Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 03-09-2020, 07:00 PM   #61
affirmedny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appy View Post
We don't know Max was ever doped. If he WAS being doped you would think that would have been discovered long before now. It is quite possible that style trainer treatment was reserved for horses that weren't performing at the desired level.
I do know over the past 3 months a relatively high number of races have been won by horses entered by trainers boasting gaudy conditional stats while the horse's numbers make you wonder how this horse qualified for this race.
The indictment states that Servis administered an “illegal” medication called SGF-1000 to Maximum Security in advance of the Pegasus Stakes on June 16 at Monmouth Park. According to the indictment, New Jersey regulators pulled an out-of-competition sample from the horse “on or about June 5” but did not detect the substance, which is available at some internet pharmacies and is currently marketed as a substance composed of amino acids “to promote rejuvenation and recovery from training.”

https://www.drf.com/news/jason-servi...medications-ho
affirmedny is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-09-2020, 07:29 PM   #62
timp

Horse doper

Yes congratulations he’s ready to get arrested for doping horses such a good horseman right
timp is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-09-2020, 07:30 PM   #63
NY BRED
GARY

MAXIMUM SECUITY

This is devastating news with respect to Jason, The Wests, and Coolmore.

Apparently, this story will implicate other trainers, and potentially owners.

Ironic , how the FBI broke his case wide open , and Jason's best horse is
named Maximum Security...
NY BRED is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-09-2020, 07:33 PM   #64
timp

He’s dirty

He’s dirty along with a lot more all these genius trainers garbage floats to the surface sooner or later .navarro him and the rest of them are slime take all purses and awards away and suspend for life.
timp is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-09-2020, 07:46 PM   #65
dilanesp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appy View Post
We don't know Max was ever doped. If he WAS being doped you would think that would have been discovered long before now. It is quite possible that style trainer treatment was reserved for horses that weren't performing at the desired level.
I do know over the past 3 months a relatively high number of races have been won by horses entered by trainers boasting gaudy conditional stats while the horse's numbers make you wonder how this horse qualified for this race.
I really don't understand why every time a prominent horse gets proven to be doped, people come on and argue the proof and try to maintain the thin reed that the horse really was clean. One of our more prominent posters here chewed me out for saying that Justify was proven to be doped too.

Both Justify AND Maximum Security are proven to have been doped. If our sport really cared about its integrity, all of their wins would be vacated, in the same way that every win of the USC football team with ineligible player Reggie Bush was vacated by the NCAA. And as additional horses are established as doped in the future, the same policy should adhere.
dilanesp is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-09-2020, 10:45 PM   #66
clicknow

Quote:
Originally Posted by classhandicapper View Post
Tacitus?

I've been a Tacitus fan for awhile. He's unquestionably had some rough trips against the grain of the track etc.. I even used him a few times. But really good horses overcome an occasional bad trip or race against the grain. That's how and why they accumulate great records. He's just a mediocre horse. Maybe he'll improve, but a lot of people (myself included) overrated him at one point.

I think you went a little too far in one direction calling him "mediocre". There's a lot of real estate between a great horse, and a mediocre one.

I was never even a Tacitus "fan", but no way would I call him mediocre.
clicknow is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-09-2020, 10:52 PM   #67
castaway01

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY BRED View Post
looking good for horse of the year based his PP's and show of force in the Bold Ruler.

Go on, take your best shots; hoping this incredible tbred proves his ability in the Breeders Cup,and wins the Horse of the Year Award.

Big shout to Jason Servis for abilities as one of the top trainers in America.

i
This post has not aged well...
castaway01 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-09-2020, 11:05 PM   #68
horses4courses

Quote:
Originally Posted by castaway01 View Post
This post has not aged well...
The ever-reliable 20/20 hindsight.

Here's the thing.
This sport, along with many others, has been subjected
to performance enhancement since about Forever.

The biggest issue for horse racing is the fact that the
equine athletes have no say in the matter, which is cruelty.

If you think that Servis and Navarro are the only culprits,
I have some nice ocean-front property in Kansas just for you.

Horse racing has done a poor job in righting it's wrongs.
It's time for that to change, if given the opportunity.
horses4courses is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-10-2020, 12:00 AM   #69
GMB@BP

Quote:
Originally Posted by horses4courses View Post

Here's the thing.

No one, and I mean no one, on this board thinks this is a isolated incident.

I do think Servis, and even ore so Navarro really flaunted a catch me if you can attitude with various comments over the past few years. Not sure I have heard anyone say they were surprised that those two were the center of a story like this.
GMB@BP is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-10-2020, 12:39 AM   #70
dilanesp

Quote:
Originally Posted by clicknow View Post
I think you went a little too far in one direction calling him "mediocre". There's a lot of real estate between a great horse, and a mediocre one.

I was never even a Tacitus "fan", but no way would I call him mediocre.
He's not "mediocre". But he is basically a minor stakes horse who needs a class drop. He isn't able to beat top competition.
dilanesp is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-10-2020, 08:47 AM   #71
affirmedny

https://twitter.com/raypaulick/statu...584371200?s=20
affirmedny is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-10-2020, 08:56 AM   #72
deelo

In my lowly-regarded opinion, Max should be suspended from racing. He’s been biologically altered. Coolmore should be able to rescind their buy-in as well.
Old 03-10-2020, 10:18 AM   #73
castaway01

Quote:
Originally Posted by horses4courses View Post

Here's the thing.

It was sort of tough to have "foresight" on this issue, as I wasn't in the lab or listening to wiretaps of Servis at the time. Hence the words "this post has not aged well", which appear to have gone over your head.

And the rest of the garbage that "they're not the only ones" is pathetic. So if I murder someone but there are other murderers in the world it's all okay? But of course that's the exact logic cheaters and excuse-makers use.
castaway01 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-10-2020, 10:28 AM   #74
The_Turf_Monster

Anybody that didn't assume that he was doping MS should reconsider betting. $16k claimers may rise in class but not in a year to run in a triple crown race and win it
The_Turf_Monster is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-10-2020, 10:48 AM   #75
Appy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilanesp View Post
I really don't understand why every time a prominent horse gets proven to be doped, people come on and argue the proof and try to maintain the thin reed that the horse really was clean. One of our more prominent posters here chewed me out for saying that Justify was proven to be doped too.

Both Justify AND Maximum Security are proven to have been doped. If our sport really cared about its integrity, all of their wins would be vacated, in the same way that every win of the USC football team with ineligible player Reggie Bush was vacated by the NCAA. And as additional horses are established as doped in the future, the same policy should adhere.
Got my first crack at reading the indictment yesterday evening. It is about as damning as is possible. And if that stuff was in the news release you would expect the prosecution has MUCH more. Navarro clearly said he administered dope to Max and nearly every other horse in his 'care'.

I am somewhat surprised but very much elated over this action from law enforcement. It's the first major step in the direction of doing what's best for the horse in a good while. I think there is much yet to do though. Knowing what I know from observation 27 is just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to horse dopers. And it isn't just trainers. Vets are very much facilitators for this crime. Not all, but a lot. As has been said, the one thing we know is that cheaters are gonna cheat whenever there's a buck to be made, so it's up to the rest of us to figure out how to catch them instead of merely looking the other way and going with the flow. The same thing applies to all aspect in our lives, not just horse racing.

I'm pretty much a WOH guy. The #1 rule for a true horseman is DO WHAT'S BEST FOR THE HORSE. Drugs rarely qualify as what is best for the horse. Everything else comes after that, competition included.

Last edited by Appy; 03-10-2020 at 10:53 AM. Reason: keys sticking produce errors
Appy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: