesting.

Curious as to what you mean here? That his effort was better than the others in the Wood? Or better than any other TC horse?

I just watched a replay of that race earlier today and while CC had a bad break I still can't imagine him beating either IWC or Battalion Runner even if he had a perfect break
Immortal6 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-18-2017, 07:05 PM   #3
rsetup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Immortal6 View Post
Curious as to what you mean here? That his effort was better than the others in the Wood? Or better than any other TC horse?

I just watched a replay of that race earlier today and while CC had a bad break I still can't imagine him beating either IWC or Battalion Runner even if he had a perfect break
Would he beat the top two on a FAIR track?
rsetup is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-18-2017, 07:13 PM   #4
Immortal6

What was unfair about the track? Is there a bias at AQ that favored the top two?
Immortal6 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-18-2017, 07:15 PM   #5
TheGarMan

I have no dog in the fight...

Don't shoot the messenger, but for what its worth, in last night's Preakness preview webinar, Andy Serling picked Cloud Computing...

For the record, I had his picks in my notes as 1) CC 2) CE 3) CO MO MO 4) AD

That and fifty cents will get you a cup of coffee...

Gar
TheGarMan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-18-2017, 07:34 PM   #6
HandyKapper

Andy also picked Chad's Derby horse Practical Joke. Must be a Chad Brown Fan. :-)
HandyKapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-18-2017, 07:40 PM   #7
f2tornado

Serling can't pick his nose much less the Peakness. New shooters win maybe 10% of these things. CC does have very early pace potential but his 6F times are pedestrian and his two route final times are yawn inspiring. He's lost ground to the winner in both his routes and is now going longer against classier ponies. I don't see it but kuddos if he pulls it off.
f2tornado is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-18-2017, 07:51 PM   #8
boys at tosconova

Quote:
Originally Posted by f2tornado View Post
Serling can't pick his nose much less the Peakness. New shooters win maybe 10% of these things. CC does have very early pace potential but his 6F times are pedestrian and his two route final times are yawn inspiring. He's lost ground to the winner in both his routes and is now going longer against classier ponies. I don't see it but kuddos if he pulls it off.
would be great for him to run 2nd/3rd just to add price to the triple. people like to take longshots and some will run with in JJ picking this horse over gunny. which is a little strange.

he should be sitting around 4th in a ground saving trip. and he'll have the first jump on every closer and could easily be itm if he gets better.
boys at tosconova is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-18-2017, 08:10 PM   #9
Robert Fischer
clean money

Visually Cloud Computing looks like a Grade 1 horse.

Seems like he would have to be lengths better than Always Dreaming, unless you expect Always Dreaming to falter for some reason.
Old 05-18-2017, 08:34 PM   #10
boys at tosconova

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Fischer View Post
Visually Cloud Computing looks like a Grade 1 horse.

Seems like he would have to be lengths better than Always Dreaming, unless you expect Always Dreaming to falter for some reason.
i don't see him getting by AD but he could get by CE who's running in his 3rd race in a month and CMM who might be challenged from an outside post once again.

after these 4 horses you have what amounts to be a bunch of deep closers. that are pace dependant
Old 05-18-2017, 09:25 PM   #11
Julz

Most of the derby winners win the Preakness, so you will have to find a way to beat Gunnevera and classic empire. He has a good shot to finish in the money and payday should be good. AD will be 4/5 and unbettable, as well as he should finish 4th or worse in this race. Good luck with your selection.
Julz is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-18-2017, 09:46 PM   #12
jefftune

I think Cloud Computing will be close up early maybe in front, and gets first jump on AD. Rested and working great in the AM. Should be a good price (but won't see the 12-1 ml odds).
jefftune is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-19-2017, 04:52 AM   #13
depalma113

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julz View Post
Most of the derby winners win the Preakness, so you will have to find a way to beat Gunnevera and classic empire. He has a good shot to finish in the money and payday should be good. AD will be 4/5 and unbettable, as well as he should finish 4th or worse in this race. Good luck with your selection.

So most Derby winners win the Preakness, but Always Dreaming is going to finish 4th or worse in a paceless race?

Thankfully this is parimutuel wagering.
depalma113 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-19-2017, 09:25 AM   #14
swiss cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by depalma113 View Post
So most Derby winners win the Preakness, but Always Dreaming is going to finish 4th or worse in a paceless race?

Thankfully this is parimutuel wagering.
I think he was referring to CC finishing 4th
swiss cheese is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-19-2017, 07:14 PM   #15
boys at tosconova

i still can't get over JJ taking this horse over gunny.

don't get me wrong,..closers should be hard to get involved in this preakness. but gunny's FOY was huge and he ran great in several races. JJ just tossed him aside for a horse that hasn't proved nearly as much.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: