Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 09-05-2010, 07:30 AM   #46
pandy

Boycott

The bottom line is, once the takeout is raised, an organized boycott of the track is probably the best way to get the takeout reduced. If enough people stop betting the track, they should get the message.
pandy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-05-2010, 11:50 AM   #47
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos
PA...I did not post a "California racing is dead to me" reply, when I was accused of spamming and wrecking threads. What does my post in this thread (#36) have to do with the protest slogan started by Rook?

This thread is about the California takeout issue, and I just voiced my opinion on why I feel the increased takeout is an injustice against the player.

Read my post, and explain to me how I "hijacked" the thread and then "wrecked" it with my spam.
Wow....you are thick ..........why do you have to argue about the tiny details ? I think you get the gist of what PA is saying don't you ? Knowing when to pick your battles is just as important as the fighting..........technically speaking anyway
JustRalph is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-05-2010, 12:09 PM   #48
turfnsport

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandy
The bottom line is, once the takeout is raised, an organized boycott of the track is probably the best way to get the takeout reduced. If enough people stop betting the track, they should get the message.
I think getting the takeout reduced is a longshot at best..But I think a boycott is of the utmost importance to show OTHER tracks not to follow suit.
turfnsport is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-05-2010, 12:23 PM   #49
rrbauer
Both-hands Bettor

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by turfnsport
I think getting the takeout reduced is a longshot at best..But I think a boycott is of the utmost importance to show OTHER tracks not to follow suit.
Now we're talking. Let's do more than talk. I have not placed a bet on Calif tracks since last year's BC (mainly because of their insanity over track surfaces and the lousy racing product). Will not place another one until they recover from their madness and improve their product. Calif horse owners think that because they have some political clout that they can just take whatever amount of my money they want....I got news for them.
Old 09-05-2010, 12:33 PM   #50
andymays
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrbauer
Now we're talking. Let's do more than talk. I have not placed a bet on Calif tracks since last year's BC (mainly because of their insanity over track surfaces and the lousy racing product). Will not place another one until they recover from their madness and improve their product. Calif horse owners think that because they have some political clout that they can just take whatever amount of my money they want....I got news for them.

I'm with everyone of a suspension of play.

I'd like to see it done for a few days at the Oak Tree meet. If it's successful and I think it will be it can always be done again at the Santa Anita meet.

Tell me why a three day deal is a bad idea.
andymays is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-05-2010, 12:53 PM   #51
Greyfox

Quote:
Originally Posted by andymays
I'm with everyone of a suspension of play.

I'd like to see it done for a few days at the Oak Tree meet.
I won't participate in any boycott until the rates go up.
Dec 26 and on, makes sense to me.
Greyfox is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-05-2010, 01:04 PM   #52
andymays
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyfox
I won't participate in any boycott until the rates go up.
Dec 26 and on, makes sense to me.
What if a suspension of play prior to the take going up causes them to think twice about it?

Opening day of Santa Anita is close to a Breeders Cup day out here. Thousands of people go just to get the Calendar. It's a tradition.

What if a suspension of play caused them to rethink things and offer a Horseplayer early pick4 with a 10% takeout?

It's about chipping away at them.

Last edited by andymays; 09-05-2010 at 01:05 PM.
Old 09-05-2010, 01:14 PM   #53
Charlie D

Forget California and join the Retama Park players where you get WPS at 18%, Exacta at 21%, DD at 12% and Pick 3 at 12%

Decent field sizes too.
Charlie D is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-05-2010, 01:18 PM   #54
andymays
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie D
Forget California and join the Retama Park players where you get WPS at 18%, Exacta at 21%, DD at 12% and Pick 3 at 12%

Decent field sizes too.
Charlie as much as people want to kick California in the ass they still have the most juice of any state by far.

TVGT and HRTV are based there.

www.chrims.com is based there. Look at their customer list.

If it wasn't for Frankie Ga Ga the Breeders Cup would have a permanent home in California.

I'm not saying it's a good thing but "juice" is "juice" and they still have it even though they don't deserve it.
Old 09-05-2010, 01:28 PM   #55
Charlie D

This track is offering what your after and all you do is make excuses.

Charlie D is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-05-2010, 05:40 PM   #56
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos
PA...I did not post a "California racing is dead to me" reply, when I was accused of spamming and wrecking threads. What does my post in this thread (#36) have to do with the protest slogan started by Rook?

This thread is about the California takeout issue, and I just voiced my opinion on why I feel the increased takeout is an injustice against the player.

Read my post, and explain to me how I "hijacked" the thread and then "wrecked" it with my spam.
Post #36 is certainly not spam and certainly not a hijack and certainly not what I meant to convey to you as the subject of my reply. If I could go back and erase that first sentence in my last reply, I would (actually, of course I can...but it would muck up the flow...lol)

Peace.
PaceAdvantage is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: