Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > **TRIPLE CROWN TRAIL**

Old 04-19-2021, 06:58 PM   #1
capitalman

Who is your Derby bomb to hit the board

I don't know if he can win, but I'll definitely play him to hit the board:
DYNAMIC ONE
This horse has some very interesting form that when I looked at his pps reminded me a lot of Commanding Curve, who finished 2nd in 2014 at 37-1.

His 1st race is a throwout as he hit the gate and didn't do much in a 7f race at Aqu on 11/14. He was the favorite at 2.30/1. No lasix.

2nd race: He ships from NY to GP and runs a big race finishing 2nd to FOY winner Greatest Honour, beating net out winner (who beats him in the net race) Another Duke. He also had a slightly slow start. Gets a 95 BRIS No Lasix

3rd race: I consider this race a throwout as he runs 4th to a horse he beat by over 4 lengths in their prior race. Lasix on

4th race: Finally breaks his maiden winning by 5.25 lengths when shipped back to Aqueduct. Lasix on

5th race: Lasix off, he runs lights out just to get nipped at the wire by his stablemate in the Wood, in a race that fell apart in the end with the winner & show horses both coming from last & 2nd last down the backstretch. He earns a 94 BRIS, his highest figure since the 95 he got when he finished 1.5 lengths behind Greatest Honour.

Dynamic One is a horse who will peak on May 1st & hit the board at huge odds.
capitalman is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-19-2021, 07:32 PM   #2
SkunkApe

Helium.

Going into the Tampa Bay Derby, my notes said “visually impressive”.

Incidentally, this is the same note I had for Sir Winston going into the Belmont in 2019. I played the super in that one and hit my biggest score ever.

I did not play Helium in the Tampa Derby, and had to kick myself. The poly record scared me off. I don’t wanna get kicked again.

Gonna throw in O Besos, too.

Last edited by SkunkApe; 04-19-2021 at 07:35 PM.
SkunkApe is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-19-2021, 08:09 PM   #3
f2tornado

O Besos is mildly intriguing. Improving figures and ran fast fractions at FG. He is the only S type in the field. Ideal clunk up candidate. Sainthood out of the Pletcher stable wouldn’t shock me. Really like the dam side on that one that includes Buckpasser in the x. Impressive rally after bumper cars stretch run at Turfway. The chalks in this field don’t tower over the rest which, to me, suggests room for something weird to hit the tri or super.

Last edited by f2tornado; 04-19-2021 at 08:11 PM.
f2tornado is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-19-2021, 08:53 PM   #4
Robert Fischer
clean money

Quote:
Originally Posted by capitalman View Post
I don't know if he can win, but I'll definitely play him to hit the board:
DYNAMIC ONE
Good luck.
Dynamic One has some things going for him.

That was my choice for this thread as well. Also looked at the form of 'Dream Shake' (but I'm wary that people like this horse and his name), Sainthood is a horse whose charts warrant a 2nd look at the replays, to get more familiar with. Hidden Stash and Bourbonic are both types to try to close late.

TBH I haven't gottent that far , but Dynamic One is genuinely a horse who had some trips agaisnt a gold rail down in Gulfstream, and then did the most running of all contenders in the Wood (not sure if that is as significant this year, but you get knowledge that he can get a route in some chaos and still run OK, and as a bonus; he didn't Win the race, so your value is better. If he gets a perfect trip I could see him having a chance to finish in the top half of the field. Maybe better.
Old 04-19-2021, 10:19 PM   #5
taxicab

Bourbonic.
He's a different horse since Pletcher added blinkers........night and day.
He'll also catch the final furlong just fine.
He does need a fast track.........mud isn't his thing.
taxicab is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-19-2021, 10:30 PM   #6
minethatbird08

Helium- With Skunk on this one.

By my analysis he is sitting on a big race relative to what he has accomplished so far and I think outside of obvious choices on top it gets pretty wide open underneath. In his workout he took the rail...most top horses worked outside their partner so I’m guessing this is the plan..save ground.
minethatbird08 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-19-2021, 10:39 PM   #7
The Biscuit

Too early for me
The Biscuit is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-19-2021, 11:30 PM   #8
rastajenk
Just Deplorable

Like the King

Can't tell you why; new Turfway surface becomes springboard to Derby greatness?

Like the Animal Kingdom
rastajenk is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-20-2021, 01:42 AM   #9
boys at tosconova

Quote:
Originally Posted by f2tornado View Post
O Besos is mildly intriguing. Improving figures and ran fast fractions at FG. He is the only S type in the field. Ideal clunk up candidate. Sainthood out of the Pletcher stable wouldn’t shock me. Really like the dam side on that one that includes Buckpasser in the x. Impressive rally after bumper cars stretch run at Turfway. The chalks in this field don’t tower over the rest which, to me, suggests room for something weird to hit the tri or super.

been looking at the pp more closely.

that obeso horse seems like he needs to be kicked to get him to go. his LD was a nice race and was gaining on hrc. horse didn't come off the rail though, but it was an encouraging race and considering that the derby is longer he's one of a few closers that could be coming with the right trip/fast pace, but betting these types usually means doom .

as for sainthood, what he doesn't have in class just yet he makes up with pletch, tactical speed and a pretty troubled trip in the JR...he finished very nicely after checking and being blocked a couple of times. but i don't know if he's fast enough though, and i have a hard time taking the JR as a serious prep race with that much merit leading to the derby...but the same can be said for helium in some aspects

as for dynamic...i liked this horse in the wood as a longshot. and his races at GP look pretty fast. he ran well at longer odds than he should have been in the WM, but getting run down by bubonic doesn't make me feel good........and considering how awful even the good wood horses have been in the derby, i don't see how this below average wood bunch menaces

Last edited by boys at tosconova; 04-20-2021 at 01:57 AM.
boys at tosconova is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-20-2021, 09:52 AM   #10
Bullet Plane

A horse that could come in at a price is :

Mandaloun: looked good in that race one back at the FG.

Bad race on top could mean a price.
Bullet Plane is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-20-2021, 10:00 AM   #11
Curln22

A few of them..

Sainthood had a world of trouble in the Jeff Ruby his closing time I have a ? Mark by it. 50-1 I’ve wasted $$ on dumber things

OBesos seems like the majority of people’s

Soup have issues with lead changes last work out with Tyler was nice has a running style to be there at the end.

GL
Curln22 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-20-2021, 10:34 AM   #12
Hoops McCann

Highly Motivated
Hoops McCann is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-20-2021, 11:17 AM   #13
f2tornado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoops McCann View Post
Highly Motivated
Don't really think of him as a bomber but certainly a fair price. I'm using Essential Quality so cannot just toss this guy. I don't get too caught up in posts but the draw might be more critical for him than others. Could be DOA if way in or outside.

I'll also consider using King Fury in gimmicks if he draws in. He ran a pretty good race after substantial layoff. Has a few trips over the track including a nice 30 second 2.5F closing run in Street Sense defeating Super Stock. Got roasted in hotter pace Juvenile then tried pulling the train in Jockey Club to ill effect. Those efforts leave me skeptical he can effectively press a fast pace and still have enough pop late. Raise A Native top and decent tail female. Certainly room to improve.
f2tornado is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-20-2021, 11:37 AM   #14
PhantomOnTour
C'est Tout

Hidden Stash

No chance to win but he’s bred as good as anyone for the distance, and is a grinding type closer who should get a good pace to run at.
We haven’t had a destructive pace in the Derby in years, but that may happen this year. Cardio River knows only one way to go, Rock Your World will be on the engine, and maybe a few others.
This guy is among the slowest in this field but can run on for a share if the pace heats up like I think it will.
Old 04-20-2021, 06:32 PM   #15
Raider

Sainthood because of breeding and connections. That he was in the JR... if not for the breeding and connections, I would toss him. Also looking at Super Stock, Midnight Bourbon, and Hidden Stash. 5 not raced as a 2 YO? not a lot of info to go on with them
Raider is offline   Reply With Quote Reply