Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 11-23-2021, 11:48 AM   #106
Poindexter

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-Bay-Area.html

Dems create problems. Dems spend millions to fix the problems they created themselves. What would we do without Dems. Wow what a speech by Gavin the Great. You know things are getting serious when a Democrat uses the word unacceptable. The very first word to boot. If that doesn't put the fear into these guys what will?

Last edited by Poindexter; 11-23-2021 at 11:51 AM.
Poindexter is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-23-2021, 11:52 AM   #107
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poindexter View Post
Dems create problems. Dems spend millions to fix the problems they created themselves. What would we do without Dems. Wow what a speech by Gavin the Great. You know things are getting serious when a Democrat uses the word unacceptable. The very first word to boot. If that doesn't put the fear into these guys what will?
Yeah...but he didn't use the big I word...Inappropriate. You, also, gotta tell the thugs that their behavior is inappropriate in a civilized society.
Old 11-23-2021, 02:29 PM   #108
Elkchester Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElKabong View Post
Saw this on Epoch Times online. Seriously, civilization has gone south. Lawlessness reigns

My wife was assaulted after school by a 12yo kid 2 weeks ago. School is doing everything possible to sweep it under the rug. Injuries are so bad she's been referred to a neurologist, having a hard time dealing with it emotionally and physically. Kids have no respect for the law b/c they can get away with anything (sometimes)

When the Benefits person called my wife to check in, she asked where she taught. When my wife mentioned the school, the lady said "oh that campus has a lot of problems with assaults'. Keep in mind, Benefits only hears of staff being assaulted. Not kids vs kids.

She wanted to teach one more year before we move to East Tx and "wanted to make it count". She loves teaching kids from troubled backgrounds, it gives her the most satisfaction. I told her not to teach at DISD (because of the obvious), unfortunately she went with her heart instead of her mind
I am very sorry to hear this has happened to your Wife, ElKabong. Best of wishes for both of you.
Old 11-23-2021, 07:33 PM   #109
taxicab

You want more ?
We got more ?
It's daily now in the woke portion of the Bay Area.
And the idiot woke clowns out here will keep voting Liberal......they deserve what they get....morons.
Only in my home state...........luckily I live in a county that actually puts criminals in jail.

taxicab is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-23-2021, 08:06 PM   #110
taxicab

More.
Oakland again.

taxicab is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-23-2021, 08:44 PM   #111
Jeff P

Location: JCapper Platinum: Kind of like Deep Blue... but for horses.
Los Angeles

ABC News | November 23, 2021
LA luxury mall latest to be hit by smash-and-grab thieves:

https://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/...-mall-81351683

Quote:
Los Angeles police say a group of thieves smashed windows at a department store at a luxury mall
By EUGENE GARCIA and OLGA R. RODRIGUEZ Associated Press
November 23, 2021, 2:50 PM
Quote:
LOS ANGELES -- A group of thieves smashed windows at a department store at a luxury mall in Los Angeles, triggering a police pursuit just days after high-end stores throughout the San Francisco Bay Area were targeted.

The latest incident in a national trend of smash-and-grab crimes targeted a Nordstrom store at The Grove retail and entertainment complex. It came as the country's largest consumer electronics chain said that an increase in organized theft was taking a toll on its bottom line.

Workers covered a large broken window at the Nordstrom with black plywood on Tuesday morning as security guards and shoppers alike came in and out of the store.

The thieves struck around 10:40 p.m. Monday, said Officer Drake Madison, a Los Angeles Police Department spokesman. Officers pursued an SUV involved in the crime and the chase ended with three people taken into custody, he said. The number of people involved in the crime was not known, Madison said.
Quote:
The electronics chain Best Buy on Tuesday cited organized theft as one of the reasons for a decline in gross profit margin in the third quarter.

“We are definitely seeing more and more particularly organized retail crime and incidents of shrink in our locations,” Best Buy CEO Corie Barry told analysts during a conference call Tuesday. “This is a real issue that hurts and scares real people.”

Barry told reporters during a separate call that the company is seeing organized theft increase across the country, but particularly in San Francisco.

-jp

Old 11-23-2021, 08:46 PM   #112
tbwinner

Com'on man! This is not an issue! No one's getting hurt!! Mosty says all is OK....shoplifting is down!!! If no one gets hurt what does it matter???

I wonder do they check the vaccination records of the people performing these smash and grabs?
tbwinner is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-23-2021, 09:58 PM   #113
davew

they are calling it 'retail reparations'

and it seems they are using some sort of social media to assist the flash mobs
davew is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-24-2021, 02:13 AM   #114
TJDave

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElKabong View Post
The only thing that matters to us... the kid gets charged. But it isn't going to happen
I’d have a hard time with that. You mean juvenile court?

I don’t think a 12-year-old belongs in jail. I’d much rather see the parent/s punished & the kid get counseling and/or therapy.
Old 11-24-2021, 12:41 PM   #115
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJDave View Post

I don’t think a 12-year-old belongs in jail. I’d much rather see the parent/s punished & the kid get counseling and/or therapy.
How about we just open fire on gangs like these and be done with it.
You anyone of them is worth wasting time on? I don't.
Spend our time and energy helping the victims, screw the perps to Hell, literally.
Old 11-24-2021, 12:58 PM   #116
Inner Dirt

Quote:

You have to be joking, at what age should someone know not to attack someone? I have a POS nephew who had a long rap sheet starting at 14, he attacked an elderly female teacher. He did 7 stints in juvenile hall, he was in state prison from the age of 18-26 for trying to strangle his girlfriend. He respects no one that is physically weaker than him. He came from a decent family, and everything under the sun has been tried to fix him, he is just a POS and should not be allowed to breathe free air.
Inner Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-24-2021, 01:00 PM   #117
Inner Dirt

As for these flash mobs or whatever they are someone has to be organizing them, why haven't they been shut down yet?
Inner Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-24-2021, 01:01 PM   #118
Dave Schwartz

Quote:

I'd contend that SOME 12-year olds DO belong in jail.

Especially true if they've already learned that violence is a viable answer. Even more so if they used a gun.

The real question is: "Is it likely that this child will truly allow himself to be rehabilitated?"

That is a decision that must be proven by the child every day of his youth incarceration.
Yes, I will give you that the penal system itself needs rework on all levels.

Currently, if you went in as someone who "just made a mistake" you will become a criminal because they become your peers.

Dave Schwartz is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-24-2021, 01:10 PM   #119
MooseDog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt View Post
As for these flash mobs or whatever they are someone has to be organizing them, why haven't they been shut down yet?
You may be hearing differently depending on your sources of news but I'm here and it appears that for the most part it is organized crime rings who are using social media to crowd-source and organize the shoplifters.
MooseDog is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-24-2021, 01:11 PM   #120
tucker6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt View Post
Because the priority is harassing parents at school board meetings.
tucker6 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: