Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 08-13-2018, 09:56 AM   #1
hcap
Registered User
 
hcap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location:
Posts: 29,477
Guess who called Nepal “nipple,”

Trump’s diplomatic learning curve: Time zones, ‘Nambia’ and ‘Nipple’

The president has often perplexed foreign officials and his own aides as he learns how to deal with the world beyond America's borders.

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/...00&nlid=630318

Several times in the first year of his administration, President Donald Trump wanted to call Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe in the middle of the afternoon. But there was a problem. Midafternoon in Washington is the middle of the night in Tokyo — when Abe would be fast asleep.

Trump’s aides had to explain the issue, which one diplomatic source said came up on “a constant basis,” but it wasn’t easy.

“He wasn’t great with recognizing that the leader of a country might be 80 or 85 years old and isn’t going to be awake or in the right place at 10:30 or 11 p.m. their time,” said a former Trump NSC official. “When he wants to call someone, he wants to call someone. He’s more impulsive that way. He doesn’t think about what time it is or who it is,” added a person close to Trump.
.....................................
Did someone say
Stable genius?
hcap is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-13-2018, 10:35 AM   #2
boxcar
Registered User
 
boxcar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 39,775
Quote:
Originally Posted by hcap View Post
Trump’s diplomatic learning curve: Time zones, ‘Nambia’ and ‘Nipple’

The president has often perplexed foreign officials and his own aides as he learns how to deal with the world beyond America's borders.

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/...00&nlid=630318

Several times in the first year of his administration, President Donald Trump wanted to call Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe in the middle of the afternoon. But there was a problem. Midafternoon in Washington is the middle of the night in Tokyo — when Abe would be fast asleep.

Trump’s aides had to explain the issue, which one diplomatic source said came up on “a constant basis,” but it wasn’t easy.

“He wasn’t great with recognizing that the leader of a country might be 80 or 85 years old and isn’t going to be awake or in the right place at 10:30 or 11 p.m. their time,” said a former Trump NSC official. “When he wants to call someone, he wants to call someone. He’s more impulsive that way. He doesn’t think about what time it is or who it is,” added a person close to Trump.
.....................................
Did someone say
Stable genius?
Does this story have another anonymous source, genius?
__________________
Consistent profits can only be made on the basis of analysis that is far from obvious to the majority. - anonymous guru
boxcar is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-13-2018, 10:42 AM   #3
hcap
Registered User
 
hcap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location:
Posts: 29,477
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
Does this story have another anonymous source, genius?
After NO sources backing up Chumpy's accusations, we at least have close sources.

For the Politico article....

“He wasn’t great with recognizing that the leader of a country might be 80 or 85 years old and isn’t going to be awake or in the right place at 10:30 or 11 p.m. their time,” said a former Trump NSC official. “When he wants to call someone, he wants to call someone. He’s more impulsive that way. He doesn’t think about what time it is or who it is,” added a person close to Trump.

In the case of Abe and others, Trump’s NSC staffers would advise him, for instance, that “the time is messed up, it’s 1 o’clock in the morning” and promise to put the call on his calendar for a more diplomatically appropriate time. Former National Security Adviser H.R. McMaster would assure him: “We can try to set it up.”
hcap is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-13-2018, 11:13 AM   #4
horses4courses
Registered User
 
horses4courses's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 13,858
He keeps feeding Alec Baldwin new material by the day.
You can't make this stuff up........
__________________
So much orange tan spray.....so many lies
Are enough people scared to death yet?
horses4courses is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-13-2018, 11:34 AM   #5
boxcar
Registered User
 
boxcar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 39,775
Quote:
Originally Posted by hcap View Post
After NO sources backing up Chumpy's accusations, we at least have close sources.

For the Politico article....

“He wasn’t great with recognizing that the leader of a country might be 80 or 85 years old and isn’t going to be awake or in the right place at 10:30 or 11 p.m. their time,” said a former Trump NSC official. “When he wants to call someone, he wants to call someone. He’s more impulsive that way. He doesn’t think about what time it is or who it is,” added a person close to Trump.

In the case of Abe and others, Trump’s NSC staffers would advise him, for instance, that “the time is messed up, it’s 1 o’clock in the morning” and promise to put the call on his calendar for a more diplomatically appropriate time. Former National Security Adviser H.R. McMaster would assure him: “We can try to set it up.”
So, who is the former "Trump NSC official"? Got a name?
__________________
Consistent profits can only be made on the basis of analysis that is far from obvious to the majority. - anonymous guru
boxcar is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-13-2018, 11:46 AM   #6
upthecreek
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 2,903
Quote:
Originally Posted by horses4courses View Post
He keeps feeding Alec Baldwin new material by the day.
You can't make this stuff up........
Another unfunny Liberal A-Hole
upthecreek is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-13-2018, 12:06 PM   #7
Marshall Bennett
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Houston , Tx.
Posts: 8,096
Keeping it short and to the point "who cares".
Marshall Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-13-2018, 12:17 PM   #8
Inner Dirt
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Beaverdam Virginia
Posts: 3,031
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall Bennett View Post
Keeping it short and to the point "who cares".

How about "Who cares" and "Get a life, you pathetic, delusional, liar."
Inner Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-13-2018, 12:31 PM   #9
Tom
The Voice of Reason!
 
Tom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Canandaigua, New york
Posts: 102,845
Baby needs a set of blocks to play with.
How pathetic hcap has become as a person.

Perhaps he needs a "nepal" to comfort himself.
__________________
Who does the Racing Form Detective like in this one?
Tom is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-13-2018, 02:01 PM   #10
CincyHorseplayer
Registered User
 
CincyHorseplayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Cincinnati,Ohio
Posts: 5,289
The seriousness of the article is complete comedy!
CincyHorseplayer is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-13-2018, 02:21 PM   #11
hcap
Registered User
 
hcap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location:
Posts: 29,477
Quote:
Originally Posted by CincyHorseplayer View Post
The seriousness of the article is complete comedy!
Of course, the subject of the article is a complete joke.
hcap is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-13-2018, 02:48 PM   #12
Marshall Bennett
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Houston , Tx.
Posts: 8,096
Quote:
Originally Posted by hcap View Post
Of course, the subject of the article is a complete joke.
Your party has become a complete joke. It will eventually become extinct when anyone with half a brain has left.
Marshall Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-13-2018, 02:53 PM   #13
hcap
Registered User
 
hcap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location:
Posts: 29,477
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall Bennett View Post
Your party has become a complete joke. It will eventually become extinct when anyone with half a brain has left.
Check the demographics on Faux Noos.

Before they lose their entire elderly white rethug audience and become a subsidiary of CNN.

Or maybe wholly owned organ of Trump TV

Last edited by hcap; 08-13-2018 at 02:55 PM.
hcap is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-13-2018, 04:07 PM   #14
davew
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 13,994
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall Bennett View Post
Your party has become a complete joke. It will eventually become extinct when anyone with half a brain has left.
That is why schools across the nation have been leaning towards the dim way...

davew is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-13-2018, 04:24 PM   #15
Tom
The Voice of Reason!
 
Tom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Canandaigua, New york
Posts: 102,845
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall Bennett View Post
Your party has become a complete joke. It will eventually become extinct when anyone with half a brain has left.
That sums it up pretty nice.
THat article, to hcap and his elks is GROUNDBREAKING NEWS~!

__________________
Who does the Racing Form Detective like in this one?
Tom is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Reply




Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
How do you prefer your Coffee !?
Cream and Sugar - 28.57%
30 Votes
Cream only - 20.00%
21 Votes
Black - 41.90%
44 Votes
Decaf - 9.52%
10 Votes
Espresso - 12.38%
13 Votes
Starbucks etc... - 9.52%
10 Votes
Other - 23.81%
25 Votes
Total Votes: 105
This poll is closed.
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:16 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 1999 - 2020 -- PaceAdvantage.Com -- All Rights Reserved -- Best Viewed in a modern browser @ 1280x720 Resolution Or Higher
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program
designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.