Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 2.33 average.
Old 08-22-2020, 12:47 PM   #6826
fast4522

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy View Post
you can cut your risks down as well, like not walking into supermarkets, post offices, movie theatres or bars.

if you want to run outdoors, you can go out at 3:00 a.m. when you don't need a mask to run the streets.
That is so full of crap, everyone has the ability to limit exposure of the virus with high end PPE. Sure if you are at serious risk you can shut in and have your needed products delivered. To limit people who have little to no risk is ridiculous. We have to learn from this virus to have some things in place if there is a next one. Much talk about Sweden and what they did I am very inclined to say their approach to Carona-19 is where we need to be for the next event that could be not until another 100 years or in 3 years. So I am in the I do not know camp and could really give a shit about narrative and be more into what can we do from learning something from this one. What is completely obvious is there will be no money to do it again the way we did it this time.
fast4522 is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-22-2020, 12:52 PM   #6827
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tor Ekman View Post
No, but we don't ban driving either, do we???

IT BEARS REPEATING:

Or hide under your bed for the rest of your life, such as it will be.
As I said, both you and Tom use Stephen Kin work piss-poorly and inappropriately..

What if I told you King hates your moron, and how he tragically mishandled the pandemic? I have mentioned this before. Left wing artists, writers, actors and musicians, severely outnumber right wingers. And now during the Trump era, I can't think of one worth anything.
Old 08-22-2020, 01:08 PM   #6828
Tor Ekman

What does Stephen King hating Trump have to do with you wanting people to hide under their beds for the rest of their lives over 0.05315636364% of the population dying from something for which there is 99% survival rate for people not at high risk??? And proper measures can and should be taken to protect those high risk people while everyone else can get back to living and enjoying life.

Tor Ekman is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-22-2020, 01:17 PM   #6829
hcap

Quote:
What does Stephen King hating Trump have to do with you wanting people to hide under their beds for the rest of their lives over 0.05315636364% of the population dying from something for which there is 99% survival rate for people not at high risk??? And proper measures can and should be taken to protect those high risk people while everyone else can get back to living and enjoying life.

I have posted many times from the beginning of the pandemic how to speed re-opening the economy. You Trumpites will not remember no matter how many times I posted the same solution.

My Trumpite fatigue is getting the best of me. Later
Old 08-22-2020, 01:33 PM   #6830
ElKabong

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcap View Post
This dashboard? There is no dashboard here. The site I ujse 90% of the time.

Your Dallas Collin County Judge is a yosemite just like you.
Are you that stupid? Seriously. Also, what is a "Dallas Collin County"? LMAO@you

The link I put up was a news link (yahoo), the dashboard is linked on the Collin County website homepage. Here. let me hold your hand and walk you to it>>>

https://experience.arcgis.com/experi...e1c812e29d6cde

Warning: Collin County is providing COVID-19 numbers and data as a convenience to our residents. However, because we have been made aware of inaccuracies in the Department of State Health Services’ reporting, we must advise residents that Collin County has no confidence in the data currently being provided to us.
“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,” -Joe Biden
ElKabong is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-22-2020, 01:52 PM   #6831
Tor Ekman

I can't even imagine how soul-crushingly depressing it must be for those people who are so willing to forgo all the joys of living for the false security that they are not going to die . . . pathetic . . . TOMORROW IS PROMISED TO NO ONE

Old 08-22-2020, 02:41 PM   #6832
Track Collector
Grinding at a Poker Table

Another example of why ALL the numbers quoted are completely unreliable. The national totals are a mixture of apples and oranges.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/202...t-covid-death/

Apparently in AZ if you die within 60 days of having a covid19 positive, your death is counted as a covid death.

So when hcap posts the current total of US covid deaths, how many of them are REALLY due to covid and essentially covid alone, without pre-existing conditions that would have led to near-term deaths anyway? Is the true total 10% less, 25% less, even 50% or more? And to complicate the AZ situation even more, how many covid19 positives are "false positives"?

With all the different states and their various ways (criteria) for counting covid deaths and positives, no wonder it is so hard to come up reliable and meaningful numbers, especially when those who collect and report them may have a vested interest against doing so.

So when hcap continues to post his updated totals, he is continuing on the false premise that the numbers are significantly reliable when in reality the are significantly compromised. My premise is not that covid19 is a hoax, but that many of the current shutdown restrictions continue to inflict significant collateral damages that are far greater than the "perceived" benefits of the restrictions. Subject restrictions should have been much more focused on restrictions of those with significant risk rather than the mass marketing of fear (and restrictions) on those with little risk.

As an interesting aside, I wonder how fast future covid19 death numbers would decline if hospitals and other institutions were from this day forward compensated significantly more for flu and pnuemonia deaths, and how much more those rates would suddenly increase?

Last edited by Track Collector; 08-22-2020 at 02:43 PM.
Track Collector is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-22-2020, 03:14 PM   #6833
Tor Ekman

Here's our resident Covid-19 fearmonger living out the rest of his days:

Old 08-22-2020, 03:22 PM   #6834
letswastemoney

I think we should open up everything and live our normal lives.

What good is living if everything is shut down and we spend every day in isolation? That doesn't seem like a healthy way to live. There are ways to connect with people online, but online is not a replacement for meeting in person.
letswastemoney is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-22-2020, 03:23 PM   #6835
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

According to clicknow, nothing is really shut down.

She's out there living life to the fullest every day. Another fairy tale from a fairy mind, I suppose...

But hey...not everyone is rational.
Old 08-22-2020, 03:44 PM   #6836
Greyfox

Quote:
What if I told you King hates your moron, and how he tragically mishandled the pandemic? I have mentioned this before. Left wing artists, writers, actors and musicians, severely outnumber right wingers. And now during the Trump era, I can't think of one worth anything.
Really?
You're telling us that Left wing artists, writers, actors and musicians have nothing of worth to offer and you can't even think of one who does.
You said it. Not me.
Greyfox is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-22-2020, 04:03 PM   #6837
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Actually it is 3.1% but hcap, as usual just has no clue what anything is telling us.

IF, as EINTSTEIN claims, this is all Trump's fault, then why is the new case rate VASTLY differing state to state? He keeps whining that it was TRUMP who mishandled it all, but in reality, it was the jobs of the STATES from day one, and many of THEM miserably failed.

I remind everyone the DEMS ALL condemned Trump putting a travel ban on Chine, including the dumb-ass sack of s*** who is now the dem candidate.

SCIENTISTS said it was not needed to ban travel, it was needed to wear masks.......hcap ignores that reality. Actually, he [pretty much ignore ALL reality!

But we see big differences state to state, so that mean it is NOT Trump who is at fault. btw, he totally ignores the fact the many demonstrators fair to social distance or wear masks.....he cannot justify how HIS side could ever spread a disease.

MY advice, social distance from him and put him on IGGY.....let his sit home alone under the floorboards with his pet mice.
Old 08-22-2020, 06:08 PM   #6838
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElKabong View Post
Are you that stupid? Seriously. Also, what is a "Dallas Collin County"? LMAO@you

The link I put up was a news link (yahoo), the dashboard is linked on the Collin County website homepage. Here. let me hold your hand and walk you to it>>>

https://experience.arcgis.com/experi...e1c812e29d6cde

Warning: Collin County is providing COVID-19 numbers and data as a convenience to our residents. However, because we have been made aware of inaccuracies in the Department of State Health Services’ reporting, we must advise residents that Collin County has no confidence in the data currently being provided to us.
Hey yosemite, this was the conversation..

Quote:
Originally Posted by me
Hey slow, give a rat's ass about this.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

United States
Coronavirus Cases:
Deaths:

Epidemiological projections are for over 200,000 fatalities in Sept.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElKabong View Post
Fake numbers
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Quote:
Originally Posted by me
Are you sure, you Trumpites are not the fakes?
Quote:
Originally Posted by you
Did someone mention FAKES?

https://news.yahoo.com/collin-county...213400927.html

Collin County Judge Adds Disclaimer To Coronavirus Dashboard Saying County Has 'No Confidence In The Data'
So let's see. I ha just posted numbers.
You said they were fake, then brought up a "dashboard" that had nothing to do with the numbers from the source I used.

What a backwards hick! Clean the hay out from between your teeth. And you say I am the one who is stupid, Clem?

You really give me Trumpite fatigue

Last edited by hcap; 08-22-2020 at 06:11 PM.
hcap is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-22-2020, 06:44 PM   #6839
Tor Ekman

Quote:
Epidemiological projections are for over 200,000 fatalities in Sept.
So you believe there will be 200,000 COVID deaths in the month of September alone??? You really have lost your mind. You know what, you should hide under your bed

Old 08-22-2020, 06:47 PM   #6840
hcap

Quote:
I can't even imagine how soul-crushingly depressing it must be for those people who are so willing to forgo all the joys of living for the false security that they are not going to die . . . pathetic . . . TOMORROW IS PROMISED TO NO ONE

Months ago when this thread first started and you were not paying attention, I told everyone we needed to organize a Manhattan Project or Moon landing program to ramp up coronavirus testing a million fold. Providing fast response and enough to test everyone each day. We need a confidence builder to get consumers consuming.

The entire program I suggested was....

1)-Testing
2)-Contact tracing
3)-Separation and quarantining if necessary

It is a false dichotomy to have to chose between health and lives, and the economy. I probably posted this as dozen times and you Truimpites never remembered. I considered total lockdowns a temporary measure until the more epidemiological and adult comprehensive preventative program could be phased in.

Last edited by hcap; 08-22-2020 at 06:48 PM.
hcap is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: