Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 08-05-2011, 05:52 PM   #16
canleakid

The Repubs. & Demos have the POWER now!!! and will not let go !!!!
The Green Party, the Libertarian Party, the Constitution Party, the States Rights Party and now the Tea Party (Tea Sipper's a Texas thing ) all make the same mistake they do NOT have the numbers, and they ALL have a very LIMITED agenda, that gets a bunch of folk all fired up and ready for something, yes some have a few good ideas, but they do NOT have the NUMBERS
Old 08-05-2011, 08:14 PM   #17
fast4522

Do not count on it, the very next thing this President wants the House will put the screws to him again. Call it hostage or anything you care to but your going to see his mug like this over and over. And more Tea will be added to the House next election, people actually want the bailouts and graft to stop.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Facy.JPG (13.9 KB, 86 views)
fast4522 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-05-2011, 09:11 PM   #18
NoDayJob

Quote:
Originally Posted by turninforhome10
The Tea Party is now viewed unfavorably by 40 percent of the public and favorably by just 20 percent, according to the poll. In mid-April 29 percent of those polled viewed the movement unfavorably, while 26 percent viewed it favorably.
Once the stock market goes way, way down the Tea Party
should again gain momentum. Since I'm a Marxist, I really
don't care who runs the country unless it's Groucho.

Last edited by NoDayJob; 08-05-2011 at 09:12 PM.
NoDayJob is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-05-2011, 09:21 PM   #19
ElKabong

The same Huffington Post that just issued an apolgy to Breitbart for false accusations??? THAT huffington Post??

Onward. The HuffPo is a fart in the wind. Stops nothing, and no one
“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,” -Joe Biden
ElKabong is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-05-2011, 09:36 PM   #20
newtothegame

Quote:
So you are happy that your favor has fallen less than Obama.

"Steven Hess, a veteran Republican staffer and a political analyst in the Brookings Institution think tank, said Republicans, who have a 49-seat majority in the House, could lose control of the chamber next year.
"You will have exposed candidates and an enlarged electorate," Hess said. "The Tea Party is a relatively fragile movement. People have already lost interest in it and are getting irritated with it."

So you guys will hold Washington hostage till the election and then stymie anything that will go through Congress for the next 4 years that is not a pet project. Classy. You guys don't get it. Until there is reform in the financial markets nothing will ever change and you guys are more worried about cutting spending and taxes that you don't even care if our money is safe. Call your party anything you want, and I agree with the idea and concept of responsible government, I just see very little lasting integrity within those who have made it to Washington. Study your political history, no third party has ever lasted without compromising itself. The Tea Party is already loosing popularity because it the same old song and dance. False promises and power mongering.
Turf...you make poor attempts to say who's side you're on but your words decieve you...earlier in this thread, you told TOM, you were on his side when he defended the TP....
But look at your post above...I say TROLL....

"so YOU guys....
"so YOU are happy...
"YOU guys dont get it.....

At least take a stand TURF and say where you really stand versus trying to cozy up to some then trying to blast where they stand......
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights, that among these are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. That to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men,deriving their just powers from the consent of the
governed.
newtothegame is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-05-2011, 09:49 PM   #21
newtothegame

TURF...
in post 15 this was your comment..."Again I am for the tea party, "

in post 11 you post this...."So you guys will hold Washington hostage till the election and then stymie anything that will go through Congress for the next 4 years that is not a pet project. Classy. You guys don't get it."
in referrence to the tea party.....

in post 2,...TOM post this..."We intend to forge ahead and take more seats each election and eventually become the majority of the republican party."
YOUR reply in post 3......"Tom, again, I am your side,"
Really? Are you sure what side you're on???

in a post that was removed....YOU posted this off the wall TP joke....."
What do you call a poor republican?
A Tea Bagger."

Yep, I can see how you support and are for the TP.......NOT (so the above post referring to you as a troll...JUSTIFIED in my opinion)....trying to stir something claiming to be for it...
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights, that among these are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. That to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men,deriving their just powers from the consent of the
governed.
Old 08-05-2011, 10:14 PM   #22
ArlJim78

it's like, "hey I'm on your side, but YOU people lack integrity and are no better that the other guys"
ArlJim78 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-05-2011, 10:21 PM   #23
ElKabong

Turf was for the TP before he was against the TP
“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,” -Joe Biden
Old 08-05-2011, 10:57 PM   #24
HUSKER55

if the tea party isn't going anywhere and isn't doing anything why are all of you worried?

using your own terms ( the tea party is nothing) you are complaining over nothing.

just trying to help

No Balls.......No baby!

Have you ever noticed that those who do not have a pot to piss in nor a window to throw it out of always seem to know how to handle the money of those who do.
HUSKER55 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-06-2011, 01:25 AM   #25
ElKabong

Quote:
Originally Posted by HUSKER55
if the tea party isn't going anywhere and isn't doing anything why are all of you worried?

using your own terms ( the tea party is nothing) you are complaining over nothing.

just trying to help
Since Palin isn't going to run for preznit, the media needs a new pinata to further their agendas. I present to you, mainstream media, the Tea Party....

Expect the Nora O'Donnell types to do more than whine to the administration about "you gave them everything, we got nothing". The Tea Party is their target, plain and simple
Old 08-06-2011, 01:54 AM   #26
turninforhome10

Okay, this is the honest to gods truth where I am coming from. After a very painful divorce that took away my farm, my horses and all 10 years of hard work I put forth in achieving the dream of becoming a trainer, I decided to try and follow in my Grandfathers footsteps of practicing law. My Grandfather was C.Edwin Moore, Chief Justice of the Iowa Supreme Court and very staunch Republican. He was a hero in our beloved East Side of Des Moines, mostly because he chose to live very modestly and contributed greatly both with time and money to give back his successes.
He taught me two very important lessons in life
1) He who use his head most, use his back least
2) Success is measured by making enough to give back whether it is money or time.
His influence has kept me going through some pretty rough times in my life and after the divorce , I found myself alone 1500 miles from my nearest relative. I put my nose to the books and carried a 3.6 while working and caring for a 2 yo daughter. Scored 159 on the LSAT's and I felt like I was on my way. Then my senior year, I made a serious mistake and got very wrapped up in a Supreme Court I was doing for my final analysis. I chose Watters V Wachovia. The case was about preemption and whether states had the rights to look at the books of banks who operated within the state when said banks are under Federal Charter. After 6 months of intensive work, I broke down. The level of corruption and greed that surrounded the mortgage mess was so elaborate and so deep that nobody was immune and nobody would have believed me. I am not nor have ever been a conspiracy person. Our government conspired to bankrupt it's citizens and now had the help of Wall Street. The effects of the repeal of Glass-Stegall led to a no-holds barred wild -west scenario on Wall Street with little or no regulation. I was also finishing up my final classes on economics and was studying the work of Hyman Minsky, noted economist who is known for his theories on bubble economies. We as Americans have fallen victim to bubbles and always end up on the hook when the next great thing goes belly up. When I put two and two together and started to realize the enormity of the housing bubble collapse
and how deep of collapse this was going to be. I shuttered. With understanding comes the pain that I could do nothing but watch it happen. I became the class chicken little, talking about the sky falling. The year was 2008 and Obama was gonna save us and bring back responsible government. I knew better. Nothing was going to stop this collapse and by my calculations it was going to effect the whole world making the great depression look tame.
Even my liberal professors scoffed at my ideas, saying that business cycles rise and fall and this too will pass. I became disillusioned with the whole process. I gave up on my dreams of pursuing law realizing that there was no way I was going 250 k in the hole at 45 years of age with the whole economy sitting on the brink. I am a blood banker at major medical center near Hershey PA and have no regrets. I walked away from the misery that comes from realizing the system will never change and I will not be a cog.
Well it is now 2011 and everything that my research showed could happen has
We are on the brink of a global meltdown and Washington is getting rosin on the bow. When I say you guys, I should be a bit clearer. When I say I am for the tea party, I am for the tea party that you guys( in the forum) support. I support you personally in your dreams of achieving a good life. I do not support the ideals of professional politicians. I support Ron Paul, he was a success before Washington. I am just afraid that so many are jumping on the bandwagon, the true message will become diluted. We need leaders not movements. We need people in Washington who will live the humble life like my grandfather. We need every American to be untied against the shit in Washington together in one voice. Maybe I am dreamer, but if given the chance to make a difference, I would consider that a privilege and would have no choice but to honor that role and treat the faith that the people put in me with reverence. Is this to much to expect from our leaders.
I believe in living simply so that others may simply live. Think about how far all that sick campaign money would go in helping our country.
Ron Paul is the only candidate that I believe has the integrity to run this country and anyone else on the ticket would be a distraction.
This is where I am coming from. I am bitter and angry that this great country is falling apart and our leaders are more worried about partisanship and power than upholding the duties that they swore to do. Professional politicians need to go. It is the responsibility of all American to get involved in our political process, whether it be chatting in forums or marching on Washington. We are the political process. We are the people.
In short, this whole meltdown in Washington has been very painful to watch as it is deja vu every day. It has been just like a bad dream and I can not wake up. If I seem like a troll as you guys say this is why.
I believe in this great country and spent 4 years of my life learning I could about it. Thanks for reading this and I enjoy conversing with you guys.
turninforhome10 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-06-2011, 03:08 AM   #27
newtothegame

Quote:
Okay, this is the honest to gods truth where I am coming from. After a very painful divorce that took away my farm, my horses and all 10 years of hard work I put forth in achieving the dream of becoming a trainer, I decided to try and follow in my Grandfathers footsteps of practicing law. My Grandfather was C.Edwin Moore, Chief Justice of the Iowa Supreme Court and very staunch Republican. He was a hero in our beloved East Side of Des Moines, mostly because he chose to live very modestly and contributed greatly both with time and money to give back his successes.
He taught me two very important lessons in life
1) He who use his head most, use his back least
2) Success is measured by making enough to give back whether it is money or time.
His influence has kept me going through some pretty rough times in my life and after the divorce , I found myself alone 1500 miles from my nearest relative. I put my nose to the books and carried a 3.6 while working and caring for a 2 yo daughter. Scored 159 on the LSAT's and I felt like I was on my way. Then my senior year, I made a serious mistake and got very wrapped up in a Supreme Court I was doing for my final analysis. I chose Watters V Wachovia. The case was about preemption and whether states had the rights to look at the books of banks who operated within the state when said banks are under Federal Charter. After 6 months of intensive work, I broke down. The level of corruption and greed that surrounded the mortgage mess was so elaborate and so deep that nobody was immune and nobody would have believed me. I am not nor have ever been a conspiracy person. Our government conspired to bankrupt it's citizens and now had the help of Wall Street. The effects of the repeal of Glass-Stegall led to a no-holds barred wild -west scenario on Wall Street with little or no regulation. I was also finishing up my final classes on economics and was studying the work of Hyman Minsky, noted economist who is known for his theories on bubble economies. We as Americans have fallen victim to bubbles and always end up on the hook when the next great thing goes belly up. When I put two and two together and started to realize the enormity of the housing bubble collapse
and how deep of collapse this was going to be. I shuttered. With understanding comes the pain that I could do nothing but watch it happen. I became the class chicken little, talking about the sky falling. The year was 2008 and Obama was gonna save us and bring back responsible government. I knew better. Nothing was going to stop this collapse and by my calculations it was going to effect the whole world making the great depression look tame.
Even my liberal professors scoffed at my ideas, saying that business cycles rise and fall and this too will pass. I became disillusioned with the whole process. I gave up on my dreams of pursuing law realizing that there was no way I was going 250 k in the hole at 45 years of age with the whole economy sitting on the brink. I am a blood banker at major medical center near Hershey PA and have no regrets. I walked away from the misery that comes from realizing the system will never change and I will not be a cog.
Well it is now 2011 and everything that my research showed could happen has
We are on the brink of a global meltdown and Washington is getting rosin on the bow. When I say you guys, I should be a bit clearer. When I say I am for the tea party, I am for the tea party that you guys( in the forum) support. I support you personally in your dreams of achieving a good life. I do not support the ideals of professional politicians. I support Ron Paul, he was a success before Washington. I am just afraid that so many are jumping on the bandwagon, the true message will become diluted. We need leaders not movements. We need people in Washington who will live the humble life like my grandfather. We need every American to be untied against the shit in Washington together in one voice. Maybe I am dreamer, but if given the chance to make a difference, I would consider that a privilege and would have no choice but to honor that role and treat the faith that the people put in me with reverence. Is this to much to expect from our leaders.
I believe in living simply so that others may simply live. Think about how far all that sick campaign money would go in helping our country.
Ron Paul is the only candidate that I believe has the integrity to run this country and anyone else on the ticket would be a distraction.
This is where I am coming from. I am bitter and angry that this great country is falling apart and our leaders are more worried about partisanship and power than upholding the duties that they swore to do. Professional politicians need to go. It is the responsibility of all American to get involved in our political process, whether it be chatting in forums or marching on Washington. We are the political process. We are the people.
In short, this whole meltdown in Washington has been very painful to watch as it is deja vu every day. It has been just like a bad dream and I can not wake up. If I seem like a troll as you guys say this is why.
I believe in this great country and spent 4 years of my life learning I could about it. Thanks for reading this and I enjoy conversing with you guys.
Turf.....First off, when you have to start ANY topic or thread with."this is the honest to god's truth"........WTF is that?
Does that mean everything prior you've written was bullshit? Or that we should know take this writing and put something more into it??

As for your divorce and the end result....I feel for ya. But, WE ALL HAVE ISSUES. It's not whether or not we have problems, but how we handle those problems that defines who we are!!!

Then you say this.."if given the chance to make a difference, I would consider that a privilege and would have no choice but to honor that role and treat the faith that the people put in me with reverence."

Yet not a few sentences prior, you say this...."I am a blood banker at major medical center near Hershey PA and have no regrets. I walked away from the misery that comes from realizing the system will never change and I will not be a cog. "

So, how can you ever make a difference (as posed by your own statement above), when the next statement ive shown from you said it will NEVER change and YOU do not want to be a part of it???

You have some inner conflict going on within yourself......
I would suggest you fix yourself before you attempt to be "honored and try to make a difference"...
governed.
Old 08-06-2011, 09:55 AM   #28
LottaKash

The stymied Tea Party or no, nothing will change, until the "Gangster-in- Chief" is removed along with all of his other greedy, slimy gangster and gangsterettes that serve him and themselves....The same ones who currently purport to be acting in our Nation's best interests and welfare....

The now unstoppable snowball is rolling down to the bottom of the hill, to which marxism is the goal...It is rolling so fast that it cannot be be stopped, Tea Party or no....Dems and Repugs, these days, they all suck...We will have to wait until the snowball has landed before we can see where we are going from there...But, I'm afraid to say, by that time, it will have been way too late, way....

The Tea Party was America's last chance to stop the snowball, and it failed to do so.....

A few days ago, The American Communist Party, has already endorsed Obama for the 2012 election....

best,

Last edited by LottaKash; 08-06-2011 at 10:09 AM.
LottaKash is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-06-2011, 10:10 AM   #29
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LottaKash

The Tea Party was America's last chance to stop the snowball, and it failed to do so.....

best,
Not enough in office yet - keep electing them.
If no TP candidate, vote against the incompetent, er, incumbent.

This nest of slime cannot stand up to real Americans if we stick to it.
Old 08-06-2011, 10:31 AM   #30
LottaKash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom
Not enough in office yet - keep electing them.
If no TP candidate, vote against the incompetent, er, incumbent.

This nest of slime cannot stand up to real Americans if we stick to it.
Yes Tom, we must continue in that effort, we must, to have any chance at all.....

Still, I'm afraid this nation has slipped so far into Third World-ism, or should I have said Worldism, that, the road of Tea Partys and such, is no longer very feasible....I hated to say that, but that is what I see....How do you stop these Gangsters and Banksters, when they are so far along as they have come....They are like out of control children playing with our future..

best,