Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 06-19-2018, 12:49 AM   #361
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by highnote View Post
That is just silly. Sacajawea was able to travel from St. Louis to the Pacific Ocean and back with a newborn. You're lucky to have been born a white male in a country with a great infrastructure that could provide you with an education and access to jobs. The same cannot be said of the people trying escape poverty, war, and crime. It sounds to me like they are so desperate to get away from what looks incredible hardship that they are risking their lives at a chance for a better life.

Have you ever had to go to sleep hungry or worry about being killed in a war zone or had to grow up in absolute poverty with no hope of a job or a secure future?

The lack of empathy for the plight of these desperate people is disappointing.
Stick your white privilege straight up your white asshole.

And don't try and tell me you're not white. Only a white person could sound so silly. "Sacajawea" LULZ

They could have escaped war right next door in Mexico. Pretty sure there is no war going on in Mexico. Why didn't they stay there instead? Did Mexico threaten to separate them from their kids too if they tried to stay?

Last edited by PaceAdvantage; 06-19-2018 at 12:52 AM.
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-19-2018, 12:50 AM   #362
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
I disagree. Nazi's are the low baseline with which every wrong and immoral act gets compared to. The closer a situation is to what the Nazi's did the worse it is, presumably.
And my point is you're one ignorant SOB when it comes to Nazis. Because if you weren't so ignorant, you wouldn't be so stupid to try and make the comparison.
Old 06-19-2018, 12:53 AM   #363
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
I disagree. Nazi's are the low baseline with which every wrong and immoral act gets compared to. The closer a situation is to what the Nazi's did the worse it is, presumably.

The book "Sophie's Choice" reminds me a lot of what is going on at the border -- separating children from their parents. Blame Trump's border policy for bringing up these memories.
Off-topic trolling at its finest. Well, not really. We've been hurting for good trolls for a while now.

Time to bring back 46zilzal?
Old 06-19-2018, 12:55 AM   #364
OntheRail

Quote:
They may deserve to be separated from their kids, but their kids are INNOCENT and therefore do NOT deserve to be punished and abused by separating them from their parents.
Talk about a chicken and egg circle...

Please sqaure that circle for us will you.
Old 06-19-2018, 12:58 AM   #365
FantasticDan
gelding

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
They could have escaped war right next door in Mexico. Pretty sure there is no war going on in Mexico. Why didn't they stay there instead? Did Mexico threaten to separate them from their kids too if they tried to stay?
Man, are you clueless

http://res.dallasnews.com/interactives/migrantroute/
FantasticDan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-19-2018, 01:07 AM   #366
highnote

Quote:
Stick your white privilege straight up your white asshole.

And don't try and tell me you're not white. Only a white person could sound so silly. "Sacajawea" LULZ

I never said I wasn't white. But those migrant routes are apparently well traveled. Maybe it is like the underground railroad and the people are given help along the way?

The story at this link https://www.cbsnews.com/news/immigra...-into-america/ talks about a rancher in Texas who set up a water station on his ranch to help immigrants. Although, it sounds like the immigrant's trip get much tougher once they get to the U.S.

You may not like to hear it or you may not want to believe it, but white males are born with a huge advantage whether you like it or not.
highnote is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-19-2018, 01:19 AM   #367
highnote

Quote:
Off-topic trolling at its finest. Well, not really. We've been hurting for good trolls for a while now.

Time to bring back 46zilzal?
Not trolling. Just practicing the advice a Rabbi gave me when I was younger. I asked him what are some good charitable causes to pursue. He said take care of the children because they are the most vulnerable.

So that's what I'm doing here -- fighting for innocent children by speaking up when I see an injustice being done to them.

What is being done to those children is immoral and reprehensible.
Old 06-19-2018, 01:43 AM   #368
highnote

Quote:
Originally Posted by FantasticDan View Post
WOW I'll admit I am just learning about the plight of these immigrants.

I guess I can kind of relate to their plight, although mine was not nearly as bad.

My mom was sick all through my high school years and died a week before I graduated. When I got out of school the Rust Belt economy was at the bottom. I was used to caring for myself because I had to go to work busing tables and pumping gas when I was 16 if I wanted to have any money. My parents didn't have it to give since everything went for my mom's cancer treatments. It sounds like a bad movie plot, but it's the truth. I was desperately poor and living on my own without any skills, but fortunately, I was able to get a lot of financial aid to go to college. I don't know how I ever did it on my own, but I did. I guess the alternative was to keep pumping gas. After graduation the economy was still terrible so I left my family and friends and traveled across the Applachian Mountains to NYC looking for opportunity. Lucky for me I am a U.S. citizen and white. Finding a job in New York was pretty easy, or maybe I got lucky. Finding a good paying job was hard, but when you're young you don't need much and you have plenty of time to learn a skill or a trade while on the job.

I definitely was not born with a silver spoon in my mouth but I was lucky enough to be born a Caucasian U.S. citizen.

I don't see any difference between what I did by immigrating from the midwest to NYC and what people from South America are doing by immigrating to the U.S. People want to work, make a living, and build a life. Everyone has the same basic needs.

The needs of children are even simpler. I don't think it is asking too much to allow children to remain with their parents while at the border. But feel free to disagree. I don't expect you to change your mind, but don't expect me to change mine, either. This is one issue that is non-negotiable to me.
Old 06-19-2018, 01:55 AM   #369
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by FantasticDan View Post
Exactly how the **** am *I* clueless. Reading that link you posted, it basically stated EVERYTHING I have stated here in recent posts.

EVERYTHING.

From the insanely dangerous conditions these parents are dragging their children through, to bypassing Mexico for the USA, which only extends the MORTAL DANGER these kids are in, right down to everything else.

It was basically a SLAM DUNK.

Thanks for posting it.
Old 06-19-2018, 01:59 AM   #370
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Not trolling. Just practicing the advice a Rabbi gave me when I was younger. I asked him what are some good charitable causes to pursue. He said take care of the children because they are the most vulnerable.

So that's what I'm doing here -- fighting for innocent children by speaking up when I see an injustice being done to them.

What is being done to those children is immoral and reprehensible.
You SHOULD take care of children.

And there are PLENTY of needy children living right here as citizens of the USA. Maybe we should take care of all the starving and neglected children right here in the USA before we start worrying about taking care of all the other children in the world. Especially those being brought here illegally by selfish, abusive, neglectful parents.

God, reading about what they put these kids through trying to get to the USA is a horror story.

But you'll sit here and complain about how terrible it is for the kids ONCE THEY GET HERE?

Wow. What a bunch of turnip truck rubes you guys are.
Old 06-19-2018, 02:24 AM   #371
davew

Quote:
That is just silly. Sacajawea was able to travel from St. Louis to the Pacific Ocean and back with a newborn. You're lucky to have been born a white male in a country with a great infrastructure that could provide you with an education and access to jobs. The same cannot be said of the people trying escape poverty, war, and crime. It sounds to me like they are so desperate to get away from what looks incredible hardship that they are risking their lives at a chance for a better life.

Have you ever had to go to sleep hungry or worry about being killed in a war zone or had to grow up in absolute poverty with no hope of a job or a secure future?

Maybe you could suggest to your congress people to make a new law that would allow progressive people such as yourself to adopt these families escaping hopelessness (who would then become your responsibility).
davew is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-19-2018, 03:19 AM   #372
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Originally Posted by davew View Post
Maybe you could suggest to your congress people to make a new law that would allow progressive people such as yourself to adopt these families escaping hopelessness (who would then become your responsibility).
Yeah right.......

You’re killing me.

Only if you tie the crimes committed their “sponsor”
Old 06-19-2018, 04:03 AM   #373
incoming

Help...Help....the sky is falling. Once again The New Democrat Party has resurrected an old political debate that has been kicked down the road for at least a decade. They have completely forgotten about The Russians are Coming debacle that they started over a year ago. Of course, that tale is slowly coming to a close, most likely a few foot soldiers will get some jail time. detractions......detractions

If anyone is truly interested in the TRUE facts, it was covered in today's Sara Sanders press conference along with her guest DHS secretary, Nielsen. Let's see how many MSM outlets report the facts instead of 'fake news.'

One of the facts she trotted out, 10,000 of the 12,000 children that are now in DHS custody weren't accompanied by their parents. problems.....and more problems. All they had to do and completely solve the problem was enter at a port of entry instead of crossing the border illegally. These kids were sent here to disrupt, has nothing to do with asylum..... duh.

More at link: about 40 minutes

incoming is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-19-2018, 04:41 AM   #374
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by incoming
If anyone is truly interested in the TRUE facts, it was covered in today's Sara Sanders press conference along with her guest DHS secretary, Nielsen. Let's see how many MSM outlets report the facts instead of 'fake news.'
A very poor attempt at humor, let alone "TRUE facts"

However, facts and humor are actually available

hcap is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-19-2018, 07:47 AM   #375
newtothegame

Quote:

So as has been mentioned a few times, to YOU....
How many have you taken in so far??? I mean the way you are goiong on and on ranting, surely your morality has allowed you to take in a few....

Ohh wait, your NOT that moral are ya???
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights, that among these are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. That to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men,deriving their just powers from the consent of the
governed.
newtothegame is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: