Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - Sports

Old 03-12-2012, 04:45 PM   #46
Marshall Bennett

They're so many that don't live right, and who really is to judge? There's a whole lot about many we simply don't know about. I don't know, but I've always liked Tiger first as a golfer. He added a lot of excitement to what can be a dull sport for many. I truly believe the competition has caught up to Tiger more than his game declining. He's still very good.
I hope he wins the Masters, will dent a lot of folk's chins.
Marshall Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-12-2012, 09:33 PM   #47
DJofSD
Screw PC

TW diagnosis: mild strain. Expected to return to play later this week.
Old 03-12-2012, 09:40 PM   #48
Greyfox

If I didn't golf every time I had an ache or a pain somewhere, I'd never be golfing. So he quit with 6 holes to go and it's a mild sprain. That's a head-scratcher to me.
Greyfox is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-13-2012, 10:04 AM   #49
ten2oneormore

There is little doubt in my mind Tiger used some kind of HGH,steroid or some super drug.His doctors also treated Marion Jones,Bill Romanowski, and Tim Montgomery.
ten2oneormore is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-13-2012, 12:29 PM   #50
Marshall Bennett

Quote:
Originally Posted by ten2oneormore
There is little doubt in my mind Tiger used some kind of HGH,steroid or some super drug.His doctors also treated Marion Jones,Bill Romanowski, and Tim Montgomery.
I've always found it tough to make accusations when there's not even a milligram of proof. Obviously you don't like him and need an excuse for his success. Your condition is common with many, I've always had my doubts about the Williams sisters in tennis.
I remember a few years back during an interview, Fred Couples was asked about drugs in relationship with golf. Can't quote him exactly, but basically he said he'd never in his years on the PGA heard of anyone using drugs. The mental conditioning required to compete simply won't allow it. Whether he was full of shit or not I don't know, but he made sense. Perhaps he wasn't even considering steroids, HGH, or whatever.
Tiger simply doesn't strike me as an abuser of drugs of any sort. I could be dead wrong, but without some form of proof to sway my opinion, I'll stand by that.
Marshall Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-13-2012, 08:26 PM   #51
ten2oneormore

I like him.I root for him and feel like he got a raw deal for the whole cheating thing.I mean its wrong but there have been literally thousands of athletes/public figures who have done the same and received far less backlash.

I think you are being naive though with the whole no proof argument.His doctors patients are the whose who of the whole BALCO mess and other HGH/Steroid investigations.Meanwhile while under the care of these doctors he bulks up 20-30 lbs .Even Mr Balco himself Victor Conte said something along the lines of I wonder why his libido is so strong , could it be the same reason he gained all that muscle.

I agree that he doesn't strike me as a drug abuser but as with all the designer steroid people.They thought they were getting an edge and couldn't be caught because tests couldn't detect the drug.I'm sure they were given the whole no side effects,can't be detected ,miracle drug sales pitch that turned out to be a bunch of BS.Also he has been building his squeaky clean image from day 1, so that too could be a bunch of BS.Seeing someone in interviews and commercials hardly give an accurate representation of their true personality.
Old 03-13-2012, 10:12 PM   #52
Jay Trotter
CHEESEY

Quote:
Originally Posted by ten2oneormore
I like him.I root for him and feel like he got a raw deal for the whole cheating thing.I mean its wrong but there have been literally thousands of athletes/public figures who have done the same and received far less backlash.
Whoa cowboy....."he got a raw deal"! Yikes, there is "cheating" and then there is "cheating". He took it to a whole other level. If he's allowed to see his kids at all he probably got off light on that front.

Jim Schoenfeld
Jay Trotter is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-13-2012, 10:53 PM   #53
Red Knave
dGnr8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyfox
If I didn't golf every time I had an ache or a pain somewhere, I'd never be golfing.
I'm going to guess that you're not 36 either.

I tell my golfing partners that I'm the same age as Tiger but I have an extra 26 years experience.

The takers get the honey, the givers sing the blues - Robin Trower, Too Rolling Stoned - 1974
Red Knave is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-13-2012, 11:21 PM   #54
ten2oneormore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Trotter
Whoa cowboy....."he got a raw deal"! Yikes, there is "cheating" and then there is "cheating". He took it to a whole other level. If he's allowed to see his kids at all he probably got off light on that front.

Top of my head

Michael Jordan
Kobe Bryant
Tony Parker
Shaquille Oneill
Magic Johnson
John F Kennedy
Bill Clinton
John Edwards
David Letterman

the list goes on forever.They are just the guys off the top of my head that are/were held in high regard as far as their reputations and most remain intact.
Old 03-14-2012, 09:38 AM   #55
DJofSD
Screw PC

From Twitter

Quote:
Tiger Woods ‏ @TigerWoods

Going to answer some questions tomorrow for #TW13launch. Use @EASPORTS_Tiger and I'll get to as many as I can.
While you never can be sure that it really is Tiger behind the keyboard, you can still have a little fun.
Old 03-14-2012, 09:59 AM   #56
Canarsie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall Bennett
I've always found it tough to make accusations when there's not even a milligram of proof. Obviously you don't like him and need an excuse for his success.

I don't care for him but as you stated there is no proof just a very weak link to the doctor from Canada. He deserves the benefit of the doubt imo. With everything else that has come out a leak would have made the front page. Someone arrested for blackmail would have also been a possibility.
Canarsie is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-23-2012, 05:05 PM   #57
Beachbabe

Today, he's thrown his club twice that I saw. Once on the tee, after a bad drive, and on the 14th after a shot he didn't like....taking a chunk of fairway.

Class act !!!!
Beachbabe is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-23-2012, 05:31 PM   #58
Greyfox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachbabe
Today, he's thrown his club twice that I saw. Once on the tee, after a bad drive, and on the 14th after a shot he didn't like....taking a chunk of fairway.

Class act !!!!
A great role model for Junior Golfers eh?
I thought when he went through his speech of repentence last year that he promised a "softer" milder Tiger. (I didn't believe it at the time and as we can see a tiger can't change his stripes.)
Greyfox is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-23-2012, 05:36 PM   #59
PhantomOnTour
C'est Tout

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomOnTour
I have no proof that Tiger used roids.Only the eye test, the injury bug, and the declining performance.I'm like most people...i loved watching the guy, and i don't even like golf (haven't played a round in 20yrs).
He was golf's meal ticket for years; the game is more popular because of him.
The man just wasn't living right, in a number of ways, and it has caught up with him
Hate to bring this up again, but do you think the throwing of clubs and foul language are forms of roid rage?
I am fully convinced that the man dabbled in the stuff at the very least.

Last edited by PhantomOnTour; 03-23-2012 at 05:37 PM.
PhantomOnTour is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-24-2012, 01:36 AM   #60
DJofSD
Screw PC

I'm not sure I saw a club being thrown. I saw clubs being dropped at the end of a swing out of frustration but actually tossing a club, did not see that.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: