Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Handicapping Software

Old 02-05-2018, 02:12 PM   #61
Appy

I signed up and purchased VC when it came out, and found a lot to like about it. Unfortunately soon after I was suddenly overwhelmed with personal responsibilities (24 hour care for my 92 yr old, blind, mentally deficient WWII vet dad) so I could not, at this time, afford to pursue the interest and had to return it for the time being.
IMO Pizzolla's staff is second to none. They have always answered my questions in timely, courteous, and efficient fashion, and even completed process of my refund with unexpected speed.

One thing about VC I did NOT like is like Mike says, it only works with PTD pps. They are not a bad pp at all, but they do omit a lot of statistical info I have learned to depend on in terms of connections, sirelines, etc. Due to that same complaint I will not agree to the statement VC is "the best" software program available. But like I said, I found lots of things about the program and in the 201 vids that I did find valuable.
Old 02-05-2018, 05:16 PM   #62
lefty359

I just viewed the 4th video on Pizzola's site and a link to order Value Capper and the cost was $1700.
lefty359 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-27-2018, 07:29 AM   #63
mhaney0423

The Valuecapper software has worked quite well for me, albeit there was a steep learning curve (about 1 year before I was semi proficient) probably due to the fact that I was new to the valuecapping approach and I had not tried the previous Black Magic software. Michael offers a ton of instructional videos and is quick to respond via email to answer any questions.
I attach my twinspires account history here since August 1. I have made a decent profit by simply 10$ win betting, more study is needed but the results seem pretty consistent so far.

TS_DetailAccHist_2018-08-01to2018-09-25.xlsx
mhaney0423 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-27-2018, 08:13 PM   #64
coachv30

$1700??? Is this software that good to warrant that kinda price? What does it have/do to make it worth 100+ times other handicapping software. Not being a jerk here but I've never heard anyone tout about software that costs that much $$$.
Old 09-28-2018, 11:03 AM   #65
mhaney0423

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachv30 View Post
$1700??? Is this software that good to warrant that kinda price? What does it have/do to make it worth 100+ times other handicapping software. Not being a jerk here but I've never heard anyone tout about software that costs that much $$$.

I was not so much touting this software over another, just simply stating my opinion and showing a few months worth of results. What a program has to do to be worth that much to me is
#1) Be profitable
#2) Make my job of handicapping very simple.

Valuecapper does both for me, maybe another program does the same for someone else, but I had used all the cheaper and free programs at one time or another and had very mixed results. With valuecapper I spend between 20-40 minutes total time handicapping every race run for a day, and I may spend 10-15 additional minutes looking after scratches. That in my mind makes it pretty simple and very valuable as I have little time to study races.

And I did not take your response as you being a jerk, it is a good question, one I asked myself often back to the black magic days which was also >$1000, I never pulled the trigger on that one because I couldn't get past the cost.

Best,

Matt H
Old 09-29-2018, 12:07 AM   #66
lefty359

ValueCapper Results

I would like to see a few months results from VC. I didn't see them. Where can I find them?
lefty359 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-29-2018, 12:26 AM   #67
cato
Irrationally exuberant

It's not a black box...so i don't think you'll find results anywhere.

It helps manage information and puts out a betting line but each user can manipulate the pace scenario and choice of pace lines,which impact the betting line.

The software has defaults for pace scenarios and pacelines but sometimes you just have to make your own calls on those items.

I think they offer a 90 day full refund program (be sure to confirm the terms) so if people are interested they can do that-- and just be sure to calendar the 90 days!

Cheers, Frank
cato is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-29-2018, 07:40 AM   #68
TexasDolly

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhaney0423 View Post
The Valuecapper software has worked quite well for me, albeit there was a steep learning curve (about 1 year before I was semi proficient) probably due to the fact that I was new to the valuecapping approach and I had not tried the previous Black Magic software. Michael offers a ton of instructional videos and is quick to respond via email to answer any questions.
I attach my twinspires account history here since August 1. I have made a decent profit by simply 10$ win betting, more study is needed but the results seem pretty consistent so far.

Attachment 23096
I noticed a number of increases in the balance when no win was credited and wondered how that happened in your account file ? Did you deposit additional money ?
Thank you,
TD
TexasDolly is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-29-2018, 07:45 AM   #69
mhaney0423

Quote:
Originally Posted by cato View Post
It's not a black box...so i don't think you'll find results anywhere.

It helps manage information and puts out a betting line but each user can manipulate the pace scenario and choice of pace lines,which impact the betting line.

The software has defaults for pace scenarios and pacelines but sometimes you just have to make your own calls on those items.

I think they offer a 90 day full refund program (be sure to confirm the terms) so if people are interested they can do that-- and just be sure to calendar the 90 days!

Cheers, Frank
Hi Lefty,

Frank is absoluely correct, the program does not just give you one or two horses or even a few races to bet. It is completely up to you based upon the line given and the various other factors who to bet and when.
I attached my results using the program for two months in a post above, but anyone elses results would be completely different.
I will say that I have had the program for a year, and in the beginning, although I hit a few bombs, ultimately I was losing money by betting too many races. Once I took the time to watch all of the 100s of instructional videos included, I have been able maintain a positive return for several months. More study is needed as it could easily turn south. I will update again towards the end of October

Best,
Mh
Old 09-29-2018, 09:16 AM   #70
TexasDolly

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhaney0423 View Post
Hi Lefty,

Frank is absoluely correct, the program does not just give you one or two horses or even a few races to bet. It is completely up to you based upon the line given and the various other factors who to bet and when.
I attached my results using the program for two months in a post above, but anyone elses results would be completely different.
I will say that I have had the program for a year, and in the beginning, although I hit a few bombs, ultimately I was losing money by betting too many races. Once I took the time to watch all of the 100s of instructional videos included, I have been able maintain a positive return for several months. More study is needed as it could easily turn south. I will update again towards the end of October

Best,
Mh
I am curious as to why you didn't reply to my post # 68 that dealt with increases in the bankroll with no winners shown ?
Thank you,
TD
TexasDolly is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-29-2018, 11:44 AM   #71
mhaney0423

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasDolly View Post
I am curious as to why you didn't reply to my post # 68 that dealt with increases in the bankroll with no winners shown ?
Thank you,
TD
Hi TD,

I did not notice your post. The record I posted was for win bets with my Valuecapper bankroll only, the ROI and winnings shown there are for those bets and that bankroll only but the overall balance would be for all bets as well as deposits/withdraws.
I like to bet exotics on the weekends and for big races, but that is strictly for entertainment and over the long haul I generally lose or almost break even.
I have not experimented too much with exotics using valuecapper yet as I am still in the process of proving to myself I can win consistently.
Old 01-15-2019, 03:56 AM   #72
Knute Chapman

Hi Mhaney,

Texas Dolly is correct, the way the file is listed is a bit hard to follow. I was not able to make out the additions to the bankroll in the beginning, but I could sort of see that the "bank" had been depleted and so I just figured you had to add money to make the next series of bets. Where it gets a bit more confusing for me is where your total jumps from $90.15 to $511.15 on 8/11/18 with just a $50 credit? And then from $931.65 to 961.35 on 8/18/18 from 8/19/18 with no apparent credit? I did read where you said that you like to play exotics on the weekends, so is the file not to be looked at as a series of just win bets, and are you just making the point about a 16% win percentage, and/or the profit that you made during this time while using Valuecapper? 196 bets multiplied by 10, would be 1960, but you have 1955 in bets wagered? I'm saying this all in the spirit of trying to understand, so please take it that way, I'm probably miss reading it somehow and just trying to clear it up in my head. Thanx in advance!
Knute Chapman is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-15-2019, 01:18 PM   #73
green80

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachv30 View Post

And you must include the data cost, that's not cheap.
green80 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-15-2019, 03:07 PM   #74
Appy

Green80 is correct. Data is not cheap. Of course you have data cost regardless of the program you use. One difference related to the value of ValueCapper is, after the learning curve, instruction etc , inorder to fully take advantage of the program you will need to purchase the unlimited data package (all tracks/all days) in order for the portfolio system and specialization to work at optimum. IMO that data package is a significant and consistent outlay too costly for smaller players.

During my quest as a perpetual student of horse racing I am grateful to have been blessed by association with a few of the most successful horse players I ever heard of. One of those was one of the original Pizzolla converts and Black Magic users. I never played with a more successful player than that fellow was. He liked what he saw in the new ValueCapper software as it automates even more of the process than did Black Magic. Worth noting regarding "specialization" is that he only actually played about a dozen races in his last full year of play. He won 9 of those, and finished with an enviable profit for the year.
No matter how hard I try I have been unable to develop anywhere near his level of patience for determining THE RACE to actually play. But I'm still working at it! And I'm making progress.
Old 01-15-2019, 11:26 PM   #75
acorn54

my experience with valuecapper reminded of my days in the pizza business. basically the money made was good but the landlord took such a large cut for rent that i felt we were working for the landlord.
acorn54 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: