Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Handicapping Software


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 08-09-2020, 02:10 AM   #1
crestridge
Paladin & Fudge
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: CALIFORNIA
Posts: 215
JCap

I just want to say something good about JCapper, software program. Besides being the best program (of course, that's my opinion, I've tried one of the other major programs before), it's worth purchasing just for the "scratch bot", portion, which parses the races and scratches horses while you play, before you play, etc. So helpful in deciding which races to evaluate, if you're like me, picky about the size of entrants in the race. It saves me so much time. There are races with 14 entrants, but by the time scratches occur, maybe down a lot less in the field size, and becomes a race I wish to ignore. If I don't know what the scratches are or think this is a full field, and "work up" the race (spending some time doing so) and find out half the field has been "gutted", it becomes a waste of time. However, with the "scratch bot", for the most part, I can avoid this issue. If this is a problem for you, JCapper "scratch bot" can be very helpful. I have no financial reason to praise this program, just a "little" guy using this device with joy!!!
crestridge is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-09-2020, 02:23 AM   #2
chrisl
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Ketchikan,AK
Posts: 1,366
Automatic scratches! you have got to be kidding. Thank goodness I was sitting down when I read your post.
chrisl is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-09-2020, 03:04 AM   #3
crestridge
Paladin & Fudge
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: CALIFORNIA
Posts: 215
What's your "pistol"?
crestridge is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-09-2020, 10:27 PM   #4
mikesal57
Veteran
 
mikesal57's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: NEW YORK CITY
Posts: 3,670
Quote:
Originally Posted by crestridge View Post
I just want to say something good about JCapper, software program. Besides being the best program (of course, that's my opinion, I've tried one of the other major programs before), it's worth purchasing just for the "scratch bot", portion, which parses the races and scratches horses while you play, before you play, etc. So helpful in deciding which races to evaluate, if you're like me, picky about the size of entrants in the race. It saves me so much time. There are races with 14 entrants, but by the time scratches occur, maybe down a lot less in the field size, and becomes a race I wish to ignore. If I don't know what the scratches are or think this is a full field, and "work up" the race (spending some time doing so) and find out half the field has been "gutted", it becomes a waste of time. However, with the "scratch bot", for the most part, I can avoid this issue. If this is a problem for you, JCapper "scratch bot" can be very helpful. I have no financial reason to praise this program, just a "little" guy using this device with joy!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisl View Post
Automatic scratches! you have got to be kidding. Thank goodness I was sitting down when I read your post.
I'm sorry crest...but I have to agree with chris.....
to pay that much money and praise the "scratch" part of the program is ridiculous..

I was totally looking for something with substance about the program...
All the major programs out there has a "scratch bot" or something like that...
If you said that the database was good....I would definitely agree...

State something a little better next time...

Mike
mikesal57 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-09-2020, 10:40 PM   #5
crestridge
Paladin & Fudge
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: CALIFORNIA
Posts: 215
My bad!! I suppose there are are different levels of "bots", but sorry I offended...
crestridge is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-09-2020, 10:42 PM   #6
mikesal57
Veteran
 
mikesal57's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: NEW YORK CITY
Posts: 3,670
Quote:
Originally Posted by crestridge View Post
My bad!! I suppose there are are different levels of "bots", but sorry I offended...
You didnt offend.....it was just funny...

What other program(s) did you try?
mikesal57 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-09-2020, 11:05 PM   #7
crestridge
Paladin & Fudge
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: CALIFORNIA
Posts: 215
Many down thru the years, but the biggest and most well known here was HSH. Many years ago, when the "ants" prevailed. It really is (HSH) a wonderful program, but it just didn't "fit". Probably, if I tried now, I'd be ok. So many I've tried, but for me, JCap works. Probably shouldn't say more!
crestridge is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-09-2020, 11:21 PM   #8
mikesal57
Veteran
 
mikesal57's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: NEW YORK CITY
Posts: 3,670
Quote:
Originally Posted by crestridge View Post
Many down thru the years, but the biggest and most well known here was HSH. Many years ago, when the "ants" prevailed. It really is (HSH) a wonderful program, but it just didn't "fit". Probably, if I tried now, I'd be ok. So many I've tried, but for me, JCap works. Probably shouldn't say more!
I could because I had both......
Neither have changed over the years....

JCP is better than HSH....(in my opinion)


Both programs has out-dated stuff still on it....

HSH has way more broken links to it causing excessive learning on how to operate it.

Both developers promise advancements that hasn't happen...

Both forums are quiet and help is only from developers...

Factor wise....JCP wins out because of proprietary components
(proven by 3rd party analysis programs)

Database - JCP wins out because of use of jockey,trainer,sire,dam,damsire, as well as factor search-abilities...HSH can only do factors..

I'll leave it at that...

Mike

PS- As for the Ants ...I liked it but was passed on and not perused because it was "old technology"....like most of the stuff on it

Last edited by mikesal57; 08-09-2020 at 11:29 PM.
mikesal57 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-09-2020, 11:42 PM   #9
crestridge
Paladin & Fudge
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: CALIFORNIA
Posts: 215
I wish someone would offer something for Hong Kong, but that's another story.
Thanks Mike for your analysis...
crestridge is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-09-2020, 11:44 PM   #10
mikesal57
Veteran
 
mikesal57's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: NEW YORK CITY
Posts: 3,670


Quote:
Originally Posted by crestridge View Post
I wish someone would offer something for Hong Kong, but that's another story.
Thanks Mike for your analysis...
mikesal57 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-10-2020, 12:20 AM   #11
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward
 
PaceAdvantage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Del Boca Vista
Posts: 66,719
mike rates programs based on how much the developer kisses his ass...

j/k mike...or am I?
__________________
@paceadvantage | Support the site and become a today!
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-10-2020, 12:31 AM   #12
mikesal57
Veteran
 
mikesal57's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: NEW YORK CITY
Posts: 3,670
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
mike rates programs based on how much the developer kisses his ass...

j/k mike...or am I?

I dont kiss any or expect to be kissed by anyone...

I use my experience to the best of my ability
I dont give up till I have thorough knowledge on what I'm doing..
I'm not one of these guys that pay and ask for a refund in a month..

Yes, I know and heard about your awesome success...
And I can tell you that you were babied and prepped better than
most other people joining because of who you are....

Please treat me like others that provide their opinions and that you dont attack!!!

Last edited by mikesal57; 08-10-2020 at 12:34 AM.
mikesal57 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-10-2020, 12:33 AM   #13
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward
 
PaceAdvantage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Del Boca Vista
Posts: 66,719
Oh...that's it...lol

You do realize there is an entire facebook community out there of HSH users...I hear it's pretty active...although I don't utilize it much, since I've been hand prepped and given the best dope...right mikey?

It's like having Baffert as my trainer...
__________________
@paceadvantage | Support the site and become a today!
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-10-2020, 12:44 AM   #14
mikesal57
Veteran
 
mikesal57's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: NEW YORK CITY
Posts: 3,670
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
Oh...that's it...lol

You do realize there is an entire facebook community out there of HSH users...I hear it's pretty active...although I don't utilize it much, since I've been hand prepped and given the best dope...right mikey?

It's like having Baffert as my trainer...
You fail to realize that I was on that community for a year and a half...

The users you talk about are newbies asking questions.....thats it!!

I took on the job of answering a lot of them along with Dave because the experienced users were all counting all their money and didnt give the time or effort to help anyone.......
or maybe enjoying their Tahiti Vacations....

You cant get past me with that one...
mikesal57 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-10-2020, 01:49 AM   #15
chrisl
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Ketchikan,AK
Posts: 1,366
Crestridge: Pace view Platinum is a incredible software program. NorCal Greg is a member here and is always giving tips on his programs. Top shelf programs with incredible service. You can't go wrong with this. It works into my schedule. I am very busy and do not have much time to knuckle down and handicap. I have done well with his programs. This is my opinion. If I am out of line with my post, please delete it. PS you will have to manually scratch. LOL
chrisl is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Reply




Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
How do you prefer your Coffee !?
Cream and Sugar - 28.57%
30 Votes
Cream only - 20.00%
21 Votes
Black - 41.90%
44 Votes
Decaf - 9.52%
10 Votes
Espresso - 12.38%
13 Votes
Starbucks etc... - 9.52%
10 Votes
Other - 23.81%
25 Votes
Total Votes: 105
This poll is closed.
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:12 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 1999 - 2020 -- PaceAdvantage.Com -- All Rights Reserved -- Best Viewed in a modern browser @ 1280x720 Resolution Or Higher
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program
designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.