Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Handicapping Discussion

Old 11-16-2019, 10:02 PM   #31
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by casey View Post
THE ONLY FACTOR THAT MATTERS ARE THE RESULTS.
And the "results" ARE...?
thaskalos is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-17-2019, 09:19 AM   #32
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
And the "results" ARE...?
I had a inquiry/udm in Jcapper at one time that flagged the top 3 Bris PP horses and another the top 4 if their odds were over 9/2

Every once in a while the crowd would let these horses go at 5-1 or even higher. I think there is a thread somewhere that talks about this. I made some money betting these types using conditional betting back in the day

Years back I thought it was a good number to include. I didn’t have the slightest idea how it was derived......at least not officially
Old 11-17-2019, 10:14 AM   #33
fast4522

I would take notes of how your UDM's perform against specific events, I call them quick study. Usually over coffee with paper that can be tossed to the side and retrieved another day around the same time with coffee again.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Notes.PDF (26.0 KB, 45 views)
fast4522 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-17-2019, 01:27 PM   #34
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph View Post
I had a inquiry/udm in Jcapper at one time that flagged the top 3 Bris PP horses and another the top 4 if their odds were over 9/2

Every once in a while the crowd would let these horses go at 5-1 or even higher. I think there is a thread somewhere that talks about this. I made some money betting these types using conditional betting back in the day

Years back I thought it was a good number to include. I didn’t have the slightest idea how it was derived......at least not officially
I agree, it's a good number to look at...and I do that myself whenever I remember to. But some here complain about the "inconsistencies" of this rating as if this number plays a major role in their handicapping...and that's kinda sad, IMO. As far as I am concerned, our job as handicappers is to create our own, PROPRIETARY form of "Prime-Power Rating"...for our own PERSONAL use. If we can do that...then we no longer need to complain about the Prime Power Rating. And if we CAN'T do that...then the fault is our own.

Last edited by thaskalos; 11-17-2019 at 01:30 PM.
Old 11-18-2019, 02:44 PM   #35
Appy

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
I agree, it's a good number to look at...and I do that myself whenever I remember to. But some here complain about the "inconsistencies" of this rating as if this number plays a major role in their handicapping...and that's kinda sad, IMO. As far as I am concerned, our job as handicappers is to create our own, PROPRIETARY form of "Prime-Power Rating"...for our own PERSONAL use. If we can do that...then we no longer need to complain about the Prime Power Rating. And if we CAN'T do that...then the fault is our own.
I agree thaskalos. Having said that I do look at Prime Power rankings. But since I have factors in hand that consistently outperform those I use Prime Power more often as a hint for choosing races to pass/play due to how heavily bet their top choice is. One reason for that is my dependence on accurately depicting today's race shape and I am not convinced that plays into the Prime rankings.
Old 11-19-2019, 10:10 PM   #36
casey
casey

"what are they?

Hope that is a rhetorical question.

In the days of being a wise a-- kid ,we had a saying that went "that's for me to know and you to find out".
casey is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-19-2019, 10:14 PM   #37
thaskalos

Quote:

In the days of being a wise a-- kid ,we had a saying that went "that's for me to know and you to find out".
Ahhh...Okay then.
Old 11-20-2019, 09:58 PM   #38
FakeNameChanged

Great Post

Quote:

Great post #4 after 12 years! Been waiting for that one.
FakeNameChanged is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-10-2020, 11:02 PM   #39
davew

Yamano Maker running for a $6250 tag at Lone Star for trainer Steven Asmussen in 15 minutes.
davew is online now   Reply With Quote Reply