Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - Computers

Old 11-09-2017, 06:53 PM   #1
judd

Trend Micro

Anybody know about Trend Micro Internet security
Old 11-10-2017, 12:37 AM   #2
hyipro

Go with established the best
hyipro is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-10-2017, 07:50 AM   #3
headhawg
crusty old guy

judd,

I use a combination of Bitdefender and Malwarebytes Pro, fwiw. Both are rated at the top or near the top of their respective classes of malware protection. I am computer savvy so I stay away from the the usual behaviors that get other people in trouble, but these two programs have served me well for years.

That said Trend Micro would be fine as long as you keep any risky computer behavior to a minimum. But if you go that route add Malwarebytes as your on-demand scanner.

Last edited by headhawg; 11-10-2017 at 07:52 AM.
headhawg is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-10-2017, 11:40 AM   #4
ubercapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by judd View Post
Anybody know about Trend Micro Internet security
I have used Trend Micro on all my PCs for the last 6 or 7 years. That means my laptop and my wife's laptop. We used to use it on desktops as well but don't have any at present. I use Trend Micro Titanium Maximum security.

I have not had a single issue with a virus, malware or ransomware during that time. I highly recommend it.

You can pick up Trend Micro licenses on ebay for under $20 for 3 pcs for 1 year or single licenses for about $10. These are not bootleg but a lot of people buy them in bulk for various purposes then sell them on ebay. I have never had an issue with a counterfeit license purchased this way.

The first time you do this you get a license then go to the Trend Micro web site and download the software, then install it.

Then when you get the pop up about 50 weeks later telling you the license is about to expire you get a new one, enter it in the system and you're done. You can also upgrade to the newest version.

Trend Micro updates the virus list very often so always set to allow that to it without being prompted. Sometimes when I turn on the laptop the update slows things down for about 5 minutes but that's the only issue I have ever had.
ubercapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-10-2017, 02:06 PM   #5
tcasolo

My cable and ISP is Armstrong. They offer Trend Micro for no cost to all subscribers. I have used it for years without any issues.
tcasolo is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: