Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 01-13-2018, 08:24 PM   #181
fast4522

This is just the truth, killing it would create just as many jobs as it eliminated maybe much more.
fast4522 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-14-2018, 01:59 PM   #182
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast4522 View Post
This is just the truth, killing it would create just as many jobs as it eliminated maybe much more.
Once ObamaCare is dead, they can fire all those new hire IRS agents. The money saved can help pay down the debt.
Old 01-14-2018, 07:52 PM   #183
fast4522

In October & November 2017 Dan Pena created a list of 200 things President Trump would do, so far his list is holding better than speed at Aqueduct.
According to Pena, this is the largest transformation of wealth in our lifetime.
He quantified it by several factors and really caught my attention when he said during the short time of the Trump Presidency over 5 TRILLION dollars have been added to the stock market. I am doing well with that, but admit that I don't know much and don't trade and play it. There has to be boatloads of folks like myself who are holding by luck for too long the right stocks. The question is when ACA hits the rocks what will these stocks do?

Last edited by fast4522; 01-14-2018 at 07:53 PM.
Old 01-16-2018, 10:16 AM   #184
upthecreek

upthecreek is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-16-2018, 10:17 AM   #185
upthecreek

Old 01-16-2018, 12:00 PM   #186
boxcar

Can some liberal out there explain to me how something isn't better than nothing? How supposed "crumbs" aren't better than nothing?

Auntie Nancy whines and complains about how the poor and middle class are getting screwed by receiving only crumbs from the tax cuts, but what has she or any Democrat proposed that would concretely reward more than "crumbs" to the poor and middle class? Since I can't think of a thing, then to her warped way of thinking, she and all her comrade-in-arms must believe in their heart of hearts that nothing is better than something.

The Syrophoenician woman Jesus met had more sense in one hair follicle than all the Dems in D.C. put together. Liberals, read and try really hard to understand the wisdom of this woman and how Jesus himself commended her:

Matt 15:22-28
22 And behold, a Canaanite woman came out from that region, and began to cry out, saying, "Have mercy on me, O Lord, Son of David; my daughter is cruelly demon-possessed." 23 But He did not answer her a word. And His disciples came to Him and kept asking Him, saying, "Send her away, for she is shouting out after us." 24 But He answered and said, "I was sent only to the lost sheep of the house of Israel." 25 But she came and began to bow down before Him, saying, "Lord, help me!" 26 And He answered and said, "It is not good to take the children's bread and throw it to the dogs." 27 But she said, "Yes, Lord; but even the dogs feed on the crumbs which fall from their masters' table." 28 Then Jesus answered and said to her, "O woman, your faith is great; be it done for you as you wish." And her daughter was healed at once.
NASB

These "crumbs" that the middle class are receiving could also be likened to someone with initiative, ambition and drive being given but one talent only to eventually turn it into many talents. There is great wisdom here, as well (Mat 25:14-30)

I knew I liked the Law of Excluded Middle for good reason...
Old 01-16-2018, 06:40 PM   #187
fast4522

Quote:
Originally Posted by elysiantraveller View Post
They did that.

That's why they had a mandate to force younger healthier people to buy insurance to offset the cost.

Problem now is insurers can't prevent coverage due to preexisting conditions. That's why removing the mandate that forced people to buy it was a bad move. At some point these carriers will fail and the taxpayer will have to bail them out. They were failing already.

Hence while everyone was super happy about Trump gutting the ACA I thought it a bad idea.
It was the best that could be done to that bad product, down the road a new product that is competition across state lines and preexisting conditions can be an edict required to sell insurance. But European one size fits all and requiring everybody is a non starter. It will be costly but insurance was so before Obamacare.
Old 01-16-2018, 07:04 PM   #188
stuball

LIBERALS

It is funny how when they are spouting their talking points everyone says the exact same words blah blah blah and not a word about policy that they would do. press conference today was a comedy of Well what about his mental health ---what about his health---what about his mental health...The doctor was very patient...gave them enuff rope to hang themselves...A comedy I say...
stuball is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-17-2018, 02:03 AM   #189
JustRalph
Just another Facist

The hits just keep on coming!!

http://www.grbj.com/articles/89788-e...ter-tax-reform
Old 01-17-2018, 08:49 AM   #190
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph View Post
Any self-respecting engineer should be insulted at such an offer of crumbs and look that gift horse in the mouth and tell them to stuff those crumbs in their next Thanksgiving turkey.
Old 01-17-2018, 09:50 AM   #191
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Prosperity means less dependence on the dems.
THAT is their ONLY message.

Trump was elected because people listened to his platform.
And of course, they were afraid Hillary would fall off of hers~!
Old 01-17-2018, 12:55 PM   #192
upthecreek

Drink Up

https://www.forbes.com/sites/thomasp...cers-big-time/
Old 01-17-2018, 01:59 PM   #193
upthecreek

Just keeps getting better

Old 01-17-2018, 02:11 PM   #194
boxcar

I can't handle all this Great News!

Apple plans to create 20,000 jobs in the U.S.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/apple-p...obs-in-the-us/
Old 01-17-2018, 05:56 PM   #195
chadk66

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
Apple plans to create 20,000 jobs in the U.S.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/apple-p...obs-in-the-us/
it's all smoke and mirrors. just as the libnuts.
chadk66 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply