Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 09-08-2018, 08:36 AM   #16
woodtoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whosonfirst View Post
Mostie, You've obviously never heard Obama speak off the top of his head. Lots of Uh's and ah's, and incoherent stuff that makes little sense. The above were all written speeches(not by him), and he perfectly recited them with the flourish and pauses of a skilled actor. Trump does everything off the top of his head, which is pretty obvious. During my lifetime, only Clinton and early Reagan were good to great ex temporaneous speakers.
Thank you this is exactly what I was thinking. Its really not that hard to read a well written speech but to speak on the spot to a roaring crowd of thousands is infinitely more difficult.
woodtoo is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-08-2018, 09:06 AM   #17
porkchop

Statesman remember the apology tour , food stamps , most manufactoring job will never return , GDP never reaching 2.5 , obamacare where you had to pay if you didnt want or could afford it , interfering with an american election from within , bengazi lies it was a movie , red line in syria , whos the clown ?????
porkchop is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-08-2018, 09:27 AM   #18
davew

Quote:
Originally Posted by porkchop View Post
Statesman remember the apology tour , food stamps , most manufactoring job will never return , GDP never reaching 2.5 , obamacare where you had to pay if you didnt want or could afford it , interfering with an american election from within , bengazi lies it was a movie , red line in syria , whos the clown ?????
when the party has nothing left, no platform, and just a Hail Mary, It is time to send in the clown.

davew is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-08-2018, 09:42 AM   #19
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whosonfirst View Post
Mostie, You've obviously never heard Obama speak off the top of his head. Lots of Uh's and ah's, and incoherent stuff that makes little sense. The above were all written speeches(not by him), and he perfectly recited them with the flourish and pauses of a skilled actor. Trump does everything off the top of his head, which is pretty obvious. During my lifetime, only Clinton and early Reagan were good to great ex temporaneous speakers.

With Obama even if you asked him what he had for lunch you would get what sounded like a rehearsed answer. The guy is as phony as a $3 bill.

Last edited by Inner Dirt; 09-08-2018 at 09:46 AM.
Inner Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-08-2018, 10:48 AM   #20
reckless
Veteran

Let's see, Obama's speech was well... typically Obama, depending mostly on a compliant media that allowed his ramblings and lies to go unchecked; and, he depends on his brain dead followers and acolytes to nod in approval like lemmings. Typical Obama.

So here is what I suggest since Barry says he's getting involved in this Nov. election.

Trump is 'on' the ballot come this fall, and will be on the ballot in 2020, 2022, and 2024.

Its Trump and America versus Obama, Hillary, Bubba Bill, the Bushies, the EU...

We'll see who America wants and who America reject(s)ed.

A reminder to all the lunatics, Trump bashers and simply naive:

Obama's economy never touched 3 percent and averaged less than 2 percent in his 8 years; Trump's economy has grown to where we may hit 5 percent this year.

Obama as leader and face of the Democrats, lost some 1100-1300 seats in all offices throughout the country. Enough said to all you political geniuses out there.

TRUMP vs obama. Bring it on barry.
reckless is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-08-2018, 11:24 AM   #21
mostpost

Quote:
Originally Posted by porkchop View Post
The apology tour which never happened is better than the insult tour the current clown is engaged in. Food stamps use went up because of the Bush Great Recession. The economy has changed, stop living in the past. The wagon wheel business is also terrible.
There were three years during the Obama administration where GDP growth was 2.5 or higher so that is B.S.
Obamacare was designed so you could afford it with the subsidies. Republicans dishonestly quoted premiums without the subsidies. No surprise there.
I WILL ASK AGAIN. What specific actions did the DNC take that caused Bernie Sanders to lose the nomination.
The only Benghazi lies were told by Republicans.
Trump is the clown. All he is lacking is the rdnose and the seltzer bottle.
Old 09-08-2018, 11:46 AM   #22
woodtoo

74% of Republican are extremely proud to be American.
32% of Democrats are extremely proud to be American.

The division is not between the two party's but rather your love of country.
Old 09-08-2018, 11:48 AM   #23
woodtoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by mostpost View Post
I WILL ASK AGAIN. What specific actions did the DNC take that caused Bernie Sanders to lose the nomination.
Wakey wakey
Old 09-08-2018, 11:59 AM   #24
porkchop

They got rid of bernie and we got rid of clinton what a great night election night was :headban ger:
porkchop is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-08-2018, 12:23 PM   #25
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodtoo View Post
74% of Republican are extremely proud to be American.
32% of Democrats are extremely proud to be American.
50% of all Americans are torsos.
Old 09-08-2018, 12:36 PM   #26
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Obamacare was designed so you could afford it with the subsidies. Republicans dishonestly quoted premiums without the subsidies. No surprise there.

I think you need to think about what you wrote. The premium and the subsidy are two different things, and not everyone qualifies for the subsidy.
Talk about being dishonest, try looking in the mirror.
Inner Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-08-2018, 01:02 PM   #27
metro

Quote:
Obama at Urbana
I’m here today because this is one of those pivotal moments when every one of us as citizens of the United States need to determine just who it is that we are. Just what it is that we stand for. And as a fellow citizen — not as an ex-president, but as a fellow citizen — I’m here to deliver a simple message, and that is that you need to vote because our democracy depends on it.

Trump in Billings
Now I'm you know a victim of that too but I'm sort of getting used to it. At least it's my job. I was going to say I'm a politician. I never thought I was going to say I'm a politician. Could you believe I'm I guess I'm a politician. You know I guess I'm a politician because I didn't want to say that one of the few times I just said yeah I'm a politician.

Obama at Urbana
Out of the turmoil of the Industrial Revolution and the Great Depression, America adapted a new economy, a 20th century economy, guiding our free market with regulations to protect health and safety and fair competition, empowering workers with union movements, investing in science and infrastructure and educational institutions like U of I, strengthening our system of primary and secondary education, and stitching together a social safety net. All of this led to unrivaled prosperity and the rise of a broad and deep middle class and the sense that if you worked hard, you could climb the ladder of success.

Trump in Billings
And the Democrats and liberals and deep state there were very upset to hear that. So they got tougher and tougher and they lied more and they write more books now. I've never seen a book. This is actually the ones that are really good are number one two and three on the bestseller list right. The one ones the really good ones by justice.

Obama at Urbana
Not everyone was included in this prosperity. There was a lot more work to do. And so in response to the stain of slavery and segregation and the reality of racial discrimination, the civil rights movement not only opened new doors for African-Americans but also opened up the floodgates of opportunity for women and Americans with disabilities and LGBT Americans and others to make their own claims to full and equal citizenship.

Trump in Billings
But but think of it. So I beat the Republicans governors senators. I beat the Bush dynasty respect. I beat Hillary who stole it from Bernie. Bernie should have won but that's OK. They stole the superdelegates. How do you like superdelegates. But she's got super delegates that were handed to her. Bernie should be angry.

Obama at Urbana
Of course, there’s always been another darker aspect to America’s story. Progress doesn’t just move in a straight line. There’s a reason why progress hasn’t been easy and why throughout our history every two steps forward seems to sometimes produce one step back. Each time we painstakingly pull ourselves closer to our founding ideals, that all of us are created equal, endowed by our Creator with certain inalienable rights, the ideals that say every child should have opportunity and every man and woman in this country who’s willing to work hard should be able to find a job and support a family and pursue their small peace of the American dream, ideals that say we have a collective responsibility to care for the sick and the and we have a responsibility to conserve the amazing bounty, the natural resources of this country and of this planet for future generations — each time we’ve gotten closer to those ideals, somebody somewhere has pushed back.

Trump in Billings
You know I would think if that happened every time a Republican or a Democrat opposite got elected president. So let's say a Democrat gets elected someday hopefully it's a long time but let's say a Democrat gets elected and let's say we have a Republican House. We (want to impeach) that Democrat. Right. And then Republican we won by a lot.

Obama at Urbana
those at the top of the economic pyramid have been able to influence government to skew things even more in their direction.
Cutting taxes on the wealthiest Americans, unwinding regulations and weakening worker protections, shrinking the safety net. So you have come of age during a time of growing inequality, a fracturing of economic opportunity. And that growing economic divide compounded other divisions in our country. Regional, racial, religious, cultural. And made it harder to build consensus on issues. It made politicians less willing to compromise, which increased gridlock, which made people even more cynical about politics. And then the reckless behavior of financial elites triggered a massive financial crisis.

Trump in Billings
You are just voting for a candidate you're voting for which party controls Congress very important very important thing. I don't even bring it up because I view it as something that you know would you like to use the Impeach word impeach Trump Maxine Waters we will impeach him. But he didn't do anything wrong.
It doesn't matter we will impeach we will impeach but I say How do you impeach somebody that's doing a great job that hasn't done anything wrong. Our economy is good. How do we. But he's doing a great job. Does it matter. Remember that line he's doing a great job. That doesn't matter. We'll impeach him. It is a hell of a place in Washington.

Obama at Urbana
With each new law that helps a kid read or helps a homeless family find shelter or helps a veteran get the support he or she has earned, each time that happens hope happens. With each new step we take in the direction of fairness and justice and equality and opportunity, hope spreads. And that can be the legacy of your generation.
You can be the generation that at a critical moment stood up and reminded us just how precious this experiment in democracy really is, just how powerful it can be when we fight for it, when we believe in it. I believe in you. I believe you will help lead us in the right direction, and I will be right there with you every step of the way. Thank you, Illinois. God bless you. God bless this country we love.

I think you can figure out who is the statesman and who is the clown. No, of course you can't. Obama is the statesman; Trump is the clown.

Housekeeping:

The Trump quotes come from: https://factba.se/transcript/donald-...ptember-6-2018

The Obama quotes come from: https://www.vox.com/policy-and-polit...ois-transcript

Full disclosure: The trump transcript was created by a robot.
Deeds not words.
metro is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-08-2018, 01:36 PM   #28
letswastemoney

Eloquently spoken words do not make a good President. What the man actually does as President is what counts.

Obama is crap.
letswastemoney is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-08-2018, 03:23 PM   #29
mostpost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt View Post
I think you need to think about what you wrote. The premium and the subsidy are two different things, and not everyone qualifies for the subsidy.
Talk about being dishonest, try looking in the mirror.
One of the main reasons premiums went up is that the Republican Congress refused to release the funds for the reinsurance program. Obamacare anticipated that there would be some insurance companies which would suffer losses because they had an excess of older, more sick clients. Insurance companies paid a "Tax". From that revenue companies which lost money on Obamacare policies were supposed to be compensated. I think the program was set up to sunset after three years. Congress never paid that money out and companies had no choice but to raise premiums.

Another problem was short sighted people, mostly Republicans who refused to get insurance. One of the weaknesses of Obamacare is that the penalty for not getting coverage was too small. The penalty should have been an average of the yearly cost of a bronze plan in your area, increasing by ten percent each year.
Old 09-08-2018, 04:09 PM   #30
fast4522

No penalty for 2019, without a tax inside the ACA it becomes 100% unconstitutional period.
fast4522 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply