Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 12-23-2021, 07:45 AM   #46
fast4522

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJDave View Post
If you keep threatening them enough times they’ll eventually learn to believe you.

The Dysfunctional Parenting Handbook
That liberal playbook has worked so well hasn't it, how does it feel to be the pied piper?
fast4522 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-23-2021, 08:50 AM   #47
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJDave View Post
If you keep threatening them enough times they’ll eventually learn to believe you.

The Dysfunctional Parenting Handbook
It's a good thing I don't operate by your whim
Old 12-23-2021, 09:12 AM   #48
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
That's why I favor the handicapping arguments over the religious squabbles. In the religious arguments...any guy with even a hint of biblical knowledge can be a tough guy to debate with...because religion is such a hazy topic. But in handicapping...you challenge your adversary to a handicapping contest...and he runs away like a thief in the night.

Religion is all based on faith, most things argued about can neither be proved or disproved. It is as simple as that. Also look how inaccurate even eyewitness testimony can be, even with people honestly trying to recreate what they saw. Then there are the events that can really get distorted when
the details of what happened are passed from one person to another.
Inner Dirt is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-23-2021, 09:22 AM   #49
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt View Post
Religion is all based on faith, most things argued about can neither be proved or disproved. It is as simple as that. Also look how inaccurate even eyewitness testimony can be, even with people honestly trying to recreate what they saw. Then there are the events that can really get distorted when
I'm going to respond to this in the Religion thread so that PA doesn't give birth to twin calves.
Old 12-23-2021, 01:17 PM   #50
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt View Post
Boxcar likes to say that the bible's "credibility" is established by the fact that there is a lack of any real contradiction in the gospels...but this a disingenuous argument. Scholars have determined that there were at least TWENTY other "gospels" which were excluded from the bible...including a few which claimed to have been written by Jesus's own disciples. And the reason that these gospels were deemed "heretical" and excluded from the bible was because they "contradicted" with the 'cohesive and homogeneous' image that the canonical gospels seek to portray. It's easy to make a book appear "cohesive and homogeneous" if you edit the contradictory chapters out of it.

Any real scholar of the history of Christianity will readily admit that Christianity was steeped in "contradiction" from its very beginning. The earliest Christians argued about practically everything...including about certain seemingly obvious topics, like the "human, or divine, nature of Jesus". There was such animosity among the early Christians that some early Christian sects were hunted down and killed, because of their religious beliefs. That's how eager the "establishment" was to create a religion which appeared "cohesive and homogeneous". This information is all out there and easy to find...much to the chagrin of fanatics like Boxcar.

Last edited by thaskalos; 12-23-2021 at 01:20 PM.
thaskalos is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-23-2021, 01:40 PM   #51
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
Boxcar likes to say that the bible's "credibility" is established by the fact that there is a lack of any real contradiction in the gospels...but this a disingenuous argument. Scholars have determined that there were at least TWENTY other "gospels" which were excluded from the bible...including a few which claimed to have been written by Jesus's own disciples. And the reason that these gospels were deemed "heretical" and excluded from the bible was because they "contradicted" with the 'cohesive and homogeneous' image that the canonical gospels seek to portray. It's easy to make a book appear "cohesive and homogeneous" if you edit the contradictory chapters out of it.

Any real scholar of the history of Christianity will readily admit that Christianity was steeped in "contradiction" from its very beginning. The earliest Christians argued about practically everything...including about certain seemingly obvious topics, like the "human, or divine, nature of Jesus". There was such animosity among the early Christians that some early Christian sects were hunted down and killed, because of their religious beliefs. That's how eager the "establishment" was to create a religion which appeared "cohesive and homogeneous". This information is all out there and easy to find...much to the chagrin of fanatics like Boxcar.
Why aren't you responding in the proper thread, especially since I replied to ID in the Religion thread? Or does PA's warning only apply to me?

In fact, where are you, PA? Why aren't you issuing a warning to Thask? In fact, why didn't you issue one to Inner Dirt, as well?

Mr. Thask, copy and paste your nonsense over to the Religion thread so that I can dismantle it in short order.
Old 12-23-2021, 01:58 PM   #52
davew

Quote:
Originally Posted by mostpost View Post
I will take Illinois over Texas any day. In Illinois the Most Edina income is 106% of Texas. In Illinois the cost of Living is 103% of what it is in Texas. That’s a net gain. Taxes in Illinois are 138% of what they are in Texas, but since state taxes are only as,all % of income, Illinois comes out a head.

Furthermore we get more for our taxes. Illinois public schools rank 13 in the country. Texas schools rank 28th. 13.7% of Texans live below the poverty level. 12.4% of Illinoisans. In this case, it’s like golf. Lower is better.

Illinois has strong unions which means better worker protections. Texas has Right to Work (for less).

In Illinois a woman has the right to choose what she does with her body and when and how many children she has without interference from the government. In Texas, the government is trying to force a woman to carry an unwanted pregnancy to term.

In Illinois we have the right to vote early, to vote by mail, to vote without showing ID-unless challenged. In Texas all these rights are being curtailed in ways that disproportionately affect minorities.

In Illinois we have strong environmental protections. In Texas that’s all rather Laissez Faire.

In Illinois we have strong health marketplace and expanded Medicaid. In Texas the government refused to expand Medicaid.

Finally Just Ralph Marshall Bennett, and Elkabong don’t live in Illinois and neither do Replay Randall and Boxcar.
EXACTLY, Illinois ranks FIRST in tax unfriendliest

https://www.advantagenews.com/news/l...650419538.html

and if those pikers and whiners want to leave, it is better for those that stay
davew is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-23-2021, 02:05 PM   #53
burnsy
self medicated

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
It's bad enough so many leftists are hypocrites but they're also too stupid to realize it, which is a clear indication that their self-awareness tank is perpetually empty.
Half right. The Right is just as ****ing stupid . At this point maybe dumber than the left. The shit I hear from both sides boggles the mind. I’m convinced this society is a good portion dim wits. They don’t even realize they are being divided for a reason. So , you got two flocks of sheeple. Each side puts out so much bull. I can’t but rarely even read this shit. The United States of dumb bells! Plus, I’m old, but no wonder I look ten years younger than I am. This is real Mr. Wilson , old folk , Democrats vs Republicans crap. Which anyone that can read or think for themselves can cast doubt on half the shit from either side.! So glad so of these people actually think the can handicap or gamble. Just makes my life easier. ��

Last edited by burnsy; 12-23-2021 at 02:08 PM.
burnsy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-23-2021, 02:15 PM   #54
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnsy View Post
Half right. The Right is just as ****ing stupid . At this point maybe dumber than the left. The shit I hear from both sides boggles the mind. I’m convinced this society is a good portion dim wits. They don’t even realize they are being divided for a reason. So , you got two flocks of sheeple. Each side puts out so much bull. I can’t but rarely even read this shit. The United States of dumb bells! Plus, I’m old, but no wonder I look ten years younger than I am. This is real Mr. Wilson , old folk , Democrats vs Republicans crap. Which anyone that can read or think for themselves can cast doubt on half the shit from either side.! So glad so of these people actually think the can handicap or gamble. Just makes my life easier. ��
Well then...I'm so tickled that I'm neither a dimwit sheeple or Republican sheeple. It'll have to be the tiny minority of conservatives like myself to lead both dumb flocks out of the Wilderness and into the Promised Land.

But I would like for you to provide me with a few examples of how the Right is just as hypocritical (or "stupid") as you said, as their leftist counterparts.
Old 12-23-2021, 02:28 PM   #55
burnsy
self medicated

Quote:
Well then...I'm so tickled that I'm neither a dimwit sheeple or Republican sheeple. It'll have to be the tiny minority of conservatives like myself to lead both dumb flocks out of the Wilderness and into the Promised Land.

But I would like for you to provide me with a few examples of how the Right is just as hypocritical (or "stupid") as you said, as their leftist counterparts.
First off. I’m somewhat Conservative on shit. Served in the Navy. When I see dumb shits attacking the Capitol..,,,, they should of shot more of those assholes than 1. Secondly, they piss away as much money as the left does. Just printing money for ****s sake, then cry about inflation. Hypocrite. Just as responsible as the left. The shit on the vaccine….,,, one moron newscast had some asshole claim it’s got Luciferesence or some shit that she totally made up. There are no Conservatives in the traditional sense. And the ones that really are…… get run out by the wackos. I mean, I really would like to support something Libertarian if we had something like that to go with. But both sides are hyper, BS, to get dumb votes at its finest. And this supporting this asshole Trump just makes it worse for me. Christ, those people are idiots. That’s their idea of a Conservative? Then on the other side we got Elmer Fudd. These old Jack asses should be at the club playing golf…… like Caddyshack. But the numb nuts out there back then both. Senile , old shits, running things..,,,. It’s hilarious but not good

Last edited by burnsy; 12-23-2021 at 02:31 PM.
burnsy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-23-2021, 02:55 PM   #56
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Why aren't you responding in the proper thread, especially since I replied to ID in the Religion thread? Or does PA's warning only apply to me?

In fact, where are you, PA? Why aren't you issuing a warning to Thask? In fact, why didn't you issue one to Inner Dirt, as well?

Mr. Thask, copy and paste your nonsense over to the Religion thread so that I can dismantle it in short order.
Because unlike you, they are not habitual offenders.

Also, unlike you, they are not obsessed with the topic and seek to inject it into almost every thread in off-topic.
Old 12-23-2021, 03:24 PM   #57
ElKabong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulerider View Post
I have neither the time nor inclination to respond to the rest of your post, but let's clear up this particular bit of nonsense.

We've had early voting in Texas for years. As for showing ID, if you don't have a photo ID you can still vote by presenting a copy of a current utility bill, a paycheck, a government check, a bank statement, or ANY government document with your name and address on it, even including your voter registration card.

As for voting by mail, it's allowed under certain circumstances (for people over 65 and those who are otherwise unable to vote in person for legitimate reasons).

In other words, eligible Texas voters wanting to cast their ballots have no excuses for not doing so. Texas has, however, cracked down on dubious practices beloved by Democrat operatives, like ballot harvesting. That was long overdue.
I voted early in 2020.

But I do wish we (as a nation) would have an election day, not month. Mail in ballots for disabled and over 65 (which Texas already allows) certainly needs to stay in place. "Early voting" to me should be Wed-Fri prior to election day, no sooner
“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,” -Joe Biden
ElKabong is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-23-2021, 03:30 PM   #58
ElKabong

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucker6 View Post
Chess should have been deemed essential.
All kidding aside, it helps kids (ages 6-9 especially) with logic and sequencing. Skills that help with development in math. The kids I take the most pleasure in coaching are the ones who actually gain those skills. The more competitive students we coach had those skills already in place.
“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,” -Joe Biden
Old 12-23-2021, 03:36 PM   #59
ElKabong

Quote:
Originally Posted by mostpost View Post
I will take Illinois over Texas any day. In Illinois the Most Edina income is 106% of Texas. In Illinois the cost of Living is 103% of what it is in Texas. That’s a net gain. Taxes in Illinois are 138% of what they are in Texas, but since state taxes are only as,all % of income, Illinois comes out a head.

Furthermore we get more for our taxes. Illinois public schools rank 13 in the country. Texas schools rank 28th. 13.7% of Texans live below the poverty level. 12.4% of Illinoisans. In this case, it’s like golf. Lower is better.

Illinois has strong unions which means better worker protections. Texas has Right to Work (for less).

In Illinois a woman has the right to choose what she does with her body and when and how many children she has without interference from the government. In Texas, the government is trying to force a woman to carry an unwanted pregnancy to term.

In Illinois we have the right to vote early, to vote by mail, to vote without showing ID-unless challenged. In Texas all these rights are being curtailed in ways that disproportionately affect minorities.

In Illinois we have strong environmental protections. In Texas that’s all rather Laissez Faire.

In Illinois we have strong health marketplace and expanded Medicaid. In Texas the government refused to expand Medicaid.

Finally Just Ralph Marshall Bennett, and Elkabong don’t live in Illinois and neither do Replay Randall and Boxcar.
My advice to you is to camp out on your southern border on either I-24 or I-57 and stop every UHAUL trailer, and preach this shit above. Maybe they'll be stupid enough to turn around and stay there.

I'm pulling for ya...
Old 12-23-2021, 03:54 PM   #60
fast4522

So I do not enter some threads because of lack of interest or I am not up to the donkey ride. Here I am used for bullshit reverence for the donkey ride. Why does the narrative always have to be owned and branded?
fast4522 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply