Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 11-08-2020, 10:19 AM   #1
MONEY

Fox News and Politicians

The Talking heads at Fox News and Republican politicians are mostly millionaires.
Day after day, they tell us that they have important messages that we must know.
Information that we shouldn't live without.
The Knowledge that they need to spread is vital to the survival of our country.
To get their life saving insight all we have to do is buy their books.

They have outlets on TV, Twitter, Facebook, Radio, and they own websites and/or forums.
But they won't enlighten the rest of us unless we pay for it.

They relentlessly promote their stuff and give hints about what's in their books, but you must buy or die.
To me that's like helping a blind person half way across a busy intersection and then leaving him/her there
unless they cough up some cash to get the rest of the way safely.

Talking heads and politicians are not looking out for you.
Old 11-08-2020, 10:57 AM   #2
lamboguy

ROX News and the rest of them are a joke...the one thing that came out of Trump losing this election is that he will start his own network and spread all the good news on it.
lamboguy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-08-2020, 11:13 AM   #3
MargieRose

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy View Post
ROX News and the rest of them are a joke...the one thing that came out of Trump losing this election is that he will start his own network and spread all the good news on it.
Do you know this as fact, or is it wishful thinking? I sure hope he does. I think it would seriously wound FOX News...I sure hope he does!
MargieRose is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-08-2020, 11:46 AM   #4
lamboguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargieRose View Post
Do you know this as fact, or is it wishful thinking? I sure hope he does. I think it would seriously wound FOX News...I sure hope he does!
when you look at all the people that show up to his rallies and the ratings he has got for the last 15 years and he got almost half the total vote this time around, he's going to do something. more than likely he lost an election that he should of won because of FOX
lamboguy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-08-2020, 11:49 AM   #5
xtb

Fox News is dead to me now. Cutting off Newt Gingrich when he dared to bring up George Soros and now cancelling Jeanine Pirro's show last night because she was going to talk about the election fraud were the last straws for me.
xtb is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-08-2020, 12:24 PM   #6
OntheRail

Do you really believe the Fascist Biden regime's FCC would grant him a broadcast licence?

You hear them already talking its not enough to steal the election... he and his supporters must be punished. Rounded up and re educated or burnt out. Hell they already have lists... I'm sure hcap and MoPo anda few others have already truned this place in.
Old 11-08-2020, 12:58 PM   #7
Greyfox

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtb View Post
Fox News is dead to me now. Cutting off Newt Gingrich when he dared to bring up George Soros and now cancelling Jeanine Pirro's show last night because she was going to talk about the election fraud were the last straws for me.
Jeanine Pirro and Jesse Waters were pre-empted by Biden and Harris premature acceptance speeches.
Greyfox is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-08-2020, 01:37 PM   #8
ElKabong

OAN and Newsmax.Much better
ElKabong is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-08-2020, 01:58 PM   #9
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by MONEY View Post
The Talking heads at Fox News and Republican politicians are mostly millionaires.
Day after day, they tell us that they have important messages that we must know.
Information that we shouldn't live without.
The Knowledge that they need to spread is vital to the survival of our country.
To get their life saving insight all we have to do is buy their books.

They have outlets on TV, Twitter, Facebook, Radio, and they own websites and/or forums.
But they won't enlighten the rest of us unless we pay for it.

They relentlessly promote their stuff and give hints about what's in their books, but you must buy or die.
To me that's like helping a blind person half way across a busy intersection and then leaving him/her there
unless they cough up some cash to get the rest of the way safely.

Talking heads and politicians are not looking out for you.
Not sure Carlson falls into that category...don't remember him ever touting a book he's written or website he runs, on his show...maybe one day.
Old 11-08-2020, 02:05 PM   #10
xtb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyfox View Post
Jeanine Pirro and Jesse Waters were pre-empted by Biden and Harris premature acceptance speeches.
Her show is normally scheduled to repeat at midnight and 3:00am on Sunday. Did it air at those times? The episode originally scheduled for Nov. 7 will never be shown on Fox News. This is not the first time Jeanine Pirro has been put in "time out" by Fox News for reporting on something they did not like her saying. I hope she leaves. Her voice needs to be heard, she is too good for Fox News.
xtb is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-08-2020, 05:09 PM   #11
Mulerider

Quote:
Originally Posted by OntheRail View Post
... he and his supporters must be punished. Rounded up and re educated or burnt out. Hell they already have lists... I'm sure hcap and MoPo anda few others have already truned this place in.
Saw quite a few of those list-makers on Twitter last night. Quite a few were talking Nuremberg-style trials. Every one I came across I volunteered to be put at the top of the list, but got no response.

Soy boys with laptops.
Mulerider is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-08-2020, 06:17 PM   #12
oughtoh

It will be funny when Trump is declared the President.
oughtoh is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-08-2020, 06:24 PM   #13
MargieRose

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
Not sure Carlson falls into that category...don't remember him ever touting a book he's written or website he runs, on his show...maybe one day.
2018 (I've seen him tout this one.)

MargieRose is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-08-2020, 06:36 PM   #14
thaskalos

How ironic that Fox News was the first and only channel to prematurely declare Biden as the Arizona winner.
thaskalos is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-08-2020, 07:05 PM   #15
classhandicapper

Fox has been changing its politics since Roger Ailes was ousted and I believe the younger Murdoch got more power. He leans further left.

The only reason Tucker and Hannity are still on is probably money.

Personally, I think Trump was right on a whole bunch of issues and it was his very toxic personality and that he was trying to overthrow the entire establishment that did him in.

But there’s still a place for someone willing to call the media out for being the lying scumbags they are, wanting to improve relations with Russia so they are on our side against China long term (China is the real economic and political threat), getting energy independent so we don’t get as involved in the Middle East, controlling immigration, renegotiating trade deals that gutted the middle class etc.. We are going to reverse all that now. Back to China raping and pillaging us, war in Syria, wide open borders, saber rattling with Putin, etc..