Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 11-15-2010, 12:33 AM   #31
ohbaby
Journeyman

Mike Smith went through 6 pair of goggles. That's alot of kick back. In her other dirt races, the fields were small, less kick back. FYI.
ohbaby is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-15-2010, 12:54 AM   #32
Under Wraps

I think the kickback gave her trouble and caused her to be an extra five lenghts off the field than she would have been sans the kickback. I think her lack of experience dealing with kickback cost her the race.
Under Wraps is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-15-2010, 01:00 AM   #33
nijinski

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valuist
Here's a message to Zenyatta, to Mike Smith, and to John Shirrefs: if you don't want kickback, then race on the lead.

Imagine that; she had to run against a field where there was more than 5 horses. How unfair is that?

Where is the thread for all of Goldikova's excuses? Oh yeah, she didn't need any.
Goldi doesn't do dirty.
nijinski is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-15-2010, 02:45 PM   #34
joanied

Location: Wyoming, near Yellowstone Park...born/raised in Brooklyn,NY
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpitt84
Aww thanks for the pic, joanied. I really appreciate it!!

Zenyatta definitely didnt know what that was but after seeing that, it makes me respect her more for almost getting there. I will miss her!
No problem, cpitt84...glad to do it.

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time that is given to us"
Gandalf the Grey
joanied is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-15-2010, 03:04 PM   #35
joanied

There's a saying that says something about a 'picture is worth a thousand words'... I guess those of you here that decided to make fun of this thread topic must be missing a lot in life...that you look at a picture, but do not see it...

anyone that is really in tune with animals, especially horses, can read their body language as well as their expressions, but I suppose you guys will take that and say it's ridiculous...but that is one of the things that makes a good horseman.

I read some things from a few of the photographers that were on the track...that said the kick back was actually mud clods...a horse that's never felt that before is sure to be unhappy about it...as Zenyatta plainly was.

You guys that feel the need to make fun of certain threads, posts, or members...have at it, dudes...afterall, kids will be kids!!

Gandalf the Grey
Old 11-15-2010, 03:12 PM   #36
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by joanied
anyone that is really in tune with animals, especially horses, can read their body language as well as their expressions, but I suppose you guys will take that and say it's ridiculous...but that is one of the things that makes a good horseman.
Oh please. Your entire post was ridiculous, but I'll stick to the creme de la creme. It is a still picture, not a video. We realize you petted a horse once a long time ago, but I'm not sure that makes you master horsewoman of PA.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-15-2010, 05:00 PM   #37
joanied

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj
Oh please. Your entire post was ridiculous, but I'll stick to the creme de la creme. It is a still picture, not a video. We realize you petted a horse once a long time ago, but I'm not sure that makes you master horsewoman of PA.
Nope, it doesn't....you got that one locked up...master of PA!
I can see as much from a photo as a video...
since you know me from a hole in the wall...how do you know I'm not a master horsewoman...you might be a excellent handicapper, cj...but it's obvious you know not much about horses....bet you never spent a day in your life around them...I've spent 365 days a year with them, in many capacities...I know a thing or two...
now I'll say what I've said to you before...let's agree to disagree, you managed to turn a favor I did for a member into some sort of crusade...so, you go your way, I'll go mine...

Gandalf the Grey
Old 11-15-2010, 05:07 PM   #38
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
since you know me from a hole in the wall...how do you know I'm not a master horsewoman...you might be a excellent handicapper, cj...but it's obvious you know not much about horses....bet you never spent a day in your life around them...I've spent 365 days a year with them, in many capacities...I know a thing or two...
now I'll say what I've said to you before...let's agree to disagree, you managed to turn a favor I did for a member into some sort of crusade...so, you go your way, I'll go mine...
Doesn't work that way. If you wanted to do her a favor, you PM the link to the photo...simple.

I've spent plenty time around horses, thank you.
Old 11-15-2010, 06:01 PM   #39
joanied

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj
Doesn't work that way. If you wanted to do her a favor, you PM the link to the photo...simple.

I've spent plenty time around horses, thank you.
I couldn't figure out how to attach the photo to a PM ...but, I sure didn't expect to be called "ridiclous", I thought you had more class than that...guess ya learn something new everyday.

By the way, just spending time around horses doesn't make you a horseperson...you have to work with them, in a sense, live with them...get down and dirty, do everything...doubt you've done anything like that...you might just have to admit I probably know more about them than you ever will...but, I don't think you care anyway....why should you!

Gandalf the Grey
Old 11-15-2010, 06:06 PM   #40
Jens

joanied,

I wish I could find the thread BigMac started a while back describing the difference between the over the top ZGushers and the over the top ZBashers. It was spot on then and still holds true today.
Jens is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-15-2010, 06:07 PM   #41
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Ok........now tell me what this one's thinking?

JustRalph is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-15-2010, 06:09 PM   #42
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
I couldn't figure out how to attach the photo to a PM ...but, I sure didn't expect to be called "ridiclous", I thought you had more class than that...guess ya learn something new everyday.

By the way, just spending time around horses doesn't make you a horseperson...you have to work with them, in a sense, live with them...get down and dirty, do everything...doubt you've done anything like that...you might just have to admit I probably know more about them than you ever will...but, I don't think you care anyway....why should you!
I didn't think it was any worse than the old "it is obvious you..." fill in the blank. You probably do know more than I do, but it doesn't mean you aren't wrong about me.

Even so, I would still argue there isn't much you can tell from a still photo. I would also say that there are plenty of people very good at reading the body language of a horse that haven't worked with them. No, I'm not one of them and don't pretend to be, but I know a few people that are very good at it. Guess what? They've never bandaged a leg or braided a mane, or even mucked a stall.
Old 11-15-2010, 06:13 PM   #43
Spalding No!

Quote:

Why don't you just point out the signs in the still photo that "tell you" that Zenyatta is "unhappy", instead of trying to pull this Russian Mystic crap?

Is it the pinned ears? Is it the half-closed eye? Is it the head carriage?

After answering that, say we had a picture of Blame or Fly Down or Lookin At Lucky at a similar moment during the race. What do you think those still photos would look like?

Next, if we were to show these photos to random people on the street, how many would come up with the same "signs" as you did?

For those who don't want to bother to wait for a response, and just want to get down to the nitty gritty, I would suggest looking up the word "anthropomorphize" in the dictionary.

Then we all can call ourselves horsemen.
Spalding No! is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-15-2010, 06:13 PM   #44
joanied

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jens
joanied,

I wish I could find the thread BigMac started a while back describing the difference between the over the top ZGushers and the over the top ZBashers. It was spot on then and still holds true today.
I think I remember that post...we have so many Zen threads, it's hard to find a post you're looking for ...
but my posting the photo that started this thread wasn't meant to be anymore than a photo of her catching kick back and not being happy about it...

fact is, I'm sick & tired of Zgushers & Zbashers and being called ridiculous for posting a photo and giving my opinion on the race...oh, well...life goes on

Gandalf the Grey
Old 11-15-2010, 06:19 PM   #45
Cardus
Veteran

Quote:
I can tell by your posts that you're not.
Cardus is offline   Reply With Quote Reply