Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 04-25-2008, 12:46 PM   #1
Gibbon
DC posts & not banned?

Rev. Jeremiah Wright: The Comeback

Wright interviewed by Bill Moyers on PBS
http://www.pbs.org/moyers/journal/04252008/profile.html
http://patterico.com/2008/04/24/exce...remiah-wright/

A} Served honorably with the US Marines and Navy.
B} Rev served as Cardiopulmonary technician at the National Naval Medical Center.
C} Wright was assigned as part of the medical team charged with care of LBJ after his 1966 surgery.
D} Before leaving the position in 1967, the White House awarded Rev. Wright three letters of commendation.

Not too shabby for a guy who hates America. Seems more of a patriot than current occupant of my white house who ran from his military duty – then and now.

Old 04-25-2008, 12:54 PM   #2
Gibbon
DC posts & not banned?

From the National Review. Yes that one started by William F. Buckley, Jr.
Continues to play a vital roll for real conservative ideals.

Media Assassination of the Rev. Wright

Rev hasn’t said anything that Jerry Falwell and other imbeciles have publicly spewed over 9/11.

Last edited by Gibbon; 04-25-2008 at 01:00 PM.
Gibbon is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-25-2008, 01:06 PM   #3
toetoe
Veteran

The White House left the position in 1967 ? Which position ? Housitosis ?

Adolf Hitler was a marvelous speaker, and a damn fine housepainter. Why, he could hang paper onehanded. He sounds like an abler individual than my boardmate Gibbon OR Irreverend Wrong.
toetoe is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-25-2008, 02:09 PM   #4
Gibbon
DC posts & not banned?

And so the venom begins. Just what did Rev say that mega church cultist Pat Robertson, Jerry Falwell, Benny Hinn, Kenneth Hagin or Joyce Meyer haven’t regurgitated?

One holds three letters of commendation from a president. Those others, self aggrandizement.

Last edited by Gibbon; 04-25-2008 at 02:16 PM.
Old 04-25-2008, 02:22 PM   #5
bigmack

As Wright moves forward on this junket (could he have found a more fraternal interviewer than Moyers?) and as he points the finger at others for singling out excerpts of his sermons, which were on DVD's for sale in his church, will he actually address the words he said and the intent behind them, or simply call those who aired the words, "haters"?
bigmack is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-25-2008, 02:25 PM   #6
46zilzal
velocitician

or this guy?
http://www.crooksandliars.com/2008/0...damns-america/
Old 04-25-2008, 02:28 PM   #7
DRIVEWAY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibbon
From the National Review. Yes that one started by William F. Buckley, Jr.
Continues to play a vital roll for real conservative ideals.

Media Assassination of the Rev. Wright

Rev hasn’t said anything that Jerry Falwell and other imbeciles have publicly spewed over 9/11.
Are you saying that Rev Wright is an imbecile?
DRIVEWAY is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-25-2008, 02:32 PM   #8
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Old 04-25-2008, 02:50 PM   #9
Gibbon
DC posts & not banned?

DRIVEWAY,

Myself, as a practicing Christian, yes I am. No contradiction here.
Let’s put partisanship aside for a moments as I ask you what did the Rev say that counsler to Ronald Reagan, Jerry Falwell hasn’t spewed from his hole during 9/11.
Old 04-25-2008, 03:13 PM   #10
bigmack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibbon
Let’s put partisanship aside for a moments
How is it when anyone tries to marginalize what The Rev said it's always this obfuscation in talking about the partisanship of those who didn't like what he said or what other Rev's have said or the whole racist/hater thang?

How bout we just agree that he should either explain what he meant or shut his piehole. I know that's what Obama would like to see happen.
bigmack is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-25-2008, 03:21 PM   #11
toetoe
Veteran

Oh, maybe GOD DAMN AMERICA ? Although, the second word is bleeped whenever I hear it. I think that's what he said.

I'm with Bruce Williams on this one. Barry should have the worldliness and judgement to foresee this and deal with it MONTHS ago.

Now, I'm a bank robber, but the guy next door is a swindler. If you accuse me, you're just not being fair. I'm squeaky clean, baby.

I would not call my response venom, maybe just gasoline upon your already impressive conflagration.
Old 04-25-2008, 03:32 PM   #12
chickenhead
Lacrimae rerum

did the reverend ever get caught playing show me yours I'll show you mine with little boys at summer camp?

He's got to rank near the middle when it comes to pulpit dwellers on that alone
chickenhead is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-25-2008, 03:35 PM   #13
delayjf

I'm willing to give the guy some slack given his service to his country (my choice) and the historic perspective of his life (growing up in segregation). I can understand why he might still be bitter. But at this point in history, most white people (50 years and younger) are apathetic towards the "modern civil rights movement".
delayjf is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-25-2008, 03:48 PM   #14
toetoe
Veteran

delay,

The only defense is insanity !

Okay, how about Michael Savage ? Hilarious, well educated, a perfect face for radio, he's got it all. He attacks ad hominem, NOT ad propria patriam. And he doesn't make excuses based on his upbringing.

And what's with the Bill Moyers mention ? Are we supposed to believe he's the white male Oprah ? Anybody on his show must be okay ?
Old 04-25-2008, 03:51 PM   #15
Gibbon
DC posts & not banned?

Quote:
maybe GOD DAMN AMERICA?
This quote is deserving of a formal response.

To expand on post #4;
Quote:
America deserves terrorist attacks and other horrendous disasters....
has long been a frequently expressed view among the faction of white evangelical ministers to whom the Republican Party is most inextricably linked. Neither Jerry Falwell {now deceased} nor Pat Robertson ever retracted or denounced their view that America provoked the 9/11 attacks by doing things to anger God. John Hagee continues to believe that the City of New Orleans got what it deserved when Katrina drowned its residents and devastated the lives of thousands of Americans. James Inhofe -- who happens to still be a U.S. Senator -- blamed America for the 9/11 attacks by arguing in a 2002 Senate floor speech that "the spiritual door was opened for an attack against the United States of America" because we pressured Israel to give away parts of the West Bank.

The phrases "anti-American" and "America-haters" are among the most manipulative in our entire political lexicon, but whatever they happen to mean on any given day, they easily encompass people who believe that the U.S. deserved the 9/11 attacks, devastating hurricanes and the like. Yet when are people like Falwell, Robertson, Hagee, Inhofe and other white Christian radicals ever described as anti-American or America-hating extremists? White Christian evangelicals who tie themselves to the political Right are intrinsically patriotic.

Without naming names, do you believe those aforementioned individuals in post #4 are anti-American radicals and that people who allow their children to belong to their churches are exercising grave errors of judgment?

Last edited by Gibbon; 04-25-2008 at 03:54 PM.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: