Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Handicapping Discussion

Old 11-22-2019, 08:33 PM   #1
Speed Figure
DJ M.Walk

Derby Wars!

I joined derby wars about 2 weeks ago. I've played 12 tournaments and finally got the win today! finished in the top 4 3 times. The ultimate goal is to become a tournament player. This score would have won both the $111 for $600 and the $275 for $2000. Now about to step up to the $111 tournaments and keep trying to step up higher on a daily basis! does anyone else play on this site?

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen Shot 2019-11-22 at 4.40.47 PM.jpg (299.2 KB, 53 views)
Speed Figure is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-22-2019, 09:16 PM   #2
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Congrats!
Old 11-22-2019, 09:52 PM   #3
JimG

I used to play on it when they first started the site. Congrats Speed and continued success!!

Jim
JimG is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-22-2019, 09:57 PM   #4
Lemon Drop Husker
Veteran

I have an account, but find Horse Tourneys as a much better option.

HT is also hooked into NHC and BCBC contests.
Lemon Drop Husker is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-22-2019, 11:18 PM   #5
Speed Figure
DJ M.Walk

Thanks guys! I see that Horse Tourneys has the bigger tracks and is played more towards to bigger national tournaments. Most definitely will sign up over there! I like the Aqueduct $111 and $275 pools at derby wars as they fill up
all the time.

Last edited by Speed Figure; 11-22-2019 at 11:21 PM. Reason: wrong numbers
Old 11-22-2019, 11:51 PM   #6
jay68802

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed Figure View Post
I joined derby wars about 2 weeks ago. I've played 12 tournaments and finally got the win today! finished in the top 4 3 times. The ultimate goal is to become a tournament player. This score would have won both the $111 for $600 and the $275 for $2000. Now about to step up to the $111 tournaments and keep trying to step up higher on a daily basis! does anyone else play on this site?

jay68802 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-23-2019, 12:16 AM   #7
Lemon Drop Husker
Veteran

Quote:
Thanks guys! I see that Horse Tourneys has the bigger tracks and is played more towards to bigger national tournaments. Most definitely will sign up over there! I like the Aqueduct $111 and $275 pools at derby wars as they fill up
all the time.

While probably not important for you, HT also gives you free Brisnet forms for each contest you enter.
Lemon Drop Husker is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-23-2019, 12:33 PM   #8
Gerard02

CONGRATS! I play there, also. Not as much. I tend to stay in the smaller games. Just won a game the other day. I was playing in the $100 games, but got my butt kicked after a good start. Lots of players who stab and hit a longshot to win the game. It’s tough when a player score the only win of the game and it’s a huge payout. So, I went back to the smaller games with limited players. Good luck. Maybe, I’ll see in a game. My player name is Gerard 01.
Gerard02 is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-23-2019, 01:01 PM   #9
davew

Quote:
If you can routinely hit over 50% winners averaging over $8 (like your tournament win), you don't need to be a tournament player, unless you want the fame and glory.
davew is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-23-2019, 03:29 PM   #10
Speed Figure
DJ M.Walk

Quote:
Originally Posted by davew View Post
If you can routinely hit over 50% winners averaging over $8 (like your tournament win), you don't need to be a tournament player, unless you want the fame and glory.
50% wins is very hard when your trying to find value! you have to use the favorite when that's simply the best horse. I started off cold today, then won the last 3. To much ground to make up! The $111 tournament was already full! I'm in Los Angeles and need to wake my a$$ up earlier to get in that one! This score wins that one easily!

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen Shot 2019-11-23 at 11.59.43 AM.jpg (330.9 KB, 32 views)
Old 11-23-2019, 09:44 PM   #11
Afleet

Derby Wars has went downhill since stronach sued them. I advised them to just go offshore and tell the tracks f'off. They did it their way......
Afleet is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-26-2019, 07:39 PM   #12
Si2see

I typically only play there during keeneland meets and am ahead the last four meets, you don’t want to meet me in the $34 top 3 get $250 games when keeneland is running lol.

Any other time i don’t play there often unless it’s a major Saturday of racing with the tracks DW can actually use. If I decide to buy into one of those days I will buy in to one of the $230 Saturday games. Have done well , my problem is I am better playing from a few spots behind then on the lead so I have several 2nd 3rd 4th place finishes ( as with the HT games also ) but very few outright wins
Si2see is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-26-2019, 11:14 PM   #13
Zaf
Pace Cappa

I like the site. Mostly play small games. Played 554 contests and cashed 213 times 38.44%. Many of these are head to head so I am not that good But fun site

Z
Old 11-27-2019, 11:38 PM   #14
Afleet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Si2see View Post
I typically only play there during keeneland meets and am ahead the last four meets, you don’t want to meet me in the $34 top 3 get $250 games when keeneland is running lol.

Any other time i don’t play there often unless it’s a major Saturday of racing with the tracks DW can actually use. If I decide to buy into one of those days I will buy in to one of the $230 Saturday games. Have done well , my problem is I am better playing from a few spots behind then on the lead so I have several 2nd 3rd 4th place finishes ( as with the HT games also ) but very few outright wins
I play in a lot of those top 3 split games@$34 entry fee, split $750. My main tracks are not on the contest websites so I feel like I'm at a disadvantage. Feel like a football team that always plays on the road, never getting to play at home
Afleet is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-28-2019, 03:03 AM   #15
Si2see

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afleet View Post
I play in a lot of those top 3 split games@$34 entry fee, split $750. My main tracks are not on the contest websites so I feel like I'm at a disadvantage. Feel like a football team that always plays on the road, never getting to play at home
Yes it’s a nice “action “ bet at times for me to follow a decent New York card that I might be handicapping anyway, but normally I stick to the keeneland games and try to play as many as possible while focusing on live handicapping and making a few scores during the meet with live wagering. My problem like yours is there aren’t any off tracks on there anymore that I play , previously I would play the 10k game whenever there was a nice card especially during the fall/winter when also watching college football all day. Now it is rarely worth buying into those games.
Si2see is offline   Reply With Quote Reply