Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 04-20-2021, 12:57 AM   #7081
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

So....I guess the Two Witnesses in Revelation are BS as well?
ReplayRandall is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-20-2021, 01:10 AM   #7082
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Jeremiah 31:33

No longer shall one teach his neighbor or shall one teach his brother, saying, "Know the Lord," for they shall all know Me, from their smallest to their greatest, says the Lord...

Yes Randall. Wow.
Old 04-20-2021, 01:14 AM   #7083
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

2 Witnesses

What are Enoch and Elijah going to witness and testify about?
Old 04-20-2021, 01:30 AM   #7084
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Book of Revelation?

There is no such book in Tanakh.
Old 04-20-2021, 01:35 AM   #7085
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
Book of Revelation?

There is no such book in Tanakh.
Enoch and Elijah never died, they were taken up in whirlwinds...Everyone is appointed to die, according to the Tanakh. They both are coming back to fulfill the Word of God, no?
Old 04-20-2021, 01:41 AM   #7086
Cuffdaddy

Quote:
(Isaiah 11:9): "For the earth shall be filled with the knowledge of God, as the waters cover the sea."

Still hasn't happened.
You are correct that it has not happened, but what you are inferring that proves seems misguided. And I say that with all due respect.

The earth shall be full of the knowledge of the Lord.—If, as some have thought, the “earth” here should be the land (i.e., as in Isaiah 9:19; Isaiah 10:23, the land of Judah), that region is represented as the paradise centre of a restored world, to which, as in Isaiah 2:2, all nations turn for light and blessing. Probably, however, the words may be taken in their wider significance. This was for the prophet the crown and consummation of the work of redemption. More than all removal of physical evil, he thought of a victory over moral and spiritual darkness. As it is, in the existing order of the world, few fear God; still fewer know Him as He should be known. But in that new earth “the knowledge of Jehovah” shall flow far and wide. Even as the waters of the Mediterranean (the sea which must have suggested the prophet’s comparison) washed the shores of the far-off isles of the Gentiles, the coasts of Chittim (Numbers 24:24), as well as those of Israel, so should the knowledge of the truth of God expand beyond the limits of the people of Israel. Hence the transition was natural to the prophecies which speak at once of the restoration of Israel and the in-gathering of the heathen. It should be remembered that in Hosea 3:5; Joel 2:28; Joel 3:17, prophecies like in kind had preceded Isaiah’s utterance. In Habakkuk 2:14 it is all but verbally reproduced.
Cuffdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-20-2021, 08:05 AM   #7087
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Actor View Post
Do you know what a hyperbola is?
Do you?
Old 04-20-2021, 08:08 AM   #7088
boxcar

Quote:
First, you tell me, if Jesus is the Messiah, why were Jews driven out of anywhere in 70 C.E.?
I'll tell you why after rabbi Singer tells you why. I have the biblical answers. He does not.
Old 04-20-2021, 12:23 PM   #7089
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Jeremiah 31:33

No longer shall one teach his neighbor or shall one teach his brother, saying, "Know the Lord," for they shall all know Me, from their smallest to their greatest, says the Lord...
Is the above understood as a prophecy concerning the Messianic Age? I am asking the experts here like RR and Boxcar.
Old 04-20-2021, 01:15 PM   #7090
boxcar

Quote:
Is the above understood as a prophecy concerning the Messianic Age? I am asking the experts here like RR and Boxcar.
The short answer is "yes". This specific text is alluding to the glorified state of saints in the visible Kingdom of God which will be on the newly created earth. How we can know this with certainty is that there will be no need for evangelization or human instruction in the gospel since all the saints in the next age will see God face to face. This is why no man will have to teach his neighbor or why no man will have to teach his brother anything about the Lord.
Old 04-20-2021, 01:24 PM   #7091
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
The short answer is "yes". This specific text is alluding to the glorified state of saints in the visible Kingdom of God which will be on the newly created earth. How we can know this with certainty is that there will be no need for evangelization or human instruction in the gospel since all the saints in the next age will see God face to face. This is why no man will have to teach his neighbor or why no man will have to teach his brother anything about the Lord.
And you don't see any problem with this?

No need for evangelization?

What's going on right now? What has been going on for thousands of years?

If the Messiah has come...well...you figure out the rest.
Old 04-20-2021, 02:02 PM   #7092
boxcar

Quote:
And you don't see any problem with this?

No need for evangelization?

What's going on right now? What has been going on for thousands of years?

If the Messiah has come...well...you figure out the rest.
No, there is no problem. You clearly didn't understand what I wrote. I said the Jeremiah passage alludes to the visible kingdom of God -- when all God's saints will see him face to face in the newly created earth. The saints in this age do not see God face to face, nor do we see the visible, eternal kingdom, nor are we on the newly created earth. While the saints in this age are in God's kingdom, that aspect of the kingdom is spiritual and invisible and ruled by the Spirit of Christ in every true believer's heart. Christ established this spiritual, invisible kingdom during his first advent and will establish the visible, eternal kingdom at his Second Coming. This is precisely why believers in this age are charged with evangelizing, why many believers have been gifted by God with preaching and/or teaching capabilities, are called "ambassadors of Christ" and are active participants in the gospel "ministry of reconciliation".
Old 04-20-2021, 02:10 PM   #7093
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
No, there is no problem. You clearly didn't understand what I wrote. I said the Jeremiah passage alludes to the visible kingdom of God -- when all God's saints will see him face to face in the newly created earth. The saints in this age do not see God face to face, nor do we see the visible, eternal kingdom, nor are we on the newly created earth. While the saints in this age are in God's kingdom, that aspect of the kingdom is spiritual and invisible and ruled by the Spirit of Christ in every true believer's heart. Christ established this spiritual, invisible kingdom during his first advent and will establish the visible, eternal kingdom at his Second Coming. This is precisely why believers in this age are charged with evangelizing, why many believers have been gifted by God with preaching and/or teaching capabilities, are called "ambassadors of Christ" and are active participants in the gospel "ministry of reconciliation".
As RR would say....wow
Old 04-20-2021, 02:11 PM   #7094
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Tell me...why do Christians continue to believe the "Old Testament" is the word of God?

Instead of dancing through all these hoops, creating all these fantasy scenarios, and outright changing the original text to suit their needs, they could have just dismissed the "Old Testament" entirely and saved themselves a lot of headaches.
Old 04-20-2021, 02:31 PM   #7095
TJDave

Quote:
Tell me...why do Christians continue to believe the "Old Testament" is the word of God?

Instead of dancing through all these hoops, creating all these fantasy scenarios, and outright changing the original text to suit their needs, they could have just dismissed the "Old Testament" entirely and saved themselves a lot of headaches.
Because early Christian writers sought credibility from Jewish texts even if poorly translated and/or fabricated. Also, because of early attempts to convert Jews.