Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 05-17-2021, 07:48 PM   #466
GMB@BP

cancel culture at its finest. How many positives has Baffert had in NYRA, and what is the fine there for this level of offense?

If Baffert broke a rule he should be fined and suspended as prescribed by state law.
GMB@BP is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-17-2021, 08:33 PM   #467
classhandicapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onesome View Post
BH article mentions McAnally hasn't had a positive in 22 years.
The latest is that it's a jockey contamination case.
Old 05-17-2021, 08:41 PM   #468
dilanesp

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMB@BP View Post
cancel culture at its finest. How many positives has Baffert had in NYRA, and what is the fine there for this level of offense?

If Baffert broke a rule he should be fined and suspended as prescribed by state law.
If regulators did their jobs and kicked dopers out of the sport, NYRA wouldn't need to do this.

But because they don't, three cheers for NYRA. I will bet some New York races this week to show my support.
dilanesp is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-17-2021, 10:24 PM   #469
pandy

I really think if Baffert raced in New York full time, his career would be a lot different. They never would have let him get away with this crap for this long. The CHRB is a total disgrace to the sport.
pandy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-17-2021, 10:42 PM   #470
dilanesp

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandy View Post
I really think if Baffert raced in New York full time, his career would be a lot different. They never would have let him get away with this crap for this long. The CHRB is a total disgrace to the sport.
I agree with your last sentence. And yes- New York regulators are better.

But New York regulators aren't exactly good, they are just better than California regulators. What we actually need is a far stronger disciplinary system than any state has right now.
Old 05-17-2021, 11:09 PM   #471
AMPHAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secondbest View Post
If Medina Spirit won the Preakness do you think NYRA would have suspended him and lose a chance for triple crown. I say No Shot. He’d be here.
I say No.

The only thing that has changed recently is Medina Spirit lost the Preakness, so in my mind that was a factor.

Medina wins and my guess is a similar Preakness daily testing plan up until Belmont.
AMPHAR is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-17-2021, 11:12 PM   #472
nijinski

LA oh Red looked like he had some hormone help
But we will never know .
nijinski is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-17-2021, 11:52 PM   #473
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secondbest View Post
CJ. Do you really think they give up a shot for a huge tv rating and the biggest crowd allowed.
I already gave my opinion. Medina Spirit is going to get DQed from the Derby. In the lead up to the Preakness, there wasn't a single mention of him on the ads on NBC, no mention of a horse trying to win the first two legs, nothing. Why would NYRA need him, even if he won the Preakness, for big ratings? Everyone knows what is coming.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-18-2021, 12:37 AM   #474
dilanesp

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj View Post
I already gave my opinion. Medina Spirit is going to get DQed from the Derby. In the lead up to the Preakness, there wasn't a single mention of him on the ads on NBC, no mention of a horse trying to win the first two legs, nothing. Why would NYRA need him, even if he won the Preakness, for big ratings? Everyone knows what is coming.
I agree, though had he won the Preakness and Belmont, there would have been enormous pressure not to DQ him.

And that is why "eight weeks for a split" is such a ridiculous, cheater friendly rule. It's literally designed to either remove the urgency of a suspension or allow for facts to be placed on the ground. You saw both in the Justify scheming.

You can do the split in 24 hours. It's not difficult.
Old 05-18-2021, 01:51 AM   #475
Psychotic Parakeet
Sartin Methodology Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by nijinski View Post
LA oh Red looked like he had some hormone help
But we will never know .
Unpopular opinion, but I would not be surprised. I still wonder why there aren't any photos of his fabled 22 lb heart, or why it was not preserved like Phar Lap's? Big Red's heart nearly weighed as much as a giraffe's!
Old 05-18-2021, 01:54 AM   #476
Psychotic Parakeet
Sartin Methodology Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilanesp View Post
And that is why "eight weeks for a split" is such a ridiculous, cheater friendly rule. It's literally designed to either remove the urgency of a suspension or allow for facts to be placed on the ground. You saw both in the Justify scheming.

You can do the split in 24 hours. It's not difficult.
Heck, when I worked in the veterinary industry, if there were questionable test results, they would automatically rerun them on a different machine to verify the readout. It wouldn't take that long. There is very little room for error with the technology on these tests today, so the chance of it coming back different is pretty slim to none for Baffert.
Old 05-18-2021, 06:10 AM   #477
Andy Asaro

Quote:
Andy Asaro is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-18-2021, 09:20 AM   #478
GMB@BP

Quote:
really? because no one who was ever someone with a history of loose medication violations ever operated for lengthy time in new york. it was nyra who stopped servis right?

cmon, take off the rose colored glasses.
Old 05-18-2021, 09:26 AM   #479
Frost king

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMB@BP View Post
really? because no one who was ever someone with a history of loose medication violations ever operated for lengthy time in new york. it was nyra who stopped servis right?

cmon, take off the rose colored glasses.
All of these racing jurisdictions look after there own. Do you really think, that NYRA, would have suspended Pletcher or Brown? Would have Churchill done the same to Cox? Just like California has protected Baffert, they would have done the same to their own.
Frost king is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-18-2021, 09:49 AM   #480
GMB@BP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frost king View Post
All of these racing jurisdictions look after there own. Do you really think, that NYRA, would have suspended Pletcher or Brown? Would have Churchill done the same to Cox? Just like California has protected Baffert, they would have done the same to their own.
my point exactly.....Baffert is doing just what everyone else has, pushing the envelope. He has got caught and needs to pay the price.

The self righteous act is a bit much for me.

I would be ALL for racing to come down with a hammer on anyone with even minor violations because that would clean things up. Right now there are a few barns, who do the same exact things, celebrating at NYRA, a big part of their competition was just eliminated at the top end. Lets see if they drop the hammer the next time a Brad Cox gets a couple positives in a few months, Did NYRA ban Joe Sharp by the way, who had similar issues over the winter, think it was 3 positives in a very short time? Did Oaklawn and Churchill ban him?