Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Handicapping Software > HandiFast Handicapping Software

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 4.71 average.
Old 11-05-2012, 11:14 AM   #256
DeltaLover

Thanks, this link does not answer my question though... I would like to know what are the data you are presenting, what they are expressing, if and how they are normalized, what is their source (meaning is a simple drf file enough or we need a database or some downloads of some custom figures in a daily base ) and how it could have been possible to use them to a betting simulator to have an idea about their performance...
DeltaLover is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-05-2012, 11:18 AM   #257
raybo
EXCEL with SUPERFECTAS

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaLover
Thanks, this link does not answer my question though... I would like to know what are the data you are presenting, what they are expressing, if and how they are normalized, what is their source (meaning is a simple drf file enough or we need a database or some downloads of some custom figures in a daily base ) and how it could have been possible to use them to a betting simulator to have an idea about their performance...
I'll send you some documentation on the RS program, by email. But, I need your email address, as you have selected to not allow emailing you from this forum. Send your email to: rbaker0527@gmail.com

Excel Spreadsheet Handicapping Forum

Charter Member: Horseplayers Association of North America

Last edited by raybo; 11-05-2012 at 11:20 AM.
raybo is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-05-2012, 12:05 PM   #258
DeltaLover

please check your PM
DeltaLover is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-05-2012, 12:25 PM   #259
raybo
EXCEL with SUPERFECTAS

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaLover
please check your PM
Got it, and sent you an email. Let me know if you have any further questions.

Old 11-09-2012, 11:37 PM   #260
raybo
EXCEL with SUPERFECTAS

Well, Delta Downs picked up right where it left off last meet. So far, the RS primary black box method is at 1.58 ROI, with 39 races played from 12 cards.

I've been waiting for this meet since the OP meet ended, RS handled both tracks, in their last meets, extremely well.

Delta is pretty settled down now, so I'll be playing it every day it runs, starting next week!

Good luck to those of you who have discovered this little track, with the big payouts!!

PS: OP starts Jan 12th!!

Old 11-17-2012, 01:49 PM   #261
raybo
EXCEL with SUPERFECTAS

DeD update

Here's the summary report for DeD thus far in the meet, through Nov 15th. I'm also posting the big hit Thursday night.

Attached Images
File Type: png DeD 11-15-2012 FWC- 5to2 Record Keeping summary.png (27.5 KB, 72 views)
File Type: png DeD 11-15-2012 FWC played races.png (17.3 KB, 54 views)

Old 12-08-2012, 03:07 PM   #262
raybo
EXCEL with SUPERFECTAS

Basic Excel tutorial

I'm starting a basic Excel tutorial, for those of you who have no knowledge of Excel, or have limited knowledge of Excel. At present, the tutorial is on my forum, because it would take up a whole bunch of space here (screenshots and explanations, etc.) and I'm not sure Mike (PA) would like that. But, I could do it here just as easily.

There are many Excel tutorials on the web, but the ones I have seen assume the reader is not a beginner. My tutorial will assume no knowledge, other than being able to open Excel on your computer. You can also post questions and suggestions directly in the tutorial thread, unlike the online tutorials.

Old 12-08-2012, 07:19 PM   #263
keenang

When is it going to start?

Thanks Gene
keenang is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-08-2012, 07:21 PM   #264
raybo
EXCEL with SUPERFECTAS

Gene,

I've already started it.

Old 12-08-2012, 07:43 PM   #265
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by raybo
I'm starting a basic Excel tutorial, for those of you who have no knowledge of Excel, or have limited knowledge of Excel. At present, the tutorial is on my forum, because it would take up a whole bunch of space here (screenshots and explanations, etc.) and I'm not sure Mike (PA) would like that.
Don't mind at all...
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-09-2012, 12:21 PM   #266
raybo
EXCEL with SUPERFECTAS

Very cool Mike!! I'll post a few screenshots to start and you can look at the overhead, regarding server space, etc., and let me know.

Old 12-09-2012, 12:45 PM   #267
raybo
EXCEL with SUPERFECTAS

Basic Excel tutorial

I'm going to start a basic Excel tutorial, for those who have either not used Excel before, or have limited knowledge of Excel. I will start with the basics and progress to more advanced usage in the future. If you have questions please post them in this thread.

The first screenshot shows the basic objects in Excel, and most spreadsheet applications. These are the basic building blocks used in the creation of spreadsheets. You'll learn how to use them as we go on.

Attached Images
File Type: png a1 - basic objects.png (64.0 KB, 94 views)

Old 12-09-2012, 01:13 PM   #268
raybo
EXCEL with SUPERFECTAS

Using cells

Cells are used as storage for text, numbers, formulas (which can be used to reference other cells, perform mathematical calculations, etc..). The contents of cells can be very simple or very complex, and can display things in many different formats, like dates and times (in a variety of date and times styles), fractional numbers, decimal numbers, currencies (in a variety of styles), percentages, etc..

We can manually enter values in cells or they can be copied and pasted into them, or they can come from other cells by referencing those cells, and they can be entered by the use of macros, either recorded macros or hand written macros (programming code recognized by Excel which perform certain actions on certain cells, etc., by simply running the recorded or written macro, which allows the automation of repetitive tasks and things that can't be accomplished in other ways)

Let's start the use of cells by typing a number in one. Just left click a cell and type a number in it, then enter it via the "Enter" key on your keyboard, or, by clicking a green checkmark that appears to the left of the text/formula bar.

Attached Images
File Type: png a2 - typing a number in a cell.png (35.2 KB, 87 views)

Last edited by raybo; 12-09-2012 at 01:14 PM.
Old 12-09-2012, 01:48 PM   #269
raybo
EXCEL with SUPERFECTAS

Using cell values

Now that we have entered a value in a cell, let's enter another value, in another cell, and then use those 2 values to get another value, in another cell. So, we'll enter another number on cell "B1" and then perform an addition calculation of the values in cell A1 and B1, and show that addition result, or sum, in cell "D1".

Attached Images
File Type: png a3 - Adding 2 values together.png (32.7 KB, 85 views)

Old 12-09-2012, 01:54 PM   #270
raybo
EXCEL with SUPERFECTAS

Here's the result of the formula I entered in cell D1.

Attached Images
File Type: png a4 - A1 and B1 summed in D1.png (26.9 KB, 82 views)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: