Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > **TRIPLE CROWN TRAIL**

Old 05-02-2018, 06:46 PM   #16
coachv30

I'm loving VR and Audible as well.

Closing Fractions

VR- 36.3 / 12.1 closing fractions
Audible- 36.4 / 12.2
Magnum Moon- 35.4 / 11.3 going away on the lead. However, Justify should be tough on the lead.

And...you can't discount a horse that won by 18 lengths last out against stakes company in Mendellson, just wish the PP's would show more.

My W/P money will be on VR and Audible with 7,10,14, and 16 in for minor spoils.

Best of Luck all!!
Old 05-02-2018, 06:47 PM   #17
LoneF
Veteran

Speaking of Trainers ...

A few days ago somebody ( can’t remember exactly who but they were a obvious graduate of the Spalding No! school of facts and accuracy ) called me a fool and than proceeded to state how Aiden O’Brien has only won one race on the dirt in his career.

I knew that was false but I wanted to do the research first before I corrected the record since I am such a stickler for having all my facts correct down to the smallest detail.

After a quick glance I see the number 725. That was not career wins, rather that was GRADED stakes wins. ( How many does Mick Ruis have 2 lol ? I believe he has driven more stables to bankruptcy than graded stakes wins but I digress ) I didn’t even bother checking how many thousands upon thousands of career wins he has but I am pretty sure more than 1 of them was on dirt ecspecially since on TVG today I saw him get two dirt wins in random international races.

Luckily I didn’t have to take the time to try and dig and go through all his career races since I glanced down to the next paragraph where they talked about his 14 Breeder Cup wins and 2 of those were on dirt .... So in just Breeder Cup races the one win on dirt propaganda is 100% false.
LoneF is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-02-2018, 07:17 PM   #18
Racetrack Playa
regular user

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneF View Post

Luckily I didn’t have to take the time ......
14 Breeder Cup wins and 2 of those were on dirt .... So in just Breeder Cup races the one win on dirt propaganda is 100% false.
14 seems high.
2001 BC was @ Belmont (Johannesburg won the Juvenile)
What is the other dirt win?

, Back to Pletch,
I figured he would get Calvin to ride something.Guess not.

Last edited by Racetrack Playa; 05-02-2018 at 07:20 PM.
Racetrack Playa is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-02-2018, 07:58 PM   #19
Spalding No!

Quote:
I didn’t even bother checking how many thousands upon thousands of career wins he has but I am pretty sure more than 1 of them was on dirt ecspecially since on TVG today I saw him get two dirt wins in random international races.
The 1 for 50 stat is for dirt races in the United States, not international.

Quote:
Luckily I didn’t have to take the time to try and dig and go through all his career races since I glanced down to the next paragraph where they talked about his 14 Breeder Cup wins and 2 of those were on dirt .... So in just Breeder Cup races the one win on dirt propaganda is 100% false.
The first--and only--BC dirt win for Aiden O'Brien was Mendelssohn's grandsire Johannesburg in the 2001 BC Juvenile.

The "second" main track win was Man Of Iron, son of uber-dam Better Than Honour, in the BC Marathon, a race of dubious quality run on a synthetic surface.

Quote:
After a quick glance I see the number 725. That was not career wins, rather that was GRADED stakes wins. ( How many does Mick Ruis have 2 lol ? I believe he has driven more stables to bankruptcy than graded stakes wins but I digress )
By the way, Mick Ruis owns all his own horses...
Spalding No! is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-02-2018, 07:59 PM   #20
LoneF
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racetrack Playa View Post
14 seems high.
2001 BC was @ Belmont (Johannesburg won the Juvenile)
What is the other dirt win?

, Back to Pletch,
I figured he would get Calvin to ride something.Guess not.
The other dirt win was in 2009 with Man of Iron in the BC Marathon.

Actually 14 may or may not be the correct number. The article said he had 14 wins but when I tried to search for the 14 wins I could only find 12.

BC Turf = 6
BC Turf Juvenile = 4
BC Juvenile = 1
BC Marathon = 1

So not sure if article was a typo or I missed two somewhere when I looked ...
Old 05-02-2018, 08:04 PM   #21
LoneF
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spalding No! View Post
The 1 for 50 stat is for dirt races in the United States, not international.

The first--and only--BC dirt win for Aiden O'Brien was Mendelssohn's grandsire Johannesburg in the 2001 BC Juvenile.

The "second" main track win was Man Of Iron, son of uber-dam Better Than Honour, in the BC Marathon, a race of dubious quality run on a synthetic surface.

By the way, Mick Ruis owns all his own horses...
I don’t think whether the BC Marathon was of dubious quality or not matters since it was a Breeders Cup race. You say that the race was ran on synthetic ... Do you care to expand on that claim ?
Old 05-02-2018, 08:11 PM   #22
Racetrack Playa
regular user

Quote:
I don’t think whether the BC Marathon was of dubious quality or not matters since it was a Breeders Cup race. You say that the race was ran on synthetic ... Do you care to expand on that claim ?
Santa Anita was an artificial track, yup
Dundalk (IRE) is also artificial

Last edited by Racetrack Playa; 05-02-2018 at 08:12 PM.
Racetrack Playa is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-02-2018, 08:22 PM   #23
GMB@BP

Quote:
Do you care to expand on that claim ?
u can watch it yourself

GMB@BP is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-02-2018, 08:48 PM   #24
LoneF
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMB@BP View Post
Ok the race was on synthetic but I am sure I can find one other win on dirt in America.
Old 05-02-2018, 08:54 PM   #25
Racetrack Playa
regular user

Quote:
Ok the race was on synthetic but I am sure I can find one other win on dirt in America.
Good Luck with that.

also _You said Aidan O'Brien had two wins on dirt 2day (international),
I don't think he did.
Old 05-02-2018, 10:08 PM   #26
LoneF
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racetrack Playa View Post
Good Luck with that.

also _You said Aidan O'Brien had two wins on dirt 2day (international),
I don't think he did.
I saw when they flashed the results and in international racing they show the trainer.

Let’s see post time is 6:34 et on Saturday. Mendelssohn usually breaks track records by about 2 seconds so what are we looking at around 1:58 ... so at about 6:36 et I will get back to you about that 2nd win

Oh wait Justify will have to finish before they make the race official. He should be staggering on fumes across the finish line in what about 3:10 .... so I guess it will be about 6:37 et when I get back to you lol
Old 05-02-2018, 10:09 PM   #27
n.c

From Newday

Even after winning three major Kentucky Derby preps, Hall of Fame jockey John Velazquez was in a stressful spot. Which horse would give him his best chance for a second consecutive Derby win and a third overall?

Soon after taking the Wood Memorial on Vino Rosso on April 7, Velazquez picked that colt over Florida Derby champion Audible and Louisiana Derby winner Noble Indy. Audible is 4-for-5 lifetime, Noble Indy 3-for-4, and Vino Rosso 3-for-5.

“I believe he can get the [1¼-mile] distance,” Velazquez said after working him out Friday at Churchill Downs. “It was the distance I was looking for. It wasn’t an easy choice. They’re all good horses.

“I like the way Vino Rosso works in the mornings, and the way he gallops out better than the other two. He just keeps coming.”

Last edited by n.c; 05-02-2018 at 10:10 PM.
n.c is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-02-2018, 10:21 PM   #28
CincyHorseplayer

Quote:
I saw when they flashed the results and in international racing they show the trainer.

Let’s see post time is 6:34 et on Saturday. Mendelssohn usually breaks track records by about 2 seconds so what are we looking at around 1:58 ... so at about 6:36 et I will get back to you about that 2nd win

Oh wait Justify will have to finish before they make the race official. He should be staggering on fumes across the finish line in what about 3:10 .... so I guess it will be about 6:37 et when I get back to you lol
On that last paragraph I hope you are absolutely right. We need a break!
CincyHorseplayer is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-02-2018, 10:36 PM   #29
LoneF
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.c View Post
Even after winning three major Kentucky Derby preps, Hall of Fame jockey John Velazquez was in a stressful spot. Which horse would give him his best chance for a second consecutive Derby win and a third overall?

Soon after taking the Wood Memorial on Vino Rosso on April 7, Velazquez picked that colt over Florida Derby champion Audible and Louisiana Derby winner Noble Indy. Audible is 4-for-5 lifetime, Noble Indy 3-for-4, and Vino Rosso 3-for-5.

“I believe he can get the [1¼-mile] distance,” Velazquez said after working him out Friday at Churchill Downs. “It was the distance I was looking for. It wasn’t an easy choice. They’re all good horses.

“I like the way Vino Rosso works in the mornings, and the way he gallops out better than the other two. He just keeps coming.”
So the jockey tells the trainer who he is going to ride ? lol

I would think JV needs Pletcher much more than the other way around. There are MANY jockeys who are younger and in their prime unlike JV who would jump at the chance to be the go to guy for Pletcher massive operation. Jockeys on the other hand are a dime a dozen !!

Either way after the post draw I bet he could take his choice back ...
Old 05-02-2018, 10:38 PM   #30
LoneF
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CincyHorseplayer View Post
On that last paragraph I hope you are absolutely right. We need a break!
LOL