Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 09-07-2018, 06:06 PM   #61
burnsy
self medicated

Quote:
Originally Posted by davew View Post
their international market is larger than US, and they will pick up buyers from the 'hate america' crowd around the world.

Wrong, they know their demo is not 50 yo white folk. Young people buy most of their stuff. They don't actually give a shit what the "old" folk demo thinks. Probably burnt the first pair, that one video looks produced. They already got 162 million $ in free air time. Whatever they give Kapper is piss in the bucket. They realize and know they will take an initial hit on the stock. But people that really understand economics can see long term and understand what a business cycle is. As it drops the biggies will buy more and make a fortune when it bounces back. See, people with money and fore sight know exactly how to play the public. People are so emotional (no logic) and follow that....it makes it easy for these companies. Even easier on big time investors.

Hey, don't burn you Ford truck, I'll take it. I really like F-150's and Rangers.

https://thegrio.com/2018/09/06/ford-...ice-brutality/

I don't understand how people can be so naïve that they don't think there are not actuaries and economist that measure this shit out before hand. They can literally piss money away to figure these things out BEFORE THEY MOVE ON IT.

Yuck, yuck, gee, they are done . yeah right, genius they anticipated none of this in advance...……..people are unbelievable to think this crap is not premeditated.

Last edited by burnsy; 09-07-2018 at 06:12 PM.
burnsy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-08-2018, 12:32 PM   #62
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnsy View Post

I don't understand how people can be so naïve that they don't think there are not actuaries and economist that measure this shit out before hand. They can literally piss money away to figure these things out BEFORE THEY MOVE ON IT.

Yuck, yuck, gee, they are done . yeah right, genius they anticipated none of this in advance...……..people are unbelievable to think this crap is not premeditated.
Gee, ya think they really know more than Internet kibitzers?

Quote:
Nike’s selection of Colin Kaepernick as one of the new faces of the company has certainly brought media attention and controversy, but it’s also having a noticeable effect on the bottom line.

A new report from Edison Trends says Nike’s online sales grew 31% from Sunday through Tuesday of Labor Day weekend this year. That’s notably better than last year’s 17% seasonal increase.

“There was speculation that the Nike/Kaepernick campaign would lead to a drop in sales but the data does not support that theory,” the company said in a statement.

The report does not factor in brick-and-mortar sales.
http://fortune.com/2018/09/07/nike-c...pernick-sales/
Old 09-08-2018, 12:36 PM   #63
barahona44

Location: Diez meses en Port St. Lucie, FL; two months in the Dominican Republic
Quote:
Wrong, they know their demo is not 50 yo white folk. Young people buy most of their stuff. They don't actually give a shit what the "old" folk demo thinks. Probably burnt the first pair, that one video looks produced. They already got 162 million $ in free air time. Whatever they give Kapper is piss in the bucket. They realize and know they will take an initial hit on the stock. But people that really understand economics can see long term and understand what a business cycle is. As it drops the biggies will buy more and make a fortune when it bounces back. See, people with money and fore sight know exactly how to play the public. People are so emotional (no logic) and follow that....it makes it easy for these companies. Even easier on big time investors.

Hey, don't burn you Ford truck, I'll take it. I really like F-150's and Rangers.

I agree with your conclusions but market research isn't perfect.Otherwise, New Coke, the Edsel and quadraphonic stereo sound never would have gotten off the ground.

Fleetwood Mac, Oh Well, Part 1 (1969)
barahona44 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-08-2018, 07:04 PM   #64
MutuelClerk

Quote:

Agree.
MutuelClerk is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-09-2018, 11:53 AM   #65
upthecreek

upthecreek is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-10-2018, 02:26 PM   #66
upthecreek

upthecreek is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-10-2018, 02:34 PM   #67
woodtoo

Colin Kaepernick sacrificed nothing. He is fake.
woodtoo is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-11-2018, 04:18 AM   #68
GaryG
Unreconstructed

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodtoo View Post
The best thing he could do is to sacrifice his loony girl friend.
Old 09-11-2018, 09:32 AM   #69
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodtoo View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryG View Post
The best thing he could do is to sacrifice his loony girl friend.

That is the source of all his problems, he was just a quite introvert till he hooked up with her left wing radical self. He is just the ventriloquist dummy she speaks through.
Inner Dirt is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-14-2018, 11:59 AM   #70
FantasticDan
gelding

FantasticDan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-14-2018, 12:59 PM   #71
HalvOnHorseracing

Quote:
Originally Posted by highnote View Post
Donald Trump wrote in his book Art of the Deal: "Bad publicity is better than no publicity."

The executives at Nike know exactly what they're doing.
Actually Trump's statement was a takeoff on a quote from a guy named Brendan Behan quite a while back who said, the only bad publicity was an obituary notice.
HalvOnHorseracing is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-20-2018, 07:41 PM   #72
burnsy
self medicated

Yup, it was a liberal move...….. That's what they are (Corporations) loyal to, not the $$$$$$$$. The American people are easy to manipulate in this whack political atmosphere. All run by emotion. The word is they are going out of business. Give me a break mouth breather, They know what works. For all the people that hated it.....the inner cities are eating this up. Shit selling out and they are laughing at the fools burning shit. Hey, when you go to the North Pole......wanna buy some ice cubes???

https://www.wsj.com/articles/nike-le...ers-1537444800

Oh yeah....its killing them.
burnsy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-21-2018, 10:28 AM   #73
metro

Time will tell what the Capernick ad does to Nike's bottom line. Akin to the In N Out boycott, for every Nike shoe burned on emotion there was an emotion on the other side to buy the shit up.

With the holiday season around the corner Nike's 4th quarter results will be the most telling barometer.
metro is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-21-2018, 10:40 AM   #74
elysiantraveller

I don't think they really care. We aren't the target demographic. I don't buy anything Nike... my workout stuff is Under Armor and my hunting gear is Orvis and LL Bean. That's just what I buy.

This decision won't have any impact on me... if Nike makes something I want to try out I'll buy it if they don't I won't.

A minority person though may find it to be a sensitive issue and buys more of their merchandise because of decision.

They test all of this stuff out in marketing surveys before they make their decision.
elysiantraveller is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-21-2018, 10:44 AM   #75
woodtoo

Kaepernikes agent says he will sign next week with New England Patriots.
woodtoo is offline   Reply With Quote Reply