Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 04-01-2021, 09:05 AM   #1
Vinman

How to get 2020 Federal 1099-G info

I'm hoping that someone who received the $600 in weekly Federal Unemployment payments last year can answer the question of where to obtain 1099-G information for those payments in 2020.

Obtaining this info for New Jersey was a piece of cake, through the NJUI website. I was actually able to print out my 1099-G with my amounts filled in.

No such luck on the IRS website. I found where you can order forms, but have not found a place whee you can enter your Social Security number and obtain this info.

The good news is that the IRS has announced that Federal Unemployment income for 2020 is not taxable. But you still have to show it on your return.

Does anyone know if the original $600 stimulus payment from a year ago is taxable?

Would greatly appreciate any info on how to find Federal 1099-G info for 2020. Could it be on the U.S Dept of Labor website?

Vinman

Last edited by Vinman; 04-01-2021 at 09:12 AM.
Vinman is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-01-2021, 11:45 AM   #2
AndyC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinman View Post
I'm hoping that someone who received the $600 in weekly Federal Unemployment payments last year can answer the question of where to obtain 1099-G information for those payments in 2020.

Obtaining this info for New Jersey was a piece of cake, through the NJUI website. I was actually able to print out my 1099-G with my amounts filled in.

No such luck on the IRS website. I found where you can order forms, but have not found a place whee you can enter your Social Security number and obtain this info.

The good news is that the IRS has announced that Federal Unemployment income for 2020 is not taxable. But you still have to show it on your return.

Does anyone know if the original $600 stimulus payment from a year ago is taxable?

Would greatly appreciate any info on how to find Federal 1099-G info for 2020. Could it be on the U.S Dept of Labor website?

Vinman

Are you sure your NJ 1099 did not include your Federal unemployment?

Some unemployment can be nontaxable but it depends on how much you received and how much income you had for the year.

Stimulus is not taxable.
Old 04-01-2021, 12:22 PM   #3
Vinman

NJ & Fed UI were separate direct deposits. The NJ 1099-G matched the NJ payments exactly.

Appreciate your input on the non-taxability of the original $600 stimulus payment.

Vinman
Old 04-01-2021, 01:07 PM   #4
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

https://www.google.com/search?q=How+...hrome&ie=UTF-8

Quote:
You will need to include it on your federal tax return if you have itemized deductions. To get your 1099G, visit our website at revenue.wi.gov. Click the Individuals tab and select Look-up 1099-G. Choose “View Form 1099-G,” and then follow the instructions to see your form.
Old 04-01-2021, 02:02 PM   #5
Vinman

Tom,

Great try. Unfortunately, that is a State of Wisconsin website.

Vinman
Old 04-01-2021, 02:53 PM   #6
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Tom,

Great try. Unfortunately, that is a State of Wisconsin website.

Vinman
Well pack up and move Damn it!
JustRalph is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-01-2021, 04:05 PM   #7
Vinman

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph View Post
Well pack up and move Damn it!
-G

Lol! Reminds me of that old ad for D'Agastino's grocery chain in NYC which said "If there's not one near you, move!"

Having come to the conclusion that an online source for Federal 1099-G info does not exist, I found the blank 1099-G form on the IRS website and filled it in with the correct amount and printed it myself.

Game over!

Vinnie Ralph
Old 04-01-2021, 04:30 PM   #8
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

D'oh!
Old 04-01-2021, 10:08 PM   #9
AndyC

Quote:
NJ & Fed UI were separate direct deposits. The NJ 1099-G matched the NJ payments exactly.

Appreciate your input on the non-taxability of the original $600 stimulus payment.

Vinman

Unemployment benefits are paid by the state and not the Federal government even though much of the benefits are through Federal programs.