Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Advance Deposit Wagering (ADW)

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 08-13-2012, 08:03 AM   #1
KJ1956

TVG

I recently left TVG after I have been with them virtually from when they
started 13 years ago in 1999. The ONLY thing that has changed in their technology is the new BETA site. It doesnt even work as good and the old Classic TVG site. Which I use instead because it works better. Just less bells and whistles. I have a new nickname for TVG .The PIED PIPER of horse race betting.
Or better known AS TVG.COM. ALL HYPE NO SUBSTANCE !! WE see where the DOT COM ERA LED TO. The last 3 years that Betfair took over TVG every part of
their programming, customer service and integritity has gone downhill. I dont
know how many times their site has gone down. As if it were not bad enough
they had problems Derby DAY 2011 which is the Cardinal sin of Horseracing.
They have gone down numerous times midweek. I am so sick of the phrase.
Sorry for the inconvienence. BetFair is actually owned by Sports Betting Exchange
Limited who coincidentally incorporated in 1999 the same year TVG started.
I have a strong feeling Bet Fair/Sports Betting Exchange bought TVG to get their foot in the door in US gambling for when legalized online gambling becomes Legal. So they will cut costs and use TVGs name recognition to try to survive with a profit until their main objective. Legal online sports gambling becomes legal. They say you have to be 21 to use their site but, after spending a day in their Forum and hearing some of the posts I highly doubt they have little or no control who gambles on their site. In the computer age
when kids are more computer savvy than adults it doesnt take much to borrow
someone's info to open an account. Not to mention to fund the acount all that is needed is a MoneyPak that anyone can buy. The only time there might be an issue is if there is an unlikely event that a big win happens. Which would be forgiven because of the windfall.
Did I say I left TVG ? I was basically forced out because I had too much original thought and did a massive amount of research.
They still have a whopping $8.41 of my money . They can have it.
Not to mention my account was credited by a certain handicapping company for a cancelled program which TVG made me chase instead of doing the right thing and crediting my account right away. The credit was passed on to TVG
and never passed on to me. I guess that was their game plan all along.
Pass the buck and hope for short term memory loss.
I joined Twin Spires which has no Wagering fees/ no account/video fees/ better video/ free handicapping if you bet on the track from Brisnet. Their free
handicapping they have on Twin Spires express is light years ahead of what TVG has. It shows the life time history of everything the horse has done including workouts. The free handicapping at TVG is the same as it has been since they started. And alot of the time they mix in European and Harness horses in the same pps.
This by no means is a smear campaign against TVG. This is an opinion I came up with after I did a massive amount of research. If you actually like TVG more power to you. In my opinion the British Invasion is only here for one and only reason to take your money. If you want to know what they really think of you check out a British Forum. At least one I saw said no US players.
I cancelled my programming for TVG on Direct TV. I also suggested Direct TV
add HRTV since they already force you to pay for so many useless channels.
I used to have Dish and they had a choice of both TVG and HRTV. I was told by a reliable source that Direct TV was offered HRTV at no cost. Since TVG rarely or ever gives away anything free I doubt they give free programming to Direct TV I can only assume there might be something in the contract that stipulates Direct TV can not add HRTV.
KJ1956 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-13-2012, 09:46 AM   #2
PhantomOnTour
C'est Tout

Join the club...i left TVG about 3yrs ago and i don't regret it.
TwinSpires for me