Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Advance Deposit Wagering (ADW)

Old 12-29-2020, 09:54 AM   #91
River11
Murray KY

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
Who would have thought that it would be that difficult to just make a bet.
You can also open a separate screen by clicking on the "bet pad" button. You're right though, it's crazy how what should be the simplest* path to wager is the most difficult.
River11 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-29-2020, 06:38 PM   #92
Spicemaster

Quote:
After letting my account lapse for several months, I decided to fund it again yesterday...and I started wrestling with their new interface today. Whenever I attempted to place an exotics wager using their new wager tab on the right of the webpage, as soon as I clicked on my first betting selection, a flap documenting my wager would open up from the bottom of the page which covered up almost the entire wager pad...making it impossible for me to proceed with the rest of my bet. the only way I could finish my bet sequence was by carefully scrolling down and viewing the betting choices one horse at a time...and this while using a desktop computer with a 24" monitor. My question is...does anyone here know if this infuriating wager tab could be modified into a workable kind...or should I let my account lapse again?

Does it take geniuses to realize that a wagering company shouldn't make the betting process as difficult as possible for the customer?
thaskalos, please help me understand where you are seeing this flap. On desktop here is what I see when making my first selection. Are you someplace different?

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Exotics.JPG (136.5 KB, 38 views)
Spicemaster is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-29-2020, 07:06 PM   #93
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spicemaster View Post
thaskalos, please help me understand where you are seeing this flap. On desktop here is what I see when making my first selection. Are you someplace different?
I am seeing the same thing, but the wagering pad is smaller and to the right side of the page, because I am watching the video of the races on the left. And when I checkmark a betting selection on the smaller wager pad, a flap opens up from the bottom of the page which blocks out the wager pad almost entirely...making it very difficult for me to continue with the rest of my betting sequence. With the old interface...we could watch the video and also bet on another race at the same time. How can you do that from the page that you are showing me above?
thaskalos is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-29-2020, 07:22 PM   #94
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spicemaster View Post
Another thing, Spicemaster:

I used to watch the replays of the races late into the night...but I can't do that anymore. Now, at about 3:30 AM, all the prior replay information gets shut off, and only the NEXT day's races are referenced on the site. I am accessing the replays by way of the "Handicapping" tab of the interface. Am I doing it wrong?

Last edited by thaskalos; 12-29-2020 at 07:23 PM.
Old 12-29-2020, 07:40 PM   #95
Spicemaster

thaskalos

Quote:
I am seeing the same thing, but the wagering pad is smaller and to the right side of the page, because I am watching the video of the races on the left. And when I checkmark a betting selection on the smaller wager pad, a flap opens up from the bottom of the page which blocks out the wager pad almost entirely...making it very difficult for me to continue with the rest of my betting sequence. With the old interface...we could watch the video and also bet on another race at the same time. How can you do that from the page that you are showing me above?
thaskalos, attached is what I see when selecting video....was yours a full field and blocked off a horse or two?

The other option I see is to click the video tab above the bet tab off and break the video out in a separate window to put it wherever you want it by clicking on the video breakout tab on the main bar, just below the post time.

Hope it helps...

I'll ask about the replays - honestly, never heard of that request before!

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Video.JPG (173.5 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg Video II.JPG (169.0 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg Video Breakout.JPG (41.0 KB, 17 views)
Old 12-29-2020, 07:44 PM   #96
Spicemaster

Quote:
Another thing, Spicemaster:

I used to watch the replays of the races late into the night...but I can't do that anymore. Now, at about 3:30 AM, all the prior replay information gets shut off, and only the NEXT day's races are referenced on the site. I am accessing the replays by way of the "Handicapping" tab of the interface. Am I doing it wrong?
This is what I received from our Support Team on your replays question and they suggested a couple of options:

This is likely tied to the daily tote switchover - you can access previous days by going to Bet Now>Results & Replays, then selecting the desired date with the Calendar button in the top right, and finding the track and race you wish to view in the list that populates once the date is selected. Once you pick the track and race, there will be a button that says “VIDEO” near the top right, and that will give you the replay.

Alternatively, you can go to any race which offers video, then click the button to pop out the video located next to Results tab on program view, and then once the popup loads, you can switch the selector at the top from “Live” to “Replay” and then use the Calendar icon on the left side to select the date, then select the track and race number in the respective drop down menus.
Old 12-31-2020, 02:22 PM   #97
1GCFAN

I like to make small harness bets but no free PP's is a problem. A friend showed me his TVG app and there was an option to drop down and look at previous races. I am thinking of switching just because of that feature and I have been with TWIN since they took over WinTicket.

Spicemaster does TWIN have plans to provide free harness info?

Last edited by 1GCFAN; 12-31-2020 at 02:25 PM.
1GCFAN is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-02-2021, 01:07 PM   #98
Spicemaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1GCFAN View Post
I like to make small harness bets but no free PP's is a problem. A friend showed me his TVG app and there was an option to drop down and look at previous races. I am thinking of switching just because of that feature and I have been with TWIN since they took over WinTicket.

Spicemaster does TWIN have plans to provide free harness info?
Thanks for the question. Because there is a high cost to providing harness past performances (as opposed to our own BRIS Thoroughbred PPs) we limit paying for them for our VIPs who are primarily harness players. If you fall in that category feel free DM me or call into VIP Services.
Old 01-12-2021, 10:57 AM   #99
clicknow

Quote:
Originally Posted by trifecta View Post
What I ended up doing was closing out the video for the race I wanted to bet, then clicking on Classic under Program on the left side of the webpage, and placing exotic wagers from there.

Once you have the video up and running, click on the blue Video button on the right side of the web page to close it out. Then click on Classic on the left. I hate it. It's maddening, but it's the only way I know how to get there.
Nothing like having to open and close stuff (all day long) which includes closing out your video viewer, in order to simply make a wager.

Why would anyone wish to close the video on a race they are wagering, and miss something pertinent while it's closed?

Yes, it's maddening.
clicknow is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-12-2021, 02:58 PM   #100
thaskalos

I can't, for the life of me, understand how anyone out there could think that the new Twinspires interface is an "improvement" over what they were offering there in the past. It used to be that everything you needed was listed on a single page. Now you have to scramble all over the site...and you still can't find what you are looking for.

A total screwup... IMO.
Old 01-23-2021, 01:55 AM   #101
Hosshead
It's A Photo-Ying & Yang

Thanks to everyone for explaining the current affairs at Twin Spires.
I had not bet in a while, just getting back into regular use of the website, and now this !
When trying to Login to TS and go to the Express Page, and couldn't get there, then saw the terrible changes.
I immediately thought, I've got to go to Pace Advantage and find out what the hell is going on !
And PA didn't let me down.

I was a YouBet customer, then TS for years ever since, and always had used the TS Express Page.
But now, it's not an option no matter what drop down box I click on.

So now that it's gone, I WILL have to take All my money out and that's the end of TS for me.
But thanks (to you all) for all the (sad) information about this poorly run ADW.

It's been said here many times,
"Why would they do this to their customers" ?

The answer is easy, They Don't Care What the Customers Want !!
They can tell you how to navigate this new awful interface, but change it back, NEVER !
Do they think that they have enough Whales ,that they don't care about the customers with only $ 1000. deposited ?
I don't know BUT:

The solution is Clear. Take your money out and Run.
To a better ADW that CARES (at least a little) about their clients.

Last edited by Hosshead; 01-23-2021 at 02:08 AM.
Hosshead is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-23-2021, 03:48 PM   #102
River11
Murray KY

One positive I can say about Twin Spires is that the video for Tampa Bay is clearer the DRF Bets.
River11 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: