Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - Sports

Old 09-24-2023, 11:27 AM   #1
Teach

Patriots vs. Jets: The Final Countdown

Now, less than two hours away, Patriots vs. Jets. Met Life Stadium, The Meadowlands, The Paterson Plank Road, East Rutherford, New Jersey. The last I saw, the Patriots - 2.5; O/U: 36

I’ll begin by saying that if there’s a “wild card” in this afternoon’s game, it's in the presence of Ophelia. She continues to pound the New York City-area. Her presence may well make throwing and running with the football difficult.

You can call this game what you want: “Mayhem in The Meadowlands.” In fact, a win is crucial for both teams, that is if either has their sights on making the playoffs.

The Patriots, in particular, desperately need a win. Oh, there are some, I know, who would say, even if they lose, 0-3, there are still 14 games left.

Sure, the Pats are going to “run the table.” Whadaya been smokin’?” The Cowboys, in Dallas, Week 4. I dare say you’re delusional.

As for the Patriots, they’ve been competitive in their two losses to the Eagles and Dolphins; yet I’m not sure either of those teams had “the pedal to the metal.”

Further, it’s imperative that the Patriots get off to a good start; Silky Sullivan they ain’t!

As for the Jets, they looked good against the Bills in their OT win, but they looked horrendous against the Cowboys.

I ask: “Which Jets team do we get, the one that earned the OT win over the Bills or the lackluster one that was easily defeated by Dallas. It’s a case of Stevenson’s (not Rhamondre): “The Strange Adventure of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde.”

In closing, I’m picking the Jets. Fourteen straight losses to the Patriots. Enough is enough! Comeuppance. I’ll take the points and bet “The Under."

"Walt, make a 'mental bet' and lose your mind." R.N.S.

"The important thing is what I think of myself."
"David and Lisa" (1962)

Teach is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-24-2023, 03:25 PM   #2
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

I don't delve much into the sports topics here...but something tells me you're right in the end