Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 07-14-2015, 08:44 PM   #16
Shemp Howard
Refugee from Bowie

1976 Marlboro Cup at Belmont.

Forego carried 137 lbs on a muddy track.

Grade I winner Honest Pleasure, a confirmed front runner, on the lead all the way carrying 119. Up 1 1/2 lengths at the 1/16 pole

How Forego won it I'll never know.
Shemp Howard is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-14-2015, 09:33 PM   #17
jk3521
Registered Loser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shemp Howard
1976 Marlboro Cup at Belmont.

Forego carried 137 lbs on a muddy track.

Grade I winner Honest Pleasure, a confirmed front runner, on the lead all the way carrying 119. Up 1 1/2 lengths at the 1/16 pole

How Forego won it I'll never know.
The greatest handicap horse of all time !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9G__94-Awg
jk3521 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-14-2015, 10:17 PM   #18
Tor Ekman

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMD4ME
Was a bittersweet moment but I loved screaming to the many make believe horse fans "GO HOME NOW" as soon as Tom Durkin said "Birdstone wins the Belmont Stakes".
That's some job by you encouraging newcomers to become racing fans when the game can use as many people as possible coming back to the track. Quite the ambassador you are!
Tor Ekman is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-14-2015, 10:34 PM   #19
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tor Ekman
That's some job by you encouraging newcomers to become racing fans when the game can use as many people as possible coming back to the track. Quite the ambassador you are!
Read my other post as to why I did that....Maybe if you were me you'd do the same ?

Also, do you know how much of a ribbing they gave me pre race for openly touting that Smarty Would get beat? I think I remember a crowd chanting "Let's go smarty" and in return yes "I screamed back Smarty who?" or something to that effect.

A little pinching of total strangers at a SPORTING EVENT never hurt anyone. As long as it doesn't get violent.

But yes, some of my message was to the once a year drunkards who only used the Belmont as a place to get hammered, get high and make it somewhat dangerous. They probably bet $2 all day. I was glad to have them leave
EMD4ME is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-14-2015, 10:44 PM   #20
Tor Ekman

I'm guessing your eyes are brown because you're so full of shite what with all your sentimental love for this game but yet you are an elitist in that all must be as you deem proper lest you be inconvenienced in your enjoyment of the track experience. Exaggerate all you want about what you witnessed (like fornication in the stairwells) in order to justify your snobbery, but I call bullshit. You're just a race track snob who sees things your way or the wrong way.

Last edited by Tor Ekman; 07-14-2015 at 10:48 PM.
Old 07-14-2015, 10:51 PM   #21
Bigadam119

Quote:
"Smarty Jones enters the stretch to the roar of 120,000"

I though once a horse won the TC, that race wouldn't hurt as much, but it still feels like getting punched in the gut when I re watch it.
Bigadam119 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-14-2015, 11:15 PM   #22
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
I'm guessing you're eyes are brown because you're so full of shite what with all your sentimental love for this game but yet you are an elitist in that all must be as you deem proper lest you be inconvenienced in your enjoyment of the track experience. Exaggerate all you want about what you witnessed (like fornication in the stairwells) in order to justify your snobbery, but I call bullshit. You're just a race track snob who sees things your way or the wrong way.
I was warned by many members on here about how there are many PA posters that are wannabe horse players, envious cowards with no mission to interact-just want to put people down and overall miserable souls.

As an innocent soul, who is 1) a leventi 2) alithinos and 3) full of philotimo I know not of the angle that you take. It is a foreign world to me.

I don't need to prove a thing to you. However, you question me and feel the urge to see if I'm legit and what I say is true...

Give me the date and time, I'll meet you at Belmont any day you'd like. You can witness first hand if every piece of information that I have EVER placed on here is accurate, complete truth and legit. Not through me but through the hundreds of people that we interact with as I walk you through the environment (and yes as a gentelman, I'd buy you a couple of beers as well).

No hard feelings taken, you can't control who you are.

I just ask that you shake my hand, look me in the eye and apologize like a man when and IF you have testicular fortitude to see if your call of bullshit is correct.

P.S. 1) As for your last comment-I am the most open minded person you'll ever meet, when it comes to always making sure I keep my eyes open to learning in any aspect of life. I never say to myself "I know it all, let's not waste time here listening" as THAT is when you start going backwards in life.
1A) Race track snob? Ha, if you ever laid your eyes on me at the track, the last thing you'd ever call ME is a race track snob.
Old 07-14-2015, 11:16 PM   #23
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
I'm guessing your eyes are brown because you're so full of shite what with all your sentimental love for this game but yet you are an elitist in that all must be as you deem proper lest you be inconvenienced in your enjoyment of the track experience. Exaggerate all you want about what you witnessed (like fornication in the stairwells) in order to justify your snobbery, but I call bullshit. You're just a race track snob who sees things your way or the wrong way.
After you give me the date that you're coming down to Belmont, can we please keep this thread on topic?

Attacking me is not the thread title.
Old 07-14-2015, 11:33 PM   #24
Tor Ekman

How do you propose to prove that you witnessed people fornicating in the stairwells??? Really, that was going on just a few feet from your family and cops (who are all over on Belmont Day, especially those first few years after 9-11) did nothing??? I owe you no apology. To the contrary, it is you who should apologize for some of the hyperbole that you spew on this board. You profess to love the game so much but yet feel entitled to be the arbiter of who should be worthy to participate in the game. That's what I meant by your being an elitist. I have no interest in making your acquaintance at the track, never mind tipping a brew with the likes of you.
Old 07-14-2015, 11:37 PM   #25
v j stauffer

Was standing on the apron at Lone Star. Never seen a horse running that fast at the end of a race. Any race. Much less a mile and a quarter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSXs--jTCtM
Old 07-14-2015, 11:56 PM   #26
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
How do you propose to prove that you witnessed people fornicating in the stairwells??? Really, that was going on just a few feet from your family and cops (who are all over on Belmont Day, especially those first few years after 9-11) did nothing??? I owe you no apology. To the contrary, it is you who should apologize for some of the hyperbole that you spew on this board. You profess to love the game so much but yet feel entitled to be the arbiter of who should be worthy to participate in the game. That's what I meant by your being an elitist. I have no interest in making your acquaintance at the track, never mind tipping a brew with the likes of you.
Easy, by asking the usuals what was the most unusual thing they've seen in their many years attending the Belmont stakes. If they speak of a race or don't go in that direction, I won't lead them, you can ask them point blank yourself to find out.

Do you want the same type of 'patrons' who visit Pimlico in the infield next to you on Belmont Stakes day? Ha! I know I don't and THAT does not make me an elitist. It makes me a normal human being.

Have you attended 25 out of the last 27 Belmonts? I have. Have you attended live racing at Belmont since 1983 on a continual basis (3 times a week when they are running live at Belmont)? I have. So therefore, I don't see where I should or COULD be questioned. However, I didn't mind the questioning. I even offered to prove it to you but that wasn't your agenda.

You never had any interest in questioning if what I say is true AND then seeing if it is true.

You're only agenda was to attack, atagonize and put down another poster, regardless if what they say is true.

I always give people the benefit of the doubt, hence my offer to buy you a beer, despite you being what you are. But again, what would you know about human decency.

You have now shown what you're made of. Without knowing you, I see YOU are the one with dark brown eyes and dark brown sclera.

Please go find some other poster to attack and make your self feel better.

I won't be wasting my time with responding to you any more.
Old 07-15-2015, 12:04 AM   #27
appistappis
longshot kick de bucket

it was sort of an encore performance but secretariat's last race at woodbine.
Old 07-15-2015, 12:10 AM   #28
open_question

Loved 'Zapper's Classic! That Lone Star BC was an all-around excellent event.

But perhaps my favorite race--horses, jocks, race call, crowd reaction--is this one: http://youtu.be/4xhrOk7jjTI

Always give me chills, seeing RtR's blaze turn into the stretch and the physicality of Curlin-Albarado/Rags-Velazquez battling to the wire.

Last edited by open_question; 07-15-2015 at 12:12 AM.
open_question is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-15-2015, 12:11 AM   #29
Tor Ekman

More drivel, like your slanderous nonsense about Curlin being on steroids
Old 07-15-2015, 01:34 AM   #30
Robert Fischer
clean money

[QUOTE=PaceAdvantage]

Holy Bull's Woodward

[yt="1994 Woodward Stakes at Belmont"]e-tCGbynWtg[/yt]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillriledup

[YT="Invincible? You bet your ass"]ydT4SRxZT1Y[/YT]
I'm jealous (of these and others posted). Those were some great races to see live.