Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Handicapping Software > HandiFast Handicapping Software

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 18 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 06-05-2017, 02:38 AM   #766
Handiman
BarelyWinning

Thanks Buddy.

Yea it's been a bumpy road for sure. But doing pretty good now. Congratulations on all the interest in your programs. I follow your thread pretty faithfully. Love to see how people are doing.

It would be fun to compete for sure. Maybe we can get users of both programs to join in and have some fun. We'll talk, I have some serious revising to get done first though.

Keep up the good work.

Handi
Handiman is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-05-2017, 06:32 AM   #767
acorn54

don't know if this will help others, but I feel it works for me. I focus on the top two fairodds horses including ties. at the toteboard if a horse is heavily favored and no other horse is BELOW 5-1, I pass the race assuming there is not a competitive race. I also believe tim mass of overlay publications, that says an individual can at most have 80 percent of the information on the race in question.
I do not bet the fair odds according to the handifast program, but make my strike price 50 percent higher.
hope this helps fellow handifast users.
acorn54 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-05-2017, 07:51 AM   #768
mikesal57
Veteran

Hey Acorn..

We/I like when someone other than myself and Handi post things...

You have some good ideas...why dont you post some picks in our private forum and maybe we can combine our minds and make improvements..

Mike
mikesal57 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-05-2017, 07:52 AM   #769
mikesal57
Veteran

HAndi...what is the bug with the negative numbers?
Old 06-05-2017, 06:06 PM   #770
Handiman
BarelyWinning

They show up on the display, but in all actuallity they don't get included in the calculations. I almost have it fixed. Plus i have added Days Since Last Race as a ratable factor.

Hope to have this out in the next couple of days.

Handi
Old 06-05-2017, 07:01 PM   #771
Longshot6977

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handiman View Post
They show up on the display, but in all actuallity they don't get included in the calculations. I almost have it fixed. Plus i have added Days Since Last Race as a ratable factor.

Hope to have this out in the next couple of days.

Handi
Mike, in your post #761, how did you get the -25 to move the 3 horse up to the 2nd slot? Just curious.
I have been checking the winners with the factors in a spreadsheet like you mentioned and rebuilt my analysts and had pretty good results at Monmouth on the weekend. Not sure I'm gonna use the negative factors though, but will use the 'Last Raced' factor after Handi gets it programmed.
Longshot6977 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-05-2017, 08:49 PM   #772
mikesal57
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longshot6977 View Post
Mike, in your post #761, how did you get the -25 to move the 3 horse up to the 2nd slot? Just curious.
I have been checking the winners with the factors in a spreadsheet like you mentioned and rebuilt my analysts and had pretty good results at Monmouth on the weekend. Not sure I'm gonna use the negative factors though, but will use the 'Last Raced' factor after Handi gets it programmed.

LS......first off you wont see any changes using negative numbers because of the bug Handi mentions...
I didnt see it because I had a beta of the negative numbers and it works fine.

I used a -38 in ML factor and moved the 3 up to second slot..

its up to you on what you want to use.....
I believe a ML is someones opinion on the horses odds and the other factors are "real" numbers the horse earns....

think about it...

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2b.JPG (159.8 KB, 90 views)
Old 06-10-2017, 02:02 AM   #773
Handiman
BarelyWinning

Handifast Ver 9.5.1 is winging it's way to PA right now.

See if I can remember what I changed... The Negative numbers work now. One important note***you will see that Days since last race is a ratable factor now. Only and I emphasize, only use negative numbers with this new factor. It's because it's meant for punishing horses with layoffs of over 45 days. I may change that down the road as to the cutoff number of days for layoffs. We'll see. If the horse is strong enough even with a long layoff, he can still be in your top ratings.

I believe that's all.

Good Luck Tomorrow at Belmont.

Handi
Old 06-11-2017, 01:26 PM   #774
mikesal57
Veteran

thxs PA

BEWARE ALL......

Take Snap Shots of your previous analyst settings....

THIS WILL MESS THEM UP AFTER COPING AND PASTING THE 2 FILES!!!!

Last edited by mikesal57; 06-11-2017 at 01:36 PM.
Old 06-11-2017, 05:27 PM   #775
Handiman
BarelyWinning

Hope this clears things up a bit. If you are brand new to handifast you need to PM me and I will make sure you have things setup right. I have just sent PA a zip file of Handifast 9.5.1 that I believe he will make available right away.

Note***** You must have a folder C:\temphandi if you are brand new the program when run will create some files in that folder. First thing you must do is create an analysts, give it a name and save it.

The zip file that will be available, can be unzipped into any folder you want. So you could have a folder C:\temphandi for the supporting files and a folder say C:\handifast or whatever you decide to name it, where you would unzip the zipped files into. You could just do everything in the temp handi folder if you wanted. Doesn't matter.

Again if you are new to handifast please PM and let me know so I can make sure you have everythiing. In the beginning you will need a file in temphandi that is called Analystflag I believe. If it's not in the zip file, I can send it to you when you pm me. Everyone else that has been using Handifast will already have that file.

Sorry for any misunderstandings. I don't mean for this to be hard.

Handi

P.S. Working on some things I believe will make handifast even more powerful, but that's going to be a while.
Old 06-11-2017, 06:53 PM   #776
oughtoh

ow do you create an analysts? Think this might be way to complicated for me to try and install, let alone use.

Last edited by oughtoh; 06-11-2017 at 06:55 PM.
oughtoh is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-11-2017, 07:20 PM   #777
Handiman
BarelyWinning

Creating an analyst is very easy. Once you fire up the program, you have a menu option that says Race Analyst. When you click on that you get a drop down menu with the option to Build Analyst. You click on that and a form comes up with all the factors available. You select a factor and a form comes up allowing you to assign a value to that factor between minus 250 up to 250 points. Once you select the factors you want to use, then you double click on one of the two scaling objects and then give your analyst a name and click save. That's it.

It really is easy to use.

Hope that explains things.
Handi
Old 06-11-2017, 08:40 PM   #778
mikesal57
Veteran

I"ll give some advice to all

Theres a short and long version for answers...
The short version is to go back 2 years snd read forward...
The long version is to go to post #1 to get the history..

All your questions will be answered with this approach..

Thx

Mike
Old 06-11-2017, 11:49 PM   #779
Handiman
BarelyWinning

Everybody just stop. Do not try and build an analyst with M/L as a factor. A bug has been reported and I am working on fixing it right now. Will have the new correct program as soon as I can.

Sorry PA, I know I'm probably driving you crazy with the downloads.

Handi
Old 06-12-2017, 12:43 AM   #780
Handiman
BarelyWinning

Ok a line was missing and I found it corrected it and new files are off to PA. I am so sorry I missed it. The program will work as you have it, just don't try and build an analyst using M/L factor till PA gets new updated files I have just sent him up and ready to download.

For the new guys who have contacted me, I should have help your way soon.

Handi