Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Handicapping Discussion

Old 08-14-2020, 04:29 PM   #46
AndyC

Quote:
Originally Posted by classhandicapper View Post
Aside from just being more experienced as a dirt player and not enjoying races with a lot of first time turf horses, one of the biggest problems I have with turf is track bias. If a track splits its card between dirt and turf you often don't have enough of a sample on either surface to figure out if there was a bias. If you can see 9-10 races on the same surface, you can usually figure out what was going on.
I have seen dirt courses change dramatically during a day that can probably be attributed to between race track maintenance and change in weather conditions. As for the turf, I have seen changes from one day to another due to cutting the course or adding or not adding water. I can't recall ever seeing a change during any one day. Cheap horses running on the turf can give the illusion of a bias.
Old 08-15-2020, 10:15 AM   #47
Robert Fischer
clean money

Question strange 'CAW-FREE?' Nyra late p5 result 8/14/20 yesterday

$2 win prices for sequence;
$31.20!
$29.80!
$8.00
$105.00!
$21.20!

Somehow EVERY horse in the last leg had a covered will-pay 5/5...

We are to believe that the late-p5 pool-info/data at NYRA is a 'CAW-free' ...

Either there is a reckless whale making long-term losing plays who happens to be on tilt, and got miraculously lucky while making a really bad (series of multiple) tickets, or their is Caw data guessing, or their is CAW data knowing uncovered... I will not speculate into hacking/or past-posting as I believe that is sillyness...

Even a heavily-rebated whale can't afford to play like this for long.

Final word = I don't know. I don't know what really happened, and I can't say anything happened that wasn't with the rules or the accepted practices.
Old 08-15-2020, 11:56 AM   #48
lamboguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Fischer View Post
https://twitter.com/DRFGrening/statu...01027484127232

$31.20!
$29.80!
$8.00
$105.00!
$21.20!

Either there is a reckless whale making long-term losing plays who happens to be on tilt, and got miraculously lucky while making a really bad (series of multiple) tickets, or their is Caw data guessing, or their is CAW data knowing uncovered... I will not speculate into hacking/or past-posting as I believe that is sillyness...

Final word = I don't know. I don't know what really happened, and I can't say anything happened that wasn't with the rules or the accepted practices.
i wonder how many horses the player played to come up with the $100 horse that to me should have paid $1000. i couldn't have come up with that horse in 3 lifetimes.

congratulations to the individual that had the courage to put up that type of money and for picking the correct numbers.
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-15-2020, 12:09 PM   #49
AndyC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Fischer View Post
https://twitter.com/DRFGrening/statu...01027484127232

$31.20!
$29.80!
$8.00
$105.00!
$21.20!

With a $.50 ticket base the result is no surprise.
Old 08-15-2020, 02:33 PM   #50
classhandicapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyC View Post
I have seen dirt courses change dramatically during a day that can probably be attributed to between race track maintenance and change in weather conditions.
Agreed.

IMO maintenance sometimes changes the track prior to a major stake if they sense there was a bias early in the day (though high quality horses tend to be able to run right through biases better also). You can see 4-5 dirt races where you are certain there was a bias, then they either add extra water or let it dry. Then not only are you worried about who will be impacted by the bias, you are worried about whether they just changed it. I've even seen a speed favoring track clearly dry out and start favoring closers, then the trucks added a lot of water and reversed it again.

As someone that puts a lot of time into watching replays and making bias notes around the country, sometimes I want to bang my head into a wall because I'm not sure what happened.

Last edited by classhandicapper; 08-15-2020 at 02:38 PM.
classhandicapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: