Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 05-07-2016, 06:39 PM   #1
Southbaygent
TomT

TVG website crashed for the Derby, lol

Here in SoCal TVG website and mobile apps are down

So glad I bet an hour ago....post parade now and still down here

Last edited by Southbaygent; 05-07-2016 at 06:42 PM.
Southbaygent is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-07-2016, 07:15 PM   #2
olddaddy

Still down, what a joke
olddaddy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-07-2016, 07:51 PM   #3
hyipro

Nassau Downs OTB

Nassau downs OTB up and down all day, had to make my last bets by phone, which was better then clicking......
hyipro is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-07-2016, 07:55 PM   #4
mostpost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southbaygent
Here in SoCal TVG website and mobile apps are down

So glad I bet an hour ago....post parade now and still down here
Apparently you are smarter than me. I waited and could not bet. I had the winner (Nyquist) and the Exacta (Nyquist-Exaggerator). I would have made a $57.50 profit on the race. Instead, I get nothing.

I don't think this is the first time this has happened on a big day.
Old 05-07-2016, 07:55 PM   #5
Inner Dirt

Pathetic
Inner Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-07-2016, 08:00 PM   #6
horses4courses

I'm not sure how long ago TVG "upgraded" their website. Maybe a few months.

The new website is garbage.
It will cost them a lot of business.
horses4courses is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-07-2016, 08:08 PM   #7
RunForTheRoses

I wished it had crashed earlier, if ya know what I mean.

Usually do good Derby Day, off tracks BEL and SA didn't help.

Last edited by RunForTheRoses; 05-07-2016 at 08:10 PM.
RunForTheRoses is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-07-2016, 11:38 PM   #8
Bennie

Made most of my bets yesterday and early today at OTB but always make "last minute" bets when noticing the track is playing a certain way. Like today when closers were no where to be found. Wanted to key Nyquist over Gun, Exagg and Sudden for a small tri but watched the little arrow spin around for over 30 minutes before giving up. Would have hit, small profit that would have made me about even for the day but it was more frustrating watching the stupid thing spin and getting "we are experiencing technical difficulties" messages. I have complained several times about their "new and improved" home page. What a frustrating bunch of crap they put up. I always click on go to previous on the bottom to bring up the old home page. Stuck here in Jersey leaves you no options and I know every year the closer to post time the slower the site but with all the so called upgrades you would think they would have figured a way to avoid this
Bennie is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-08-2016, 01:46 AM   #9
Southbaygent
TomT

Here's an email I received from the CEO, LOL:

Dear Thomas,

At TVG, we know how important it is to provide a great experience to our wagering account holders, not only on the first Saturday in May, but every day. Today, plain and simple, we let many of you down, and we're sorry.

We build our products to handle enormous amounts of volume and have committed significant time and resources to accommodate a growing customer base. This year in particular, we took unprecedented measures to ensure a great experience for our customers. Regretfully, due to human error, we introduced today's problem during a final readiness check. This won't happen again.

We understand you have a choice as to where you bet and we thank you for playing with us. I promise you that over the coming days and months we will do everything in our power to earn back your trust and to ensure our systems are ready for the exciting Spring and Summer racing season. We will continue to update you on our progress.

I sincerely thank you for being a TVG customer.

Kip Levin
CEO, TVG
Southbaygent is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-08-2016, 04:25 AM   #10
lamboguy

i can only wonder how much TVG lost by being down at the wrong moment. i happen to keep 4 different adw' active just for the times that this could happen.

i was able to bet what i wanted even with TVG down. it cost me about $400 in the difference of rebate that i get in other places on Churchill. i am not unhappy though because i know ahead of time this is the cost of doing business sometimes. i was lucky enough to have GUNRUNNER hold 3rd.

this is not the first time this has happened to adw's. i remember it happening at Youbet, Twinspires and Xpressbet on big days. it happened once before the days of online adw's to me at Tonkowa on a big day. TVG just got way overloaded yesterday and was not prepared to handle the situation. it probably will not happen again. i feel bad for the frustrated people relying on them on a big day. i have been dealing with TVG for over 6 months now and i really can't say a bad word about them. they gave me my own personal account rep that answer's all the questions i have and takes care of any problems that i might have.

TVG gives me Timeform US for free as long as i play the track with them. if not for them i would not have been looking at their pp's and it honestly has helped me many times since i started to use them.
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-08-2016, 05:21 AM   #11
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southbaygent
Here's an email I received from the CEO, LOL:

Dear Thomas,

At TVG, we know how important it is to provide a great experience to our wagering account holders, not only on the first Saturday in May, but every day. Today, plain and simple, we let many of you down, and we're sorry.

We build our products to handle enormous amounts of volume and have committed significant time and resources to accommodate a growing customer base. This year in particular, we took unprecedented measures to ensure a great experience for our customers. Regretfully, due to human error, we introduced today's problem during a final readiness check. This won't happen again.

We understand you have a choice as to where you bet and we thank you for playing with us. I promise you that over the coming days and months we will do everything in our power to earn back your trust and to ensure our systems are ready for the exciting Spring and Summer racing season. We will continue to update you on our progress.

I sincerely thank you for being a TVG customer.

Kip Levin
CEO, TVG

This is all well and good, but how can you believe these words from a company that employs Todd Schrupp as its 'face'?
Stillriledup is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-08-2016, 12:20 PM   #12
happy camper

Ibetmohegan, which is the adw for pocono downs, crashed like at race 7, and was extremely slow before that.

I could understand if they were being extorted through a ddos attack, but they weren't. It was a crap show all day. Got to look into that am wager place.
happy camper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-08-2016, 06:06 PM   #13
whodoyoulike
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by horses4courses
I'm not sure how long ago TVG "upgraded" their website. Maybe a few months.

The new website is garbage.
It will cost them a lot of business.
This reason didn't occur to me yesterday when I was attempting to access even their phone line went down. I don't like their new upgraded site and luckily found the link to switch back to the old version. If they implement the new version I'm going to find another ADW.

Under the new version, were you able to locate the BET button?

Last edited by whodoyoulike; 05-08-2016 at 06:07 PM.
whodoyoulike is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-09-2016, 02:21 PM   #14
upthecreek

NJRC

This will acknowledge receipt of your email concerning 4NJBets and its service provider, TVG.

Please be advised that the New Jersey Racing Commission is currently reviewing the inability of 4NJBets to wager on the Kentucky Derby on Saturday, May 7, 2016. Once the Commission has completed its review, I will contact you with the findings.

Sincerely,

Frank Zanzuccki, Executive Director
New Jersey Racing Commission
upthecreek is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: