Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 01-17-2022, 03:46 PM   #1
boxcar

High Percentage of Population in Favor of Authoritarianism

A Shockingly High Percentage Of The U.S. Population Actually Wants An Authoritarian “Big Brother” Police State

As we have seen all throughout human history, those that would like to impose tyranny upon a nation need at least a certain percentage of the population to go along with their plans. It doesn’t even have to be a majority. All that is required is enough “true believers” to enforce the tyrannical dictates of the elite. Many had assumed that the United States would always be immune from such a scenario because our Constitution guarantees certain liberties and freedoms. Unfortunately, things have dramatically changed in recent years. Today, a surprisingly large percentage of the U.S. population is openly embracing authoritarianism, and that should deeply alarm all of us.

If you think that I am exaggerating, let’s take a look at some of the results of a recent Heartland Institute and Rasmussen Reports national survey. I will pull certain lines from their report and put them in bold, and then I will follow with my own thoughts…

http://themostimportantnews.com/
Old 01-17-2022, 03:57 PM   #2
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

How about linking to the poll itself:

https://www.rasmussenreports.com/pub...t_unvaccinated

Thank me very much.
Old 01-17-2022, 03:58 PM   #3
Dave Schwartz

I'm simply not a Vax supporter.

The article is absolutely not about

Quote:
A Shockingly High Percentage Of The U.S. Population Actually Wants An Authoritarian “Big Brother” Police State
It is about Covid vaxxing.

While the end result may be the same thing, it only appears that way because of the stupidity involved.

Are you planning on becoming the next Glenn Beck?

Come on, man!
Dave Schwartz is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-17-2022, 04:10 PM   #4
pandy

I actually think that the vaccine mandate will hurt the Democratic party in the election next year and maybe even in 2024. One of my sons told me that almost all of his friends voted for Biden but they don't like the vaccine mandates and the fact that Biden said he wouldn't have a mandate. And, these liberal Millenials said that if Biden runs against Desantis, they'll vote for Desantis. (But they hate Trump).

I was also surprised when I was at a Jets game in November and several union workers who are Democrats told us that they not only voted against Murphy, but they campaigned against him, and that's because of his lockdowns. Authorianism isn't the way to win votes.
pandy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-17-2022, 04:26 PM   #5
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Schwartz View Post
I'm simply not a Vax supporter.

The article is absolutely not about

It is about Covid vaxxing.

While the end result may be the same thing, it only appears that way because of the stupidity involved.

Are you planning on becoming the next Glenn Beck?

Come on, man!
And the "Covid vaxxing", sir, is precisely why so many are in favor of a police state.

“48% of voters favor President Joe Biden’s plan to impose a COVID-19 vaccine mandate on the employees of large companies and government agencies”

“Fifty-nine percent (59%) of Democratic voters would favor a government policy requiring that citizens remain confined to their homes at all times, except for emergencies, if they refuse to get a COVID-19 vaccine”

“Nearly half (48%) of Democratic voters think federal and state governments should be able to fine or imprison individuals who publicly question the efficacy of the existing COVID-19 vaccines on social media, television, radio, or in online or digital publications”

“Forty-five percent (45%) of Democrats would favor governments requiring citizens to temporarily live in designated facilities or locations if they refuse to get a COVID-19 vaccine”

http://themostimportantnews.com/arch...r-police-state

If you need help in interpreting any of the above, give me a shout.
Old 01-17-2022, 04:34 PM   #6
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

You interpret polls just like Jen Saki.
Old 01-17-2022, 04:36 PM   #7
Karakorum Kabbage
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandy View Post
I actually think that the vaccine mandate will hurt the Democratic party in the election next year and maybe even in 2024.
Why would you think that? 80% of dems support vaccine mandates. And more than 60% of independents.

Overall polls show most Americans support them.
Karakorum Kabbage is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-17-2022, 04:37 PM   #8
boxcar

quote=PaceAdvantage;2780477]I love the "anti-vaxxer" label, btw.

I suppose he never took any vaccines...even though he was in the USMC which probably makes that impossible.

He wasn't an anti-vaxxer, he was an anti-COVID experimental vaccine guy.

There's a difference.

With that said, he should have taken the vaccine, since he was 78yo and at HIGH RISK. Anyone at HIGH RISK should take the vaccine...unless you're going to close yourself off in a bubble for a few years...and even then...[/quote]

As if the jabs somehow significantly lower that risk? The last time the jabs goal posts moved (this time by the Pfizer CEO himself) he confessed that the vaxxes offer very limited protection, IF ANY". He went on to say they offer "reasonable protection against hospitalization and deaths...and "less protection against infection".

https://thelibertydaily.com/pfizer-m...rom-platforms/

Try to keep up.

Last edited by boxcar; 01-17-2022 at 04:42 PM.
boxcar is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-17-2022, 04:42 PM   #9
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
You interpret polls just like Jen Saki.
The four "bullet" points I quoted earlier are included in the Ramussen poll PA linked to. Maybe you have a reading comp problem?
Old 01-17-2022, 04:56 PM   #10
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Let me explain polls.
If you dont know the exact wording of every question, you don't know shit what it means.

And even if you do, you still don't know much more than shit.

When I read the link PA posted, and hear how it is interpreted, I am reminded why Biden won.

Old 01-17-2022, 04:58 PM   #11
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karakorum Kabbage View Post
Why would you think that? 80% of dems support vaccine mandates. And more than 60% of independents.

Would those be the same polls that had Hilly leading by 7 on election day?
Old 01-17-2022, 05:19 PM   #12
Rex Phinney

Quote:

Just how well do you think an election goes when 20% of the guys on your own team don't even like what you're dong?

Given the total lack of success from the vaccine and Americans disinterest in getting boosted every few months the numbers regarding this are going to get worse. Why do you think the mandate hasn't been expanded to include a third shot? Because it would be catastrophic politically right now.
Rex Phinney is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-17-2022, 05:50 PM   #13
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
Let me explain polls.
If you dont know the exact wording of every question, you don't know shit what it means.

And even if you do, you still don't know much more than shit.

When I read the link PA posted, and hear how it is interpreted, I am reminded why Biden won.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYNKuJvIFpQ
Good to know you're such a pole expert. At least you have something to show for all your strip clubbing years.
Old 01-17-2022, 06:28 PM   #14
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
Good to know you're such a pole expert. At least you have something to show for all your strip clubbing years.
Yeah, try to cover up your IGNORANCE with insults.
You are the mirror image of Jen Saki.
Old 01-17-2022, 06:42 PM   #15
Elkchester Road

Quote:

Well...it is more than obvious that Mathematics is NOT your strong suit, Beta.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: