Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - Sports

Old 09-29-2023, 04:43 PM   #1
Teach

Dolphins vs. Bills: Revenge

“ATS," O/U," “Spread,” “Hook,” “Steam,” “Juice,” “Dog,” “Alpo,” “Push” “Bad Beat,” “Take the points," "Lay the points,” “Backdoor cover,” etc.

When it comes to sports-betting, the list of terminology could go on and on. Yet when it comes to wagering, there’s one word, one term, one aspect to gambling, particularly on football games, that you rarely hear, that word is: “revenge.”

Moreover, I believe that the the “revenge” factor comes up this week, Week 4, Sunday, October 1st. It involves two AFC East rivals, the Buffalo Bills and the Miami Dolphins. On a personal note: These are the type of games I look for. I seek out. Yes, this Sunday's Bills versus Dolphins' game is, indeed, a “revenge" game.

As I continue, last year (actually this calendar year, the Bills defeated the Dolphins in the wild card game, 34-31). You may remember that in that game the Dolphins had no Tua; he was ruled out because of an early-season concussion. The Dolphins replaced Tua with Skylar Thompson; he’s no Tua. In fact, in that Bills vs. Dolphins wild-card game, Thompson threw for an uninspiring 220 yards, 18 for 45, 1 TD and 2 INTs.

Fast-forward over 7 months, the Dolphins visit Orchard Park. They're coming off a 70-20 shellacking of the Denver Broncos. They became the first NFL team since 1966 to score 70 points in a single game, and the first team in league history to record 350 rushing yards and 350 passing yards in a single game. Dolphins quarterback Tua Tagovailoa currently leads the league in QBR (82.9) after completing 23 of 26 passes for 309 yards and four touchdowns in that contest.

In addition, the Dolphins have Jaylen Waddle back. The Dolphins are, most definitely, coming into Buffalo on a high note.

Furthermore, I’m sure that the Dolphins have comeuppance on their minds.

But now, "here's the rub”: No cold Buffalo weather. No lake-effect snow. Temperatures for this Sunday’s game in “The City of Neighborhoods,” is expected to be in the mid-to-upper 70;s; not quite Miami weather, but close. In a nutshell, the weather in Buffalo should not be a factor.

The last I saw the Bills are - 2.5 favorites. I’ll take the points and bet the Dolphins. The O/U was 53.5. I like “the over.”

Finally, as cited, the Dolphins are "on a roll." They’re undefeated. They're looking to avenge last year’s loss. There’s motivation. There’s a sense of purpose. Yes, there is, most definitely, the "revenge" factor.

"Walt, make a 'mental bet' and lose your mind." R.N.S.

"The important thing is what I think of myself."
"David and Lisa" (1962)

Teach is offline   Reply With Quote Reply