Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 10-29-2021, 04:42 PM   #31
TJDave

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
IMO...Cuomo will only find out what "getting the shaft" means if he is forced to do time among the general prison population.
He’s not going to prison. No one here expects that.
Old 10-29-2021, 04:49 PM   #32
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJDave View Post
The largest difference is that one is a full grown (supposedly responsible) man and the other a teenage boy.

Cuomo did what he did because he thought he could get away it. It wasn’t a “mistake”. He’s no better than your average street thug with morals to match. He deserves to be punished.
I have no pity at all for any "boss" who uses any sort of sexual intimidation against an employee. Lock them up and throw away the key, as far as I am concerned.
Old 10-29-2021, 07:19 PM   #33
stuball

yes

They turned on him to keep the spotlight off of themselves it's so obvious
stuball is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-29-2021, 07:33 PM   #34
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuball View Post
If Cuomo got away scot-free, then you guys would say that "the Democrats can get away with murder". Now..."They turned on him to keep the spotlight off of themselves". When will you guys ever be satisfied?
Old 10-30-2021, 12:50 AM   #35
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuball View Post
I think there’s more to it. I think somebody thought he might run for Prez coming off his hero status during the pandemic.

What the hell else could it be?
JustRalph is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-30-2021, 01:42 AM   #36
xtb
Ultra MAGA "Gun Bitch"

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
If Cuomo got away scot-free, then you guys would say that "the Democrats can get away with murder". Now..."They turned on him to keep the spotlight off of themselves". When will you guys ever be satisfied?
The liberals pick and choose who to go after, it has nothing to do with the offense.
xtb is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-30-2021, 04:09 AM   #37
cratman

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandy View Post
I don't like Cuomo, either. But because someone says that he put his hand under her blouse doesn't mean anything unless she can prove that it wasn't consensual. She may have been drunk, too, and they may have been fooling around. Now, for whatever reason, she may have a grudge against him so she's going after him. This is the problem with these situations, no one really knows what actually happened.

I'll give you an example. I followed the original Cosby trial closely, the one where he was acquitted. A Philadelphia newspaper published statements made by about ten women who allegedly were invited to Cosby's "room". Every one of them said essentially the same thing, that Cosby offered them pot and/or quaaludes and then tried to seduce them. Not one of them said that he assaulted them. They said stuff like, "he put his hand on my leg as we were sitting on the bed."

Well, several years later, in the second trial, which was actually unlawful, several of the exact same women changed their original statements and instead of saying "he put his hand on my leg", they said stuff like, "he tried to push me down onto the bed." These were the same women. But, now there was the possibility of big money defamation lawsuits and wealthy people like Cosby will often settle out of court, so each of the claimants gets money.

Plus a bunch of other women came out of the weeds, and there was no way to know if any of them actually ever met Cosby.

If you don't think that people will lie to get free money....
Actually unlawful, do you have any legal basis for this statement?
Old 10-30-2021, 08:31 AM   #38
pandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by cratman View Post
Actually unlawful, do you have any legal basis for this statement?
Yes, Cosby was released from prison because of a standing agreement with a prosecuter. Most legal experts said that the trial was unlawful while it was actually happening.

So, just imagine, someone accuses you of a crime, but you don't get arrested. But, you decide to settle with your accuser and a prosecutor signs off on it. Your accuser signs a gag order. Then many years later, another prosecuter decides to try you for the alleged crime that you were never arrested for in the first place and uses the same witness that you settled with. That's what they did.

Our system is not supposed to throw people in jail just because someone doesn't like them, or a prosecutor wants it that way.

Last edited by pandy; 10-30-2021 at 08:37 AM.
pandy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-30-2021, 09:37 AM   #39
cratman

not by prosecutor

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/10/29/n...-commisso.html

The charges were not brought by the prosecutor. Per this article, this is very unusual.
Old 10-30-2021, 09:47 AM   #40
cratman

Did he do it

Was not that easy a call as it went to the highest court in Pennsylvania.
The agreement was done to force him to testfify in the civil trail. Evidently the trial did not go well for him as, per this article:

Cosby testified during four days of depositions by Constand’s attorneys, and the civil suit was settled for more than $3 million in 2006.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/06/30/cour...osecution.html
Old 10-30-2021, 11:12 AM   #41
pandy

Quote:
https://www.nytimes.com/2021/10/29/n...-commisso.html

The charges were not brought by the prosecutor. Per this article, this is very unusual.
Wow, that's weird. I don't see how they prove it. They say they have all sorts of documents to use as evidence. How can documents provide a clue as to whether or not someone touched someone in a room when no one else was in the room?

I follow these cases closely, they're just as good as reading legal thrillers.
Old 10-30-2021, 11:18 AM   #42
pandy

Quote:
Was not that easy a call as it went to the highest court in Pennsylvania.
The agreement was done to force him to testfify in the civil trail. Evidently the trial did not go well for him as, per this article:

Cosby testified during four days of depositions by Constand’s attorneys, and the civil suit was settled for more than $3 million in 2006.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/06/30/cour...osecution.html
The second trial, the one that landed him in jail, which was later overturned by the PA supreme court, was typically bizarre for these "he said she said" type of alleged crimes.

So the alleged victim said that he gave her a drug and she couldn't move and then he lied down next to her and used her hand to masturbate. I kid you not. Did she have any evidence to prove that he did this? Of course not. Why did she go to his room when he invited her there in the first place? Of course, that doesn't mean that she was lying, but it does mean that they threw Cosby in jail without any evidence, based on something someone said that may or may not have happened.
Old 11-14-2021, 12:03 AM   #43
davew

since current AG Letitia James announced her candidacy for governor, Andrew is considering running for AG.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...y-general.html

He should call Biden, maybe he could get a job being Covid Czar or something.
davew is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-14-2021, 12:08 AM   #44
Elkchester Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by davew View Post
since current AG Letitia James announced her candidacy for governor, Andrew is considering running for AG.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...y-general.html

He should call Biden, maybe he could get a job being Covid Czar or something.
Unmitigated gall.
Old 11-27-2021, 05:48 PM   #45
davew

Andrew Cuomo's Book Should Have Been Called ‘Confessions Of A Sociopath’

davew is online now   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: