Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 04-07-2020, 11:34 AM   #4246
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
Why are you so dishonest!? Why quote just part of the passage and omit important context!?

And the passage has zero to do with original sin. It has to do specifically with the sin of idolatry.

Deut 5:6-10
6 "I am the LORD your God, who brought you out of Egypt, out of the land of slavery.

7 "You shall have no other gods before me.

8 "You shall not make for yourself an idol in the form of anything in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the waters below. 9 You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I, the LORD your God, am a jealous God, punishing the children for the sin of the fathers to the third and fourth generation
of those who hate me, 10 but showing love to a thousand [ generations] of those who love me and keep my commandments.
NIV

Do you know what qualified statements are?
We were speaking of your petulant revengeful JEALOUS god. Both passages I quoted dealt with ALL OF THAT. Sure it was in the context of Idolatry. But that appeared to be simply your gods motivation to FLIP OUT!!!!

I asked you since sins were passed on for multiple generations from the fathers sinning, to their children, if it was a "precursor" to the insane doctrine of original sin. Your biblical interpretation of "jealousy and divine revenge", looks just like the same original sin Christian biblical bullshit of St Augustine and Calvin et al.

Last edited by hcap; 04-07-2020 at 11:39 AM.
hcap is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-07-2020, 12:00 PM   #4247
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcap View Post
We were speaking of your petulant revengeful JEALOUS god. Both passages I quoted dealt with ALL OF THAT. Sure it was in the context of Idolatry. But that appeared to be simply your gods motivation to FLIP OUT!!!!

I asked you since sins were passed on for multiple generations from the fathers sinning, to their children, if it was a "precursor" to the insane doctrine of original sin. Your biblical interpretation of "jealousy and divine revenge", looks just like the same original sin Christian biblical bullshit of St Augustine and Calvin et al.
You're still lying through your teeth by misrepresenting what the text fully says. The sin of idolatry was passed on to the fathers' GOD-HATING children -- not to all their children, distributively, as you want us to believe.

Further, iron-clad proof of this is in the next phrase which plainly says , but showing love to a thousand [generations] of those who love me and keep my commandments.

How come you never talk about God's love? How come you avoid the subject of God's love as though it were the Bubonic Plague? (Rhetorical question! I know why.) You avoid this subject because it doesn't square very well with your God is a freakin' monster narrative. With this one-sided, lopsided, false narrative, you have a really tough time reconciling passages that speak to God's love with his righteous anger, condemnation and justice toward unrepentant sinners. And you certainly don't want to address this subject in this particular passage or in Exodus 20 because it's plain as the nose on your face that God's love is conditional in nature. And this fact also flies in the face of your phony baloney, plastic bannana, worldly, wishfu-thinking idea that God loves every single person on the planet.
Old 04-07-2020, 01:00 PM   #4248
Actor
Librocubicularist

Quote:
The probability is so low for what? Adultery?
Yes. Is not that what you implied?
Old 04-07-2020, 01:01 PM   #4249
Actor
Librocubicularist

Quote:
In the bible, adultery is the only grounds for divorce.

In the Covenant Law of Moses, the adulterous couple were to be stoned to death when found guilty by the judges.
So tell us something we don't already know.
Old 04-07-2020, 01:27 PM   #4250
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Actor View Post
Yes. Is not that what you implied?
I didn't imply any numbers. However, adultery is a major cause for divorces.

Geesh...I wonder why?
Old 04-07-2020, 01:30 PM   #4251
boxcar

Quote:
So tell us something we don't already know.
It was a just punishment, under the Law, for the sake of social, moral purity in a theocracy.
Old 04-07-2020, 01:38 PM   #4252
Actor
Librocubicularist

Quote:
I didn't imply any numbers. However, adultery is a major cause for divorces.

Geesh...I wonder why?
I know a way to get rid of divorces altogether.
Old 04-07-2020, 01:40 PM   #4253
Actor
Librocubicularist

Quote:
It was a just punishment, under the Law, for the sake of social, moral purity in a theocracy.
I'm glad I don't live in a theocracy. It's bad enough that the evangelicals are allowed to vote.
Old 04-07-2020, 02:19 PM   #4254
boxcar

Quote:
I know a way to get rid of divorces altogether.
The first way is to get rid of people.
Old 04-07-2020, 02:20 PM   #4255
boxcar

Quote:
I'm glad I don't live in a theocracy. It's bad enough that the evangelicals are allowed to vote.
How very bigoted of you.
Old 04-07-2020, 02:23 PM   #4256
Actor
Librocubicularist

Quote:
The first way is to get rid of people.
Nothing so drastic. Just get rid of marriage.
Old 04-07-2020, 02:26 PM   #4257
Actor
Librocubicularist

Quote:
How very bigoted of you.
It's the evangelicals who are bigoted, not I. Look up the definition.

Also learn to recognize humor.
Old 04-07-2020, 02:49 PM   #4258
boxcar

Quote:
It's the evangelicals who are bigoted, not I. Look up the definition.
I know what the definition is. My previous remark stands.

Quote:
Also learn to recognize humor.
Oh...that's what that bigoted comment of yours was?
Old 04-07-2020, 04:55 PM   #4259
Actor
Librocubicularist

Quote:
I know what the definition is.
I'm skeptical about that. Did you look it up in M-W?

Quote:
Definition of bigot : a person who is obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices especially : one who regards or treats the members of a group (such as a racial or ethnic group) with hatred and intolerance
Christians are one of the most bigoted groups in history. See the "hatred and intolerance" part of the definition. See my post in the "movie recommendations" thread about the film Agora. One of the first things the church did upon becoming the official religion of the Roman Empire was to make the possession of non-Christian books a capital offense. From Constantine to Hypatia to Galileo right down to the present day Christianity has made hatred and intolerance their primary strategy. And of course there is anti-semitism, a hatred and intolerance supposedly justified by an event which cannot be proven. So Mr. Pot, don't go calling the Kettle black.
Old 04-07-2020, 05:02 PM   #4260
boxcar

Quote:
I'm skeptical about that. Did you look it up in M-W?

Christians are one of the most bigoted groups in history. See the "hatred and intolerance" part of the definition. See my post in the "movie recommendations" thread about the film Agora. One of the first things the church did upon becoming the official religion of the Roman Empire was to make the possession of non-Christian books a capital offense. From Constantine to Hypatia to Galileo right down to the present day Christianity has made hatred and intolerance their primary strategy. And of course there is anti-semitism, a hatred and intolerance supposedly justified by an event which cannot be proven. So Mr. Pot, don't go calling the Kettle black.
The definition fits you perfectly. And once again you're guilty of the Fallacy Composition. The actions of some = all are guilty?

P.S. Also, you should look up the definition of "stereotype".

Last edited by boxcar; 04-07-2020 at 05:04 PM.
boxcar is offline   Reply With Quote Reply