Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Contests + Other Interesting Racing Topics > Harness Racing

Old 03-04-2021, 09:08 AM   #1
Teach

Meadowlands: Friday, March 5

20-cent Pick-5

Race One:

1 BEBOP ON THE BLOCK. This 4-year old romped last week in the “Big M” Friday-night finale. It was the perfect trip! You couldn’t have drawn it up any better… This Gamblers Dream-bred, once again, draws very well. One caveat folks, you ain’t gonna get 2-1. No way in Hades! In fact, you’ll be lucky to get 3/5. As my cousin from Carnarsie would ask: “Is it wuerth it?” One thing’s for sure, the betting public will be all over this horse. Yet, this time around, he may have to work for it. The rail can be “a blessing,” but it also can be “a curse,” especially on a mile oval. “The Orange Crush,” Andy Miller, must avoid getting trapped “down inside.” If someone were to emerge from the outside flow… Yet if all goes according to Hoyle, this Badlands Hanover-bred should win. If he doesn’t, it will be a “yuge” surprise. Frankly, I’m tempted to “single “Bebop” in my 20-cent Pick-5. That approach, my friends, is a personal choice. But, who else? As they say “Down East,” “Slim pickens, ayuh!” Allie Reynolds trains. Others: 5 Big Sweep Osborne; 7 He’s Gratis N; 2 Thunder Dome.

Race Two:

2 SHEZAFREAKLIKE ME. This Sweet Lou-bred filly is rounding into form. She’s headed “in the right direction.” This Blissful Hall-bred again draws very well. I would not be surprised to see her near the front of the field. She’s building up her stamina. “Monsieur Quebecois,” Simon Allard, is this 3 YO’s chauffeur. Stacy “Tough as Nails” Chiodo trains. Others: 3 All Cool Hanover; 6 Classica; 5 Uptown Callie.

Race Three:

1 S MCKEE ran a solid race in this company last week. This Art Major-bred led early but then faded to 3rd. I believe this Rock N Roll Heaven-bred is coming up to a big effort. Scott Zeron, the Oakville, Ontario native, reprises the drive for trainer Adrienne Hall. Others: 2 Sir Jake’s Z Tam; 5 Two Fiftyeight N; 7 Brass Monkey.

Race Four:

4 AP HALL OF TRIX was flying in the stretch in his last (he finished 3rd). Any improvement off that last effort and this 4-year old Trixton-bred graces the Meadowlands winner’s circle. Andy Miller is again in the sulky for trainer Dave Hoover. Others: 1 She Must Be Magic; 8 Cocktails and Dreams; 5 Manhattanup No Ice

Race Five:

5 PREPPY ART gets my nod in this GSY amateur pace. Yet I must aver that I can make a case for four or five horses. I would counsel that you consider “buying insurance” if you’re playing the Pick 5. Yet this 9-year old Art Colony-bred has been sharp in his last two. Any slight improvement… John Calabrese returns to the sulky for trainer Vince Stallworth. Others: 10 WatchMeNeighNeigh; 7 Motor City Marco; 3 RockinWiththeBest.

"Walt, make a 'mental bet' and lose your mind." R.N.S.

"The important thing is what I think of myself."
"David and Lisa" (1962)

Teach is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-04-2021, 10:41 AM   #2
Teach

Race Six:

6 McMatters
7 Chiplosive
2 Double Account
3 All American N

Race Seven:

5 Statesman N
6 Sporty Spook A
3 Sossy’s King Kong
8 K-Lees Shakenbake

Race Eight:

8 Cash Roll
4 Quite a Sight
2 Saint Albray
6 Petal To The Metal

Race Nine:

5 Its Mesmerise N
4 Ideation Hanover
6 GottaLoveMyShadow
1 Western Showgirl

Race Ten:

3 So So De Vie
8 McNulty Z Tam
4 Acting Out
1 Brigadoon

Race Eleven:

9 LetMe Fly Low
6 Age Is A Number
5 Queen Josephine
4 Sandy Win

Race Twelve:

2 Wingding Hanover
3 Machnhope
7 She’s Nun Bettor N
6 Golden Quest N

Race Thirteen:

6 Stenhouse Hanover
10 Marley’s Guy
4 Halo Its Me
1 Meadowbranch Ricky
7 TT’s D-Jay

"Walt, make a 'mental bet' and lose your mind." R.N.S.

"The important thing is what I think of myself."
"David and Lisa" (1962)

Teach is offline   Reply With Quote Reply