Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 07-10-2018, 06:58 PM   #1
Immortal6

Scat Daddy question

Can't believe I never inquired about this during the triple crown races but I finally googled him and saw that he never ran after the Kentucky Derby in '07..... which would make him 14 years old... why are we just now seeing some of his progeny have so much success? I'm assuming he retired due to injury?

If anyone would care to give me some more background info on him I'd appreciate a little lesson in history and what makes him such a popular sire leading up to this year. Thanks
Immortal6 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-10-2018, 07:00 PM   #2
the little guy

He's not 14 years old. He's deceased.
the little guy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-10-2018, 07:04 PM   #3
Immortal6

Quote:
Originally Posted by the little guy View Post
He's not 14 years old. He's deceased.
Oof I think I knew that but I was checking equibase looking at his old race charts and didn't even consider that. Whoops

Edit: and now looking at a full list of his progeny I can see why his final year at stud they were asking a $100,000 stud fee. In the years prior it was in the $25-35,000 range. Sorry for starting a thread when I could have answered my own question by googling better haha.

Last edited by Immortal6; 07-10-2018 at 07:10 PM.
Immortal6 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-12-2018, 07:31 PM   #4
Someday Silent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Immortal6 View Post
Can't believe I never inquired about this during the triple crown races but I finally googled him and saw that he never ran after the Kentucky Derby in '07..... which would make him 14 years old... why are we just now seeing some of his progeny have so much success? I'm assuming he retired due to injury?

If anyone would care to give me some more background info on him I'd appreciate a little lesson in history and what makes him such a popular sire leading up to this year. Thanks
I read an article on Scat Daddy a few months back (can't remember where I saw it but I'll try to track it down and post a link) that said Scat Daddy was actually injured in the '07 Derby. From what I recall, another horse stepped on him and caused a tendon injury, which was the main reason why he finished 17th or 18th and then was retired.
Someday Silent is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: