Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > **TRIPLE CROWN TRAIL**

View Poll Results: Does horse racing need a Triple Crown winner in 2012?
Yes - we are long overdue 50 71.43%
No - we can wait for a more worthy winner 20 28.57%
Voters: 70. This poll is closed

Old 06-03-2012, 12:17 AM   #16
Run Nicholas Run
Veteran

if IHA does win , it will have non racing fans venture to tracks,
go and see the low life scum around the tracks and be like " they dont show these scumbags on tv", and I refer to the ticket benders , the garbage pickers, the cursers and the regular riff raf around the tracks.
After a few hours they be "lets go" this is to scummy for a family of four.
Run Nicholas Run is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-03-2012, 01:00 PM   #17
OntheRail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Run Nicholas Run
go and see the low life scum around the tracks and be like " they dont show these scumbags on tv", and I refer to the ticket benders , the garbage pickers, the cursers and the regular riff raf around the tracks.
Well things have changed since 1978... you do not have to go to the track to enjoy racing day to day. You can click on the Race Channel of log on to TwinSpires or alike. Even so local tracks are not full of "scum" as you stated. Most times I see friendly groups of people enjoying the card and some families now and then.

I voted yes and hope he runs his best race ever.
OntheRail is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-03-2012, 06:35 PM   #18
Vengeance of Rain

Quote:
Originally Posted by OntheRail
Well things have changed since 1978... you do not have to go to the track to enjoy racing day to day. You can click on the Race Channel of log on to TwinSpires or alike. Even so local tracks are not full of "scum" as you stated. Most times I see friendly groups of people enjoying the card and some families now and then.

I voted yes and hope he runs his best race ever.
Nice post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Run Nicholas Run
Have you ever thought about applying for a job with the NY Times?
Vengeance of Rain is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-03-2012, 07:09 PM   #19
mannyberrios
easygoer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vengeance of Rain
Nice post.

Have you ever thought about applying for a job with the NY Times?
Or the NY Post?
mannyberrios is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-04-2012, 01:10 AM   #20
CincyHorseplayer

I think it would be huge.I have noticed a strange phenomenon at my little tiny River Downs home track.The younger generation is showing up,on any Saturday and making a day of it.With wives and girlfriends and family in tow.And the roar of the Preakness finish was deafening.Hell the roar on race 8 on a 6/5 shot last Saturday was deafening!They are really into it.And into the paddock and the animals and the post parade.And were talking about a really crappy card at a low level track.I bet all of 1 race on it after betting 5 apiece 3 days in a row.In short if this can happen in my corner of the universe,then you bet your ass a Triple Crown winner will definitely stoke the flames of that enthusiasm.It's neat to see.
CincyHorseplayer is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-04-2012, 11:23 AM   #21
Scrambler

Quote:
Originally Posted by CincyHorseplayer
I think it would be huge.I have noticed a strange phenomenon at my little tiny River Downs home track.The younger generation is showing up,on any Saturday and making a day of it.With wives and girlfriends and family in tow.And the roar of the Preakness finish was deafening.Hell the roar on race 8 on a 6/5 shot last Saturday was deafening!They are really into it.And into the paddock and the animals and the post parade.And were talking about a really crappy card at a low level track.I bet all of 1 race on it after betting 5 apiece 3 days in a row.In short if this can happen in my corner of the universe,then you bet your ass a Triple Crown winner will definitely stoke the flames of that enthusiasm.It's neat to see.

I Agree, Same Thing Is Happening @ My Home Track, & The OTB Outlets, Good To See The New Interests...

Go IHA..............

I Work With Horses With People Problems.....
Scrambler is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-04-2012, 02:36 PM   #22
Sysonby

My home track has special days for families with pony rides for kids, games, etc. It's pretty neat
Sysonby is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-04-2012, 05:04 PM   #23
Smarty Cide
Veteran

im rooting against IHA. When it happens I want a superstar to do it. Smarty Jones & Big Brown were rock stars. Ill have another is not. Plain and simple.
Smarty Cide is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-04-2012, 06:48 PM   #24
Maximillion

Quote:
Originally Posted by CincyHorseplayer
.The younger generation is showing up,on any Saturday and making a day of it.With wives and girlfriends and family in tow.
Both?
Maximillion is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-04-2012, 10:13 PM   #25
iceknight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximillion
Both?
"Going to the track" is what they are calling it nowadays
iceknight is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-04-2012, 10:33 PM   #26
CincyHorseplayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrambler
I Agree, Same Thing Is Happening @ My Home Track, & The OTB Outlets, Good To See The New Interests...

Go IHA..............
That's great to hear.It's definitely putting new energy into my blood.I'm just trying to figure out how to be relevant!!It's cool.For whatever reason these younglings just get it and that is huge with a capital H.I can't wait for the Belmont this weekend.I'm in visible psychopath mode like everybody else!!!
Old 06-04-2012, 10:36 PM   #27
CincyHorseplayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximillion
Both?
Yeah I've had fist up like "lets go boy" over them sideline girlfriends!!Them husbands get jealous over the girlfriends ya feast on!!!
Old 06-04-2012, 10:56 PM   #28
nijinski

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smarty Cide
im rooting against IHA. When it happens I want a superstar to do it. Smarty Jones & Big Brown were rock stars. Ill have another is not. Plain and simple.
He's a hit at most local Bars.

Actually not the horses fault. It was the press timing . But he is still very adored .

Last edited by nijinski; 06-04-2012 at 11:00 PM.
nijinski is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-05-2012, 07:29 PM   #29
Grits

Quote:
Its unfortunate that you feel this way. I think people are as excited for this colt and his upcoming race as they were Big Brown and Smarty. Plain and simple.
Grits is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-06-2012, 01:11 AM   #30
raybo
EXCEL with SUPERFECTAS

Quote:
You, of course, can do what you want. The "plain and simple" of it is that your opinion of who are "rock stars" and who are not, is just your opinion.

Consider the fact that IHA overtook a horse who had set the 4th fastest fractions in Derby history, and then went on to beat the same horse in the Preakness by a neck. That ain't no small matter.

In my opinion, IHA is deserving, and I'll be rooting for him, but I'm still trying to find a horse that I can bet, against him.

Excel Spreadsheet Handicapping Forum

Charter Member: Horseplayers Association of North America
raybo is offline   Reply With Quote Reply