Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - Sports

Old 08-08-2014, 10:27 AM   #16
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomOnTour
Now now - no room for politics in the sports threads.

Read your TOS and stop whining like a POS
TOS only specifically state no politics in the HORSE threads...
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-08-2014, 10:29 AM   #17
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by jballscalls
I read it's a TOS violation to talk politics in the sports thread, but I"d be really curious to hear how they are pushing a left wing agenda. if you'd be willing start a thread over in OT or PM me, be fascinated to hear
Again, wrong. Here is the clause in its entirety:

Politically charged avatars and postings are strictly forbidden in any of the HORSE RACING topics. The OFF-TOPIC forums have been specifically designed for just this sort of subject. The administrator reserves the right to remove any avatar deemed unacceptable.
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-08-2014, 10:36 AM   #18
jballscalls

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage
Again, wrong. Here is the clause in its entirety:

Politically charged avatars and postings are strictly forbidden in any of the HORSE RACING topics. The OFF-TOPIC forums have been specifically designed for just this sort of subject. The administrator reserves the right to remove any avatar deemed unacceptable.
I was simply reciting what I had read from the poster. Never actually read the TOS. But thank you for pointing out my mistake and clarifying.

So good news then, we can hear why ESPN is pushing a left wing agenda right here in this thread!!
Old 08-08-2014, 12:00 PM   #19
Fwizard

J---

I don't think there is an agenda at ABC/ESPN but they have really gone overboard on "political correctness"...hear me out on this ...This goes back to when they hired Rush Limbaugh for football years back...Did they not know what they were getting when they made that hire??? It seems that they will overreact now if any of their personalities do anything that might ruffle feathers..Personally if ALL their people had the same opinion I would be bored and turn it off.I am not condoning anything that Stephen A Smith said about Ray Rice (I would not hit a woman even if they hit me)..but do they not pay these people for opinions....Yesterday , they suspend a guy for buying billboards to harass Lebron James ...it does seem that if you do not tow the company line then you are out on your butt....

Just my opinion...
Fwizard is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-08-2014, 12:13 PM   #20
cj's dad

Dan Le Batard also suspended by ESPN

http://sports.yahoo.com//news/espn-s...004600405.html
Old 08-08-2014, 02:14 PM   #21
johnhannibalsmith

If they'd hand out a few dozen more hokey suspensions and start airing some sports, the channel might one day be watchable again.

-Robert James Smith, 1989
johnhannibalsmith is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-08-2014, 03:54 PM   #22
cj's dad

Le Batard , with his own money, paid for a billboard which mocked the great one's (LBJ) return to Cleveland. Hard to believe that LeBron can sit down with all those lips from ESPN planted firmly on his ass.
Old 08-08-2014, 05:49 PM   #23
jballscalls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fwizard
J---

I don't think there is an agenda at ABC/ESPN but they have really gone overboard on "political correctness"...hear me out on this ...This goes back to when they hired Rush Limbaugh for football years back...Did they not know what they were getting when they made that hire??? It seems that they will overreact now if any of their personalities do anything that might ruffle feathers..Personally if ALL their people had the same opinion I would be bored and turn it off.I am not condoning anything that Stephen A Smith said about Ray Rice (I would not hit a woman even if they hit me)..but do they not pay these people for opinions....Yesterday , they suspend a guy for buying billboards to harass Lebron James ...it does seem that if you do not tow the company line then you are out on your butt....

Just my opinion...
But none of those things you named are left or right wing things. No right wingers that I know condone hitting a woman or suggesting a woman deserves to be hit. The fact that they hired Rush LImbaugh period seems pretty non left-wing.
Old 08-08-2014, 09:44 PM   #24
JustRalph
Just another Facist

http://thebiglead.com/2014/08/07/sir...mad-dog-radio/

I have no idea what this means? Paying ESPN?
Old 08-08-2014, 11:01 PM   #25
burnsy
self medicated

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage
TOS only specifically state no politics in the HORSE threads...
Hell, it would be great if you did away with that entire political garbage section. Listen to some of these fools. Everything is political, left, right....then it leaks over to every other subject because the pea brains are obsessed with it.......who in their right mind gives a sh!t ??? People can't even think for themselves anymore then they sit there and wonder why the country is going to crap. What does any of their crap have to do with sports?????? or horse racing for that matter?

Better look out for those lefties.....uh, oh the righties are coming and so is the wicked witch of the north.....these political whack jobs are a big part of the problem......they tune into whatever crap they want to hear and then recite it. Its real challenging stuff too. What happened is there a war on women again? Or is someone stealing Santa Claus in the war on Christmas?......Riveting stuff. Am I the only one that laughs at this garbage? Oh, the poor children can't pray at school.....guess what they can't read, write or do math either.....pathetic.....but don't worry the next generation will be even dumber and they'll eat up the crap on MSNBC and FOX News. Its all true and factual journalism you know............ No crying in baseball....

Last edited by burnsy; 08-08-2014 at 11:03 PM.
burnsy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-08-2014, 11:10 PM   #26
PhantomOnTour
C'est Tout

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnsy
Hell, it would be great if you did away with that entire political garbage section. Listen to some of these fools. Everything is political, left, right....then it leaks over to every other subject because the pea brains are obsessed with it.......who in their right mind gives a sh!t ??? People can't even think for themselves anymore then they sit there and wonder why the country is going to crap. What does any of their crap have to do with sports?????? or horse racing for that matter?

Better look out for those lefties.....uh, oh the righties are coming and so is the wicked witch of the north.....these political whack jobs are a big part of the problem......they tune into whatever crap they want to hear and then recite it. Its real challenging stuff too. What happened is there a war on women again? Or is someone stealing Santa Claus in the war on Christmas?......Riveting stuff. Am I the only one that laughs at this garbage? Oh, the poor children can't pray at school.....guess what they can't read, write or do math either.....pathetic.....but don't worry the next generation will be even dumber and they'll eat up the crap on MSNBC and FOX News. Its all true and factual journalism you know............ No crying in baseball....
I am giving you a standing ovation.
Right on the mark
Old 08-09-2014, 08:20 AM   #27
JustRalph
Just another Facist

I second the motion, get rid of off topic
Old 08-09-2014, 10:57 AM   #28
jballscalls

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph
I second the motion, get rid of off topic
I'll gladly third!

motion to vote?
Old 08-09-2014, 11:48 AM   #29
johnhannibalsmith

You think there will be less off-topic posts outside of off-topic without off-topic?

Why are people so afraid to see something that they don't like/offends them/ annoys them/ etc.?

-Robert James Smith, 1989
johnhannibalsmith is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-09-2014, 11:52 AM   #30
GaryG
Unreconstructed

I think Ralph was being facetious. Off topic is fine, you just need to wear your big boy pants and cast iron underwear. And I don't think the moderators need any help from citizens on patrol.