Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 11-19-2019, 07:40 PM   #31
Dave Schwartz

#4.
Dave Schwartz is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-19-2019, 07:49 PM   #32
Wabash

Birdstone in 2004 Belmont. Had win wager and also hit trifecta.
Wabash is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-19-2019, 08:00 PM   #33
Mulerider

Quote:
Originally Posted by delsully View Post
Without question, Page McKenney.
I'm with you on Page!

Also, I fondly remember a filly named Axiom who went off at 19.5/1 in her second career start on turf on Jan. 6, 2018 at Tampa Bay, Race 10. I'd watched the replay of her first race, in which she came in third, and was impressed with her poise, and, especially, with her late turn of foot. She didn't disappoint. Unfortunately, she only raced twice more after that before suffering a bowed tendon and was retired.
Mulerider is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-19-2019, 08:44 PM   #34
airford1

Danili Ridge, West Coast Native, Tempest Ways, and Catfish Taylor and a cheap Gelding Gallent Tan. Cashed big tickets on each one of them. The Joy of Owning a race horse or 2.
airford1 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-19-2019, 09:13 PM   #35
PhantomOnTour
C'est Tout

Without a doubt, it's a horse named Tutti Va Bene, who ran on the NY circuit about 10-12yrs ago.
Must have cashed on him about four times when his barn dropped him in class. He was pure money when in for a tag...if someone has his lifetime pp's I'd love to see them.

Runner up goes to Roanoke River Rain, who won a total of three races in his life...all of them during Preakness week at Pimlico in consecutive years. Put a bundle on him the last time.

Great thread!
Old 11-19-2019, 09:42 PM   #36
castaway01

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomOnTour View Post
Without a doubt, it's a horse named Tutti Va Bene, who ran on the NY circuit about 10-12yrs ago.
Must have cashed on him about four times when his barn dropped him in class. He was pure money when in for a tag...if someone has his lifetime pp's I'd love to see them.

Runner up goes to Roanoke River Rain, who won a total of three races in his life...all of them during Preakness week at Pimlico in consecutive years. Put a bundle on him the last time.

Great thread!
https://www.equibase.com/profiles/Re...istry=T&rbt=TB
castaway01 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-19-2019, 10:11 PM   #37
the little guy

First Queen in the 1st race on Travers Day 1978 ( yeah, the Affirmed and Alydar Travers ). My first $50 horse ( I may actually have been $48 ) but it clued me in to Frank Wright second time starters with blinkers on, which helped me make a few scores in the coming years. The double paid $200 with Tilt Up winning the 2nd race over Beat Inflation. That was a very big score for me back then.

Kefalonians in the 1st at Belmont on Derby Day in 1995 was another memorable score. My biggest single race win might have been Romano Gucci in his debut in November of 1995. Game Token was the biggest priced winner I have ever picked on top ( 2009 or 2010 on Wood Day at Aqueduct ) when he paid $128. Good score too:-)
the little guy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-19-2019, 10:31 PM   #38
SaratogaSteve

Both at Saratoga:

Cavanagh's Beau in 1989.... $55 win, keyed in doubles and exactas...

and this one...

http://www.equibase.com/premium/char...19&cy=USA&rn=2
SaratogaSteve is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-19-2019, 11:11 PM   #39
elhelmete

Rockingham around October 1989, War College.

Del Mar July 2007, Echezeaux.
elhelmete is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-19-2019, 11:19 PM   #40
castaway01

Quote:
Originally Posted by the little guy View Post
First Queen in the 1st race on Travers Day 1978 ( yeah, the Affirmed and Alydar Travers ). My first $50 horse ( I may actually have been $48 ) but it clued me in to Frank Wright second time starters with blinkers on, which helped me make a few scores in the coming years. The double paid $200 with Tilt Up winning the 2nd race over Beat Inflation. That was a very big score for me back then.

Kefalonians in the 1st at Belmont on Derby Day in 1995 was another memorable score. My biggest single race win might have been Romano Gucci in his debut in November of 1995. Game Token was the biggest priced winner I have ever picked on top ( 2009 or 2010 on Wood Day at Aqueduct ) when he paid $128. Good score too:-)
I know this isn't the question in this thread, but I remember you hitting a Pick 6 back in the DRF Forum days (ugh). Was/is that your biggest score in total money won?
castaway01 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-20-2019, 07:15 AM   #41
Si2see

This is fun to even try to think back. I am normally a multi race player ( larger doubles pick 3s and pick 4s ) so I can’t think of any single scores that really stand out but thinking on the fly I would say

1. American Pharoah = Singled him so many times, and actually had it the one time he didn’t win in the travers ( but only the pick 4 since I don’t play pick 6 and I think it would’ve been the whole Or half the pool if I played the p6 if memory serves me correct nobody had it ). don’t think I ever posted it here but he was actually one of my greatest handicapping feats , I hit the pick 5 on Preakness which I rarely play, the pick 4 which was light , but then for the only time I can ever remember I hit the stone cold straight pick 4 on an extra .50 that I had in the account

2. Invasor = I loved this horse and had him for over $500 scores at least three times off the top of my head

3. Afleet Alex = also loved this one spotted him early he was my triple crown horse from late the year before. Pegged him fairly heavy every time up to the derby , my heart was pounding if he wins derby it was close to 10k , I would have to watch it back but I think he made a move a little too early , as the distance shouldn’t have done him in especially with his Belmont romp. I was sad to see him retired so early

4. Animal kingdom = was also my derby horse hit it for a lighter score $5 ex I think wasn’t alive in p4 missed an earlier leg , then caught him back a couple times

5. Judy the beauty = just felt she was coming into the breeders cup so we’ll so keyed her on top of .50 tri .50 super hit them both ( thank you Mary Lou made these tickets hefty ) which started what ended up being my best single day at the races

Honorable mention = Kittens Joy. So many of his offspring I’ve made money with , but he was my first ever $100 win bet and had singled on all kinds of multi race in breeders cup. Longest inquiry I have ever seen no change but looking back it’s only money and I was happy for Graham as he is probably the classiest trainer alive and I think the better talk now win really helped move his career forward

This was fun thanks for the thread !
Si2see is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-20-2019, 08:19 AM   #42
ctownraces@bp

Cobbley's Breeze - broke maiden In her 6th start but first time turf paid $21.20 at colonial shipped her to Monmouth after the colonial meet was over in 2011 put her in a $50,000 allowance on the grass won paid 48.20 had her for $100 w/p. side note my cousin grew up few miles from Monmouth before moving to va. horse was well ment that day.

Cobbley's Jingle her 9th career race was her first on the grass won paid $22.80 in a 10,000 claimer NW2L Ran her back in a allowance at colonial was over her head. Next race shipped to the Mountain to run in a Starter allowance on the grass went off 39-1 paid 79.40 40.80 20.00 was another great day.

Most of the Cobbleys wanted turf bigtime there is several more of Tom cobbleys offspring that paid big numbers all on the grass.

My first cousin with help from his dad owned and breed the cobbleys man we had some great times his dad my uncle sadly past away few years back great times with hell of a man miss him everyday hes the reason I love this game.

Last edited by ctownraces@bp; 11-20-2019 at 08:21 AM.
ctownraces@bp is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-20-2019, 12:25 PM   #43
burnsy
self medicated

Hands down Da’Tara (pic 4) with Birdstone (Pic 3) getting an honorable mention.

Belmont day has been very, very good to me. Da’ Tara was an “ all “ special.

Last edited by burnsy; 11-20-2019 at 12:28 PM.
burnsy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-20-2019, 06:46 PM   #44
Tor Ekman

Catholic Cowboy trained by Zito running first time after being gelded in the Claiming Crown race at Gulfstream a few years ago, bet it to win and keyed it in the trifecta, Saez brought it home on top at 17-1, nice pay day
Tor Ekman is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-20-2019, 07:25 PM   #45
dilanesp

The weirdest answer to this question was Cigar. I chunked it in on him in the Hollywood Gold Cup and again in the BC Classic, because I thought 4 to 5 was an absolute gift on a horse that would have had to fall down to lose in those races.

But I think one of the biggest tickets I ever cashed was on Great Communicator in the 1988 Breeders' Cup Turf. It paid for my entire trip to Louisville, including the airport parking, airfare, hotel, car rental, limo to the track, sightseeing, tickets, etc., with money left over.
dilanesp is offline   Reply With Quote Reply