Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 12-14-2012, 12:42 PM   #1
Tom
The Voice of Reason!
 
Tom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Canandaigua, New york
Posts: 102,811
27 Dead in Conn School shooting

Dreadful breaking news.
Maybe 14 students among the dead.


http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162-...hool-shooting/
__________________
Who does the Racing Form Detective like in this one?
Tom is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-14-2012, 12:46 PM   #2
cj's dad
Registered User
 
cj's dad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: On The Bay
Posts: 9,857
I believe I heard on the news it was a k through 4th grade school.

This is beyond awful.
__________________
I wouldn't say I drink too much but my mother did tell me that my first words were" when does happy hour start"?
cj's dad is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-14-2012, 01:02 PM   #3
dartman51
Registered User
 
dartman51's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 10,522
I just heard 19 students and 8 adults, dead. What kind of sick individual targets women and children. This is just sickening.
dartman51 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-14-2012, 01:09 PM   #4
Striker
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,931
Quote:
Originally Posted by cj's dad
I believe I heard on the news it was a k through 4th grade school.

This is beyond awful.
Yeah at an elementary school. Authorities are saying the suspect is dead. He had 2 weapons, a glock and a sig sauer.
Striker is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-14-2012, 01:15 PM   #5
RaceBookJoe
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 2,394
Horrible news. I was just saying the other day after the OR shooting, that this is just going to keep getting worse. I have my reasons why i think that, and it has nothing to do with guns or access to guns. Prayers to the community during this tragic time.
__________________
Those with the best knowledge have the best luck !!!
RaceBookJoe is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-14-2012, 01:32 PM   #6
DJofSD
Screw PC
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 15,728
Just now learning about his tragedy. 27 reported dead.
__________________
Truth sounds like hate to those who hate truth.
DJofSD is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-14-2012, 02:04 PM   #7
LavaFAN
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Nevada for now
Posts: 33
people are so sick in this world
LavaFAN is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-14-2012, 02:05 PM   #8
wisconsin
Registered User
 
wisconsin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Mukwonago, WI
Posts: 2,715
and cowardly
__________________
"I don't always frequent message boards, but when I do, I prefer PaceAdvantage."
wisconsin is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-14-2012, 02:07 PM   #9
DJofSD
Screw PC
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 15,728
I just spent about 30 minutes sampling information about the shooting. I looked at web sites, listened to 1 local radio station and viewed 2 national network's news reporting.

What passes for reporting and journalism just sucks. Inuendo, extrapolation, idle speculation and very little clear delineation of what is known and what is not known. There are even instances of being told what the authorities are doing when the authorities have not said what exactly they are doing. One reporter even stated that search warrents were being obtained so they could go to the school.

They're trying hard but sometimes it is best to say less or nothing at all.
__________________
Truth sounds like hate to those who hate truth.
DJofSD is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-14-2012, 02:12 PM   #10
thaskalos
Rebel without applause
 
thaskalos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 24,996
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJofSD
I just spent about 30 minutes sampling information about the shooting. I looked at web sites, listened to 1 local radio station and viewed 2 national network's news reporting.

What passes for reporting and journalism just sucks. Inuendo, extrapolation, idle speculation and very little clear delineation of what is known and what is not known. There are even instances of being told what the authorities are doing when the authorities have not said what exactly they are doing. One reporter even stated that search warrents were being obtained so they could go to the school.

They're trying hard but sometimes it is best to say less or nothing at all.
They are not "trying hard"...IMO.

They are trying to beat others to the story...and they release things before they become fully varified.

It may be a harmless practice in minor cases...but not when it involves something like this...
__________________
"Μηδενα προ του τελους μακαριζε." -- Σολων
thaskalos is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-14-2012, 02:21 PM   #11
Valuist
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: NE Ohio
Posts: 16,428
The insanity continues. 22 kids slashed in China:

http://www.courant.com/sns-rt-us-chi...,5592318.story
Valuist is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-14-2012, 02:24 PM   #12
Greybase
Registered User
 
Greybase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaceBookJoe
Horrible news. I was just saying the other day after the OR shooting, that this is just going to keep getting worse..
I'm in Portland... right near the Clackamas Mall where a 22-year old murdered two people this week. He ran into the mall carrying an AR-15, wearing a hockey mask. He began shooting at random near the Food Court while Christmas music played in the background....

His AR-15 jammed... Cops were there in a flash so he took off running. Committed suicide in a stair well. We were VERY lucky the death toll wasn't much much higher.
__________________
*
The Dogs = Man's Best Bet!
Greybase is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-14-2012, 02:24 PM   #13
cj's dad
Registered User
 
cj's dad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: On The Bay
Posts: 9,857
Quote:
Originally Posted by Striker
Yeah at an elementary school. Authorities are saying the suspect is dead. He had 2 weapons, a glock and a sig sauer.
Supposedly. one other is in custody, 20 years old.

I have this sick feeling that these violent video games influence these whack jobs.
__________________
I wouldn't say I drink too much but my mother did tell me that my first words were" when does happy hour start"?

Last edited by cj's dad; 12-14-2012 at 02:27 PM.
cj's dad is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-14-2012, 02:28 PM   #14
Striker
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,931
Quote:
Originally Posted by cj's dad
Supposedly. one other is in custody, 20 years old.
Yep and now it is up to 4 weapons recovered. This is horrifying.
Striker is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-14-2012, 02:35 PM   #15
DJofSD
Screw PC
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 15,728
Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos
They are not "trying hard"...IMO.

They are trying to beat others to the story...and they release things before they become fully varified.

It may be a harmless practice in minor cases...but not when it involves something like this...
Yes, that race to be first is always a part of it.

NBC just corrected one item: the shooter's mother was a worker at the school and apparently was one of the many shot and killed. Before, they had reported she was found dead in her home in New Jersey.

I have yet to hear of any FBI involvement.
__________________
Truth sounds like hate to those who hate truth.
DJofSD is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Reply




Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
How do you prefer your Coffee !?
Cream and Sugar - 28.57%
30 Votes
Cream only - 20.00%
21 Votes
Black - 41.90%
44 Votes
Decaf - 9.52%
10 Votes
Espresso - 12.38%
13 Votes
Starbucks etc... - 9.52%
10 Votes
Other - 23.81%
25 Votes
Total Votes: 105
This poll is closed.
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:08 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 1999 - 2020 -- PaceAdvantage.Com -- All Rights Reserved -- Best Viewed in a modern browser @ 1280x720 Resolution Or Higher
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program
designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.