Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Selections

Closed Thread

Old 03-20-2010, 08:55 PM   #1
cees with dees
St.Jimmy

Two plays in NY for Sunday

Playing a DD in the fourth race starting with Missing Link who stretches and draws the rail while in the easiest spot of his career.
Not much price wise but absolutely nothing to beat.
Looking long in the fifth going against Air Lord with both fists.
Matthew TC is the speed from the rail and was okay chasing in last in a race I think he needed. Takes these a long way from the rail.
Admirality stretches out off what appear to be mediocre sprints but could find himself in the garden spot if Matthew controls, puts away, then tires.
Either or at a good number.
Moving to the 8th and I'm chalking out big time here. Hour Glass is inside with the perfect style in race loaded with need the lead stuff.
In the 9th, K's Revenge drops to the basement adding blinkers and may be a fair win price if Hour Glass wins the 8th because with everyone alive in the DD, the win pool may be neglected to the tune of 4/5.
Good luck to all
Ben
Old 03-20-2010, 11:21 PM   #2
Light
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cees with dees
Playing a DD in the fourth race starting with Missing Link who stretches and draws the rail while in the easiest spot of his career.
This 3YO is going long against older for the first time in his career. I wouldn't call that "the easiest spot"

Quote:
Not much price wise but absolutely nothing to beat.
You need to stop using that "nothing to beat here" bullshit line. This is what happpened the last time you said that on 3/16.

Quote:
...with Razzledazzleme and the more I look at that race, Razzle has nothing to beat here.
Razzle finished 4th in a field of 6 at even money. Apparently there was plenty to beat here. You use that dismissive line for the rest of a field quite a bit in your analysis.This reminds me of TVG analysts who talk about 2 or 3 favorites in a race and never mention the winner until after the race. Looking at races with tunnel vision is the last thing you want to do.

I have nothing against your picks. Just don't dismiss the rest of the field like they dont exist. If you really felt that way,you would be betting the ranch on your "nothing to beat here" horses and be in the poor house. If I was a bookie,I would love to take your action. You give me the field and you take your mortal locks.
Old 03-21-2010, 12:36 AM   #3
the little guy

Where are your pre-race picks Light?

Did you watch the Razzlemedazzleme race? Do you know what transpired that led to her losing?

Stop worrying about other people and put something useful up before races are run....or don't lecture people who do.
Old 03-21-2010, 03:49 AM   #4
letswastemoney

I appreciate that you are one of the few posters that gives some insight and detail into why you choose the horses you've chosen.

These are good picks. I'll be watching to see how they do.
Old 03-21-2010, 09:46 AM   #5
timtam

It almost seems like Light lost a bet using cees with dees info
Old 03-21-2010, 10:21 AM   #6
HUSKER55

iF YOU DON'T PICK YOUR OWN YOU DESERVE WHAT YOU GET

No Balls.......No baby!

Have you ever noticed that those who do not have a pot to piss in nor a window to throw it out of always seem to know how to handle the money of those who do.
Old 03-21-2010, 10:30 AM   #7
lamboguy

generally the younger horses running against older in maiden's and nw2's are finding easier spots than if they were running against straight 3 yo's. also horses at bottom level new york breds that need to go long are as weak as it gets.

i am just speaking from generalities, but cee's and dee's is right, and i have watched his posts and he has alot of knowledge about this game, and has reasonably good picks all the time. the man does his work and there is no need to smash the guy over the head for putting in a big effort and giving his reason's which happen to be very sound.
Old 03-21-2010, 10:32 AM   #8
lamboguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by letswastemoney
I appreciate that you are one of the few posters that gives some insight and detail into why you choose the horses you've chosen.

These are good picks. I'll be watching to see how they do.
i am not even betting his picks today, but i hope like hell they all win big
Old 03-21-2010, 11:01 AM   #9
Exotic1

cees with dees and the littlel guy

cees with dees: Thanks for sharing your insight and gleanings of hard work.

the little guy: excellent response imho, you covered the facts.

and I'll echo lamboguy "i hope like hell they all win big"
Old 03-21-2010, 12:33 PM   #10
Light
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by the little guy
Where are your pre-race picks Light?
That's irrelavent to what I was talking about. And if I do give picks,I would never dismiss the field with a "nothing to beat here" comment. That has to be the most naive comment an analyst can make. What happened to Rachel,hmm?

Quote:
Did you watch the Razzlemedazzleme race? Do you know what transpired that led to her losing?
Actually didn't watch it,but if the horse had trouble,that is another reason why you should never assume a horse is a lock

Quote:
Stop worrying about other people and put something useful up before races are run....or don't lecture people who do.
I'm not worried about what he is doing. I'm just pointing out a stupid comment he keeps repeating.
Old 03-21-2010, 12:40 PM   #11
Light
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by timtam
It almost seems like Light lost a bet using cees with dees info

Why in the world would I ever use an analyst's picks? I finished 23rd in the country in the drf nhc contest last January. That tells me that I know how to handicap better than the vast majority of players. But even if that fact didn't exist, I also know most analysts ROI is in the toilet. I think I have proved that.
Old 03-21-2010, 12:41 PM   #12
PhantomOnTour
C'est Tout

If cees is repeating a stupid comment why do you stupidly continue to read it...every time? Seems you would ignore his posts, or does he have something to offer that you find valuable?

IMO I like cees posts....he put me on a winner while home sick (i am still home sick...5 days now ) and hopin he will do so again today, as concentrating on horses is very challenging when under the weather.
Keep it up dude, and glad you are doing better, cees.
Old 03-21-2010, 12:50 PM   #13
Light
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomOnTour
If cees is repeating a stupid comment why do you stupidly continue to read it...every time? Seems you would ignore his posts, or does he have something to offer that you find valuable?
You know,this is called a "message board" because it is an exchange of ideas. It does irritate me when I see an experienced capper saying "there is nothing to beat here". They run horses on the track not on paper for a reason.
Old 03-21-2010, 01:07 PM   #14
the little guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light
Why in the world would I ever use an analyst's picks? I finished 23rd in the country in the drf nhc contest last January. That tells me that I know how to handicap better than the vast majority of players. But even if that fact didn't exist, I also know most analysts ROI is in the toilet. I think I have proved that.

Did YOU?

Funny, I thought you weren't even there, and somebody ( obviously not as clever as you....since he doesn't believe in your advice in this thread ) asked for your assistance.

What contest did YOU win to qualify?
Old 03-21-2010, 01:55 PM   #15
46zilzal
velocitician

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light
You know,this is called a "message board" because it is an exchange of ideas. .
most forget that....