Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 02-15-2019, 10:54 PM   #1
Lemon Drop Husker
Veteran

25th Amendment: Do You Understand It?

The 25th Amendment was put into law February 10th, 1967.

It was done for the true purpose of replacing a President if:

In Case of the Removal of the President from Office, or of his Death, Resignation, or Inability to discharge the Powers and Duties of the said Office, the Same shall devolve on the Vice President

Those are the very words. If you are too stupid to understand them, then you are too stupid.

Here is the full text of the 25th Amendement:

1. In case of the removal of the President from office or of his death or resignation, the Vice President shall become President.
2. Whenever there is a vacancy in the office of the Vice President, the President shall nominate a Vice President who shall take office upon confirmation by a majority vote of both Houses of Congress.
3. Whenever the President transmits to the President pro tempore of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives his written declaration that he is unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office, and until he transmits to them a written declaration to the contrary, such powers and duties shall be discharged by the Vice President as Acting President.
4. Whenever the Vice President and a majority of either the principal officers of the executive departments or of such other body as Congress may by law provide, transmit to the President pro tempore of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives their written declaration that the President is unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office, the Vice President shall immediately assume the powers and duties of the office as Acting President.
Thereafter, when the President transmits to the President pro tempore of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives his written declaration that no inability exists, he shall resume the powers and duties of his office unless the Vice President and a majority of either the principal officers of the executive department or of such other body as Congress may by law provide, transmit within four days to the President pro tempore of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives their written declaration that the President is unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office. Thereupon Congress shall decide the issue, assembling within forty eight hours for that purpose if not in session. If the Congress, within twenty one days after receipt of the latter written declaration, or, if Congress is not in session, within twenty one days after Congress is required to assemble, determines by two thirds vote of both Houses that the President is unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office, the Vice President shall continue to discharge the same as Acting President; otherwise, the President shall resume the powers and duties of his office.

Now. If you aren't dumber than a post, you know McCabe and the DOJ were meeting (at least once) about this little part of the 25th Amendment:

Whenever the Vice President and a majority of either the principal officers of the executive departments or of such other body as Congress may by law provide, transmit to the President pro tempore of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives their written declaration that the President is unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office, the Vice President shall immediately assume the powers and duties of the office as Acting President.

McCabe and our DOJ, were actually looking to overthrow our POTUS via measures of influence upon the VP via the 25th Amendment.

Could you imagine the outcry if this was going on behind the scenes to unseat Barack Obama as our POTUS?

Yet, Dems says it is warranted cause our current POTUS is mentally ill and incapable of being the POTUS. That is the reasoning. (Along with all the other bullshit of Russia, and that crappy Electoral College thing).

The batshit craziness never ends.

Lemon Drop Husker is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-15-2019, 11:18 PM   #2
JustRalph
Just another Facist

I wonder why he didn’t take it further?
Old 02-16-2019, 01:51 AM   #3
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemon Drop Husker View Post
Yet, Dems says it is warranted cause our current POTUS is mentally ill and incapable of being the POTUS.
The real reason was simple.

She wasn't supposed to lose.
Old 02-16-2019, 02:43 AM   #4
jay68802

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
The real reason was simple.

She wasn't supposed to lose.
jay68802 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-16-2019, 11:38 AM   #5
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

A red card has been handed out to barn32 for an inappropriate image
Old 02-16-2019, 12:16 PM   #6
fast4522

Quote:
A red card has been handed out to barn32 for an inappropriate image
I know whatever triggered your action was correct, but for a historical perspective of what to avoid coud you provide a link for someone who missed this event and someone who put jpegs on your site.
fast4522 is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-16-2019, 12:26 PM   #7
davew

rules don't apply to the leaders of the police state
davew is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-16-2019, 12:27 PM   #8
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast4522 View Post
I know whatever triggered your action was correct, but for a historical perspective of what to avoid coud you provide a link for someone who missed this event and someone who put jpegs on your site.
You'll be fine without the link. Most reasonable adults would have realized well before they hit the submit button that something like that wouldn't stay up...
Old 02-16-2019, 01:41 PM   #9
tucker6

Quote:
You'll be fine without the link. Most reasonable adults would have realized well before they hit the submit button that something like that wouldn't stay up...
Was it a response to my sarcastic reply to his original post which I also see has been removed?
tucker6 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-16-2019, 01:46 PM   #10
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Jeez...it was a picture from the SOTU with Pelosi holding a piece of paper that said "HE BLOWS GOATS"...if you must know.
Old 02-16-2019, 06:07 PM   #11
ultracapper

Man, I wish I could find this little book I read years ago. The story goes Lincoln survives the assassination attempt, Johnson takes over as Prez while Lincoln goes through an extensive rehabilitation period, then Lincoln re assumes the Presidency, being thrown head first into the mess that was Andrew Johnson vs. the United States Congress.

Can't remember who wrote it to save my life. I can't find it anywhere either, and Google isn't bringing it up with some simple searches either.

Maybe I didn't read it. Maybe I imagined it, and now I need to write it.
ultracapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-16-2019, 06:28 PM   #12
FantasticDan
gelding

FantasticDan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-16-2019, 07:52 PM   #13
Mulerider

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultracapper View Post
Man, I wish I could find this little book I read years ago. The story goes Lincoln survives the assassination attempt, Johnson takes over as Prez while Lincoln goes through an extensive rehabilitation period, then Lincoln re assumes the Presidency, being thrown head first into the mess that was Andrew Johnson vs. the United States Congress.

Can't remember who wrote it to save my life. I can't find it anywhere either, and Google isn't bringing it up with some simple searches either.

Maybe I didn't read it. Maybe I imagined it, and now I need to write it.
Sounds like one of Harry Turtledove's alternate-history novels.
Mulerider is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-17-2019, 10:01 AM   #14
classhandicapper

If this wasn't a wildly corrupt country aided and abetted by a morally corrupt mainstream media, McCabe, Brennan, Comey, Rosentein, and a lot of FBI agents would probably be awaiting trial for treason (and potentially be facing execution). In fact, as long we were rounding up criminals in government and the intelligence agencies, we should also be rounding up lying scum journalists.
Old 02-18-2019, 08:15 PM   #15
woodtoo

It seems Andy McCabe has thrown down the gauntlet on Brennan, Comey, Rosenstein, Lynch et al. After watching the 60 Min. interview he seemed to dare DOJ to charge him and he would take them all down with him, but I think they must charge him.

All hell will break out as they turn on each other like rabid dogs.

Out it will come. The wait will be well worth it.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: