Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > **TRIPLE CROWN TRAIL**

Old 02-26-2020, 05:25 PM   #1
Blenheim
Race Player

Fountain of Youth PPs

http://www.horse-races.net/library/l...rformances.htm

See Romans . . .

Blenheim is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-26-2020, 10:42 PM   #2
Immortal6

Currently looking hard at Ete Indian

underneath
Immortal6 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-26-2020, 11:34 PM   #3
minethatbird08

Not the race I would want to bring “Dennis’ Moment “ back; a salty bunch in here. Ete had zero chance last out, he ran well but”Tiz the Law” ran maybe best race so far this season for 3yo prep, can’t fault him there. The 12 is interesting, Saffie looking like a regular in these after the Math Wizard upset. Personally, I’m a sucker for the lightly raced ones coming out of big barns... so gotta consider the 7 as well. Having said all that I’m looking at the #6 in here to make the most of the inside position and with a good price to boot. I see Dennis taking the money but coming up short/needing a race. The others I just see experience or position costing them.
minethatbird08 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-27-2020, 08:44 AM   #4
Curln22

Hate that 11 post
Was my pick pre draw
Curln22 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-27-2020, 12:04 PM   #5
f2tornado

Hard to get a handle on this field. Tough post for but horse is fast enough and Geroux is highly competent pilot. in same boat if no scratch. Horse for course angle plus three triple digit Brisnet figures in a row. The might be worth a look for a price. Working very well and big LP figures would be handy for the potential speed breakdown here. JC up is usually a plus. And, I'm a sucker for the female family 23-b. Dennis gets good spot with the hole. Working nicely as well. The rail is winning at a huge clip and Pletcher occasionally surprises this time of year. I also like Raise A Native types later in the season. This makes the worth at least a mild look. I like the breeding on the and the horse has flashed some nice speed but he was knocked off by the 12 going shorter.

Final play to be determined. The speed in this race doesn't look cheap but seems like too many which might favor a closer. Maybe box or wheel the
f2tornado is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-27-2020, 12:06 PM   #6
BlueChip@DRF
Random Numbers Generator

Location: In the grandstand looking under the seats for tickets or food
box + a win saver on
Old 02-27-2020, 03:26 PM   #7
MNslappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by f2tornado View Post
in same boat if no scratch. Horse for course angle plus three triple digit Brisnet figures in a row.
Since you mentioned Bris. Check out the Race Rating for the Mucho Macho Man stakes. They gave it a 117, which puts it in G1 territory in terms of the quality of the entrants in the race.
MNslappy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-27-2020, 05:05 PM   #8
ultracapper

I usually stay out of the prep races, but I really like

Need to spend more time on it, but he popped out at me. Couple things I really like in a young'n.
ultracapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-27-2020, 07:03 PM   #9
Blenheim
Race Player

Summer Indian . . .

Ete Indien to win the Fountain of Youth.

~

EBx:

Tri: //

Old 02-27-2020, 10:25 PM   #10
Blenheim
Race Player

Indian Summer . . .

I wanted to repost and correct the title and the name . . . I had this colt last year in the Bourbon, maybe had him a bit too early back then, hopefully he has matured and can win this one . . .

Ete Indien to win the Fountain of Youth!

~

EBx:

Tri: //

Old 02-28-2020, 02:43 AM   #11
jay68802

Candy Tycoon: Rail draw, the E running style, and a short distance to the first turn. All negatives for this one. Uses to much early and will not stick around. Toss.

Makabim: Won a $16,000 claiming event. I think that says it all. Toss.

Masterday: Three declining figures and was beat by another in here by 17 lengths. Toss.

The Falcon: Could not beat Maiden Claimers. The good news is that he is better than the . Toss.

Dennis' Moment: The talked about horse, with a very interesting jockey named. Two disasters and two really good races. Is all the hype justified? Yes. The pick.

As Seen On Tv: Keeps improving. Has a shot for the upset. One of many contenders in the race.

Country Grammer: Interesting runner for the price he will be. Has been close to the lead in two soft pace races. Got a win in one of them and that is hard to do. Can see coming from off the pace here and contending.

Gear Jockey: George Arnold at 7%. Keeps running horses over their head like this one and that will continue. He is a better trainer than this. Pass.

Liam's Lucky Charm: Good sprinter. Two turns is not this guys game. Pass.

Shotski: Best races have been on the lead. Catches a couple tough ones just outside of him. Those two go past him early or he goes with them. Both are bad choices. Good horse, bad race setup. Pass.

Ete Indien: Improving and second time at the distance all help. Outside draw does not help the chance. Figure wise is in the top two. Another contender.

Chance It: Would be my second choice. Barely gets the nod figure wise over his neighbor. Need another reason to like him? $2500 stud fee. I got to root for him just for that reason.
jay68802 is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-28-2020, 07:45 AM   #12
Curln22

EX Box
GL
Curln22 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-28-2020, 01:14 PM   #13
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay68802 View Post
Candy Tycoon:
Country Grammer: Interesting runner for the price he will be. Has been close to the lead in two soft pace races. Got a win in one of them and that is hard to do. Can see coming from off the pace here and contending.
If winning while pressing a soft pace is "hard to do"...then, what is EASY to do? Win while pressing a TORRID pace?
Old 02-28-2020, 01:36 PM   #14
jay68802

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
If winning while pressing a soft pace is "hard to do"...then, what is EASY to do? Win while pressing a TORRID pace?
Yes. Easier to get by a horse that has nothing left, than to get by a horse that has had it easy, and has something left for the stretch run. IMO.
jay68802 is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-28-2020, 02:16 PM   #15
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay68802 View Post
Yes. Easier to get by a horse that has nothing left, than to get by a horse that has had it easy, and has something left for the stretch run. IMO.
Yes...it's easier to get by a horse that has nothing left. But when you are contending a torrid pace...the imminent danger lurks from behind. In his last race, the Country Grammer coasted alongside the pacesetter in slow fractions...and then drew clear late...while the pacesetter held on to the second spot. And this pacesetter (Portos) was uncharacteristically trying to wire the field after stretch-running efforts in his only two prior starts. All in all...not that hard a task for the ...IMO.