Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 11-17-2020, 11:24 PM   #31
Dahoss9698
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilanesp View Post
Yes. In both places. Indeed, I just admitted I got something wrong in the "Terrific Rides" thread. I blamed Jen Pyfer for strategy when she had lost her iron in a race where she got way out in front of the rest of the horses.

A few days ago, on Twitter, I misunderstood a tweet about journalists to be about lawyers, and said something that was totally stupid as a result. And again, I said I was wrong.

Those are just in the last few days. I get stuff wrong all the time.

Here's some more stuff I got wrong:

1. I thought when businesses would be forced to shut back down in the fall and winter, this would include shutting down sports. So I predicted the Derby and BC would not happen. I was wrong. They did.

2. I didn't think that the local California tracks would be able to get the death numbers down by redesigning their dirt tracks. They have done so. (Let's cross our fingers this continues!)

3. I thought Maximum Security would go down the tubes after he switched barns. He isn't quite as good, but he still won a Grade I race for Baffert and is very competitive.

That's just stuff I can think of off the top of my head. Stuff I was dead, dead wrong about. I am sure there is plenty more.

So, no, your supposition that I can't admit I am wrong is incorrect.
You were wrong about NYRA running at Saratoga too.

Looks like Andy was right about the never right stuff. I guess we can put this one to bed now. Good talk.
Dahoss9698 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-17-2020, 11:26 PM   #32
Dahoss9698
Veteran

By the way, I’m not sure I’d say you admitted you were wrong about the Pyfer ride. Although that explains a lot.
Old 11-17-2020, 11:41 PM   #33
dilanesp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahoss9698 View Post
You were wrong about NYRA running at Saratoga too.

Looks like Andy was right about the never right stuff. I guess we can put this one to bed now. Good talk.
1. NYRA running at Saratoga is far more complicated that you are saying. In fact, NYRA made public statements about having live spectators at Saratoga. I was right about that part of it, that live spectators would never fly.

I was, of course, wrong that NYRA would be stupid and reckless enough to force everyone to go up to Saratoga. Given the state of the coronavirus pandemic, including cases in upstate New York, I was not wrong about the morality of this.

2. As for "never right"- how about Tacitus? Not only was I right, but Andy was wrong.

Quote:
By the way, I’m not sure I’d say you admitted you were wrong about the Pyfer ride. Although that explains a lot.
Now this is getting creepy. Are you going to go through all my posts here and parse my mea culpas?

Last edited by dilanesp; 11-17-2020 at 11:43 PM.
dilanesp is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-17-2020, 11:43 PM   #34
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

"Force EVERYONE"
Old 11-17-2020, 11:45 PM   #35
dilanesp

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
"Force EVERYONE"
The decision of NYRA to hold racing at Saratoga meant that many of NYRA's constituents, including many employees and horsemen, were effectively forced to move their operations up to Saratoga for the meet.

Obviously nobody put a gun to their heads. But in the normal parlance of "forced", yeah, it forced them to go.
Old 11-18-2020, 07:09 AM   #36
the little guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
"Force EVERYONE"
He's so clueless. I guess it's just par for the course for him as a lawyer to create false narratives and then carry them forward ad finitum despite all evidence to the contrary.
the little guy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-18-2020, 07:21 AM   #37
Dahoss9698
Veteran

Quote:

Now this is getting creepy. Are you going to go through all my posts here and parse my mea culpas?
Oh the drama. Don’t tempt me though. I asked you if you have ever admitted you were wrong. You said you just admitted you were wrong in the terrific rides thread.

I opened it up and after someone corrected you, your response was “I did not realize that was the explanation.”

I don’t know, that doesn’t seem like someone admitting they were wrong to me. In fact just the opposite. Those are the words of someone who cannot admit they were wrong. I mean all you had to do was watch the race to see she lost an iron. She was bouncing off the saddle for most of the backstretch.
Old 11-18-2020, 07:24 AM   #38
Dahoss9698
Veteran

Quote:

2. As for "never right"- how about Tacitus? Not only was I right, but Andy was wrong.

But you’re not carrying on a feud. Keep telling yourself that.

Last edited by Dahoss9698; 11-18-2020 at 07:26 AM.
Old 11-18-2020, 09:42 AM   #39
dilanesp

Quote:

But you’re not carrying on a feud. Keep telling yourself that.
I am not carrying on anything. I am answering your false posts.

DaHoss: "Everything Serling says about you is correct."

Me: (points out several things that aren't)

DaHoss: "You are wrong! And you are carrying on the feud."

I read you perfectly. You came in here to gaslight.
Old 11-18-2020, 10:06 AM   #40
Dahoss9698
Veteran

Quote:
I am not carrying on anything. I am answering your false posts.

DaHoss: "Everything Serling says about you is correct."

Me: (points out several things that aren't)

DaHoss: "You are wrong! And you are carrying on the feud."

I read you perfectly. You came in here to gaslight.
Now you’re lying and projecting which is always a good look.

You’re mad because I read you perfectly. Since my first post in this thread you keep proving what I am saying is true. If you had any ability to laugh at yourself you would see it. Oh well, I tried.
Old 11-18-2020, 05:36 PM   #41
Nitro

Quote:
Originally Posted by the little guy View Post
Perhaps the greatest moment of unintentional introspection in Internet history.
That's doubtful, but...
Perhaps your comment is just another redundant technique of intentionally derailing another thread.
Nice going!
Nitro is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-18-2020, 07:24 PM   #42
Dahoss9698
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitro View Post
That's doubtful, but...
Perhaps your comment is just another redundant technique of intentionally derailing another thread.
Nice going!
I’m just impressed you were actually able to hit “submit reply” without mentioning Hong Kong. Was it difficult for you?
Old 11-19-2020, 12:43 PM   #43
Nitro

Quote:
I’m just impressed you were actually able to hit “submit reply” without mentioning Hong Kong. Was it difficult for you?
Funny how trivial things can impress small minds.

The only impediment I see are the comments posted by some who have complete disregard for the topic at hand and would rather succumb to making personal inferences about other members. It makes one wonder about the mindset of these type of people.
Nitro is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-19-2020, 01:07 PM   #44
Dahoss9698
Veteran

Quote:

The only impediment I see are the comments posted by some who have complete disregard for the topic at hand and would rather succumb to making personal inferences about other members. It makes one wonder about the mindset of these type of people.
All of that one!
Old 11-20-2020, 09:10 AM   #45
castaway01

Quote:

The fact this statement was made unironically is literally amazing. Like, my mouth is agape and my eyes are saucers. I'm basically a 1940s Looney Tunes character when an attractive woman walks by.
castaway01 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: