Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 11-16-2021, 11:27 AM   #3046
xtb

Quote:
Originally Posted by 46zilzal View Post
Daily, I am seriously sad for the young people out there...The goons at the helm, much like the denial of all the major tobacco gurus, are doing little to nothing in spite of voluminous data that we are headed for some serious climate change through a combination of overpopulation, deofrestation, habitat destruction and species loss..

I am more that glad I will not witness the chaos that will ensue: the CA will take me long before the climate will
The chaos happening now as a result of your comrades in power is doing far more damage to our population than any of the things you mentioned.
xtb is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-16-2021, 12:22 PM   #3047
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Daily, I am seriously sad for the young people out there...The goons at the helm, much like the denial of all the major tobacco gurus, are doing little to nothing in spite of voluminous data that we are headed for some serious climate change through a combination of overpopulation, deofrestation, habitat destruction and species loss..

I am more that glad I will not witness the chaos that will ensue: the CA will take me long before the climate will
Then explain to me why we are giving China a pass? OBVIOUSLY they are they key.
Yet all you do whine here about us.

Whatsupwitdat?
Old 11-16-2021, 12:34 PM   #3048
FakeNameChanged

Quote:

So you're battling the big C? Sorry to hear that. Wife's been through that as well.
Old 11-16-2021, 01:27 PM   #3049
classhandicapper

I don't doubt that the climate is changing and that scientists have good reason to believe at least some of it is related to fossil fuels.

I also believe the government and its hired guns (that includes scientists promoting their agenda - with all others being censored, losing their jobs, being marginalized, losing funding etc..) believe in the noble lie. That is, they will lie, exaggerate, use scare tactic etc.. to try to change the politics and impose their will. So whatever they are saying, trim it back (probably a lot) you are closer to their best honest assessment.

Also, I believe in analyzing past data to learn what's going on, but models that try to predict the future are almost always garbage. It doesn't matter if it's the financial markets, pandemics, or climate, etc... they almost all suck.

When you add it all up, this is the least of our problems.
Old 11-16-2021, 01:31 PM   #3050
Elkchester Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by classhandicapper View Post
I don't doubt that the climate is changing and that scientists have good reason to believe at least some of it is related to fossil fuels.

I also believe the government and its hired guns (that includes scientists promoting their agenda - with all others being censored, losing their jobs, being marginalized, losing funding etc..) believe in the noble lie. That is, they will lie, exaggerate, use scare tactic etc.. to try to change the politics and impose their will. So whatever they are saying, trim it back (probably a lot) you are closer to their best honest assessment.

Also, I believe in analyzing past data to learn what's going on, but models that try to predict the future are almost always garbage. It doesn't matter if it's the financial markets, pandemics, or climate, etc... they almost all suck.

They also do not practice what it is they preach. There will never be a time when that is not a problem. Mushbrains buy this shit...Government's problem is...not everybody is a Mushbrain. At least not yet.
Old 11-16-2021, 01:50 PM   #3051
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by classhandicapper View Post

I believe the climate is changing, as it always has, and a part of it might be contributed to man. The climate was changing long before we got here and many species of various forms of life came and went.

What I don't believe is all the various doomsday predictions and now everything that happens climate wise is man made. Like that idiot Newsome blaming man made climate change for California's drought and fires. California has had recorded drought periods lasting years ever since it was settled.
Here is an article mentioning them back 180 years:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Droughts_in_California

California has always had fire season, that probably should be called arson season. Most all fires in California are man made in one way or another. The climate alarmist like Newsome attribute the increase in fires to global warming, while ignoring the population of California has doubled in the last 50 years. Twice as many people equals twice as many fire hazards, like arsonists, off roaders, and power lines.

Speaking of models, looking at all the predictions of sea level rise that are all over the place from 5 inches by 2100 all the way to 15 feet. Anyone who is a big fan of climate change alarmism needs to get a subscription to National Geographic, they mention it every other page. My aunt bought me a subscription a couple years ago. I used to read it as a kid 50 years ago, shocking that it is now nothing but a climate alarmist propaganda magazine.
Inner Dirt is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-16-2021, 01:53 PM   #3052
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elkchester Road View Post
They also do not practice what it is they preach. There will never be a time when that is not a problem. Mushbrains buy this shit...Government's problem is...not everybody is a Mushbrain. At least not yet.

Al Gore is the poster boy for that. He has created a great amount of wealth spewing climate alarmism, while personally contributing heavily to the supposed problem.
Inner Dirt is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-16-2021, 02:36 PM   #3053
Elkchester Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt View Post
Al Gore is the poster boy for that. He has created a great amount of wealth spewing climate alarmism, while personally contributing heavily to the supposed problem.
Exactly, Inner Dirt.
Old 11-16-2021, 05:50 PM   #3054
fast4522

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
Then explain to me why we are giving China a pass? OBVIOUSLY they are they key.
Yet all you do whine here about us.

Whatsupwitdat?
46zilzal hates this country, it is not like there is any real reasoning.
fast4522 is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-17-2021, 12:48 PM   #3055
Elkchester Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast4522 View Post
This pretty much explains why it is that people like him think the United States should enact all the meausres...regardless of consequence...while giving the rest of the World a complete pass. These people are delusional.
Old 11-17-2021, 05:54 PM   #3056
fast4522

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elkchester Road View Post
This pretty much explains why it is that people like him think the United States should enact all the meausres...regardless of consequence...while giving the rest of the World a complete pass. These people are delusional.
He just started another garbage thread, he is going off against everything he hates about our country, now it is Harvard.
fast4522 is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-17-2021, 07:54 PM   #3057
46zilzal
velocitician

Quote:
it may sound strange to a Black and White thinker, but I have now, nor EVER hated anyone.

I only owe allegiance to family and frined however.
Old 11-17-2021, 07:56 PM   #3058
46zilzal
velocitician

Quote:
Your suppositions are no better than anyone else's. So the earth has always done what it wanted, that supposition is just as valid.
The EARTH ws never bee subject to all the pressure of deforestation, CO2, loss of specied, and OVERPOPLUATION with all the problems in has now encountered

The envoronment is FINITE, the pllution and population are in exponential phase
Old 11-17-2021, 07:58 PM   #3059
46zilzal
velocitician

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtb View Post
The chaos happening now as a result of your comrades in power is doing far more damage to our population than any of the things you mentioned.
Comrades? that is a word I never use
Old 11-17-2021, 08:00 PM   #3060
46zilzal
velocitician

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucker6 View Post
So you know the historical climate record for BC going back 400,000 years? 1M years? How excellent.
THIS problem is UNIDIRECTIONAL so knowing what happened eons ago, with little to no population, means ZIP