Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 09-27-2017, 01:08 PM   #61
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadTiger View Post
EDIT: I average one post a year on this site. Excellent for reading the handicapping, etc. This site has been full of Limbaughs and Archie Bunkers from the start, though. Off-topic kills everything else.
You make zero sense. Should I ban someone from the entire forum if they echo "Limbaugh" or "Bunker?"

Should I ban someone if they echo "Maddow" or "Maher?"

What rules should I follow?

And how in the world does off-topic kill everything else when you are under absolutely no requirement to ever venture into off-topic or even view it? You can even view "today's posts" and EXCLUDE all of OFF TOPIC if you wish (check out the QUICK LINKS in the menu bar).

All you who rant and rave about off-topic are so out of line, it's not even funny anymore.

Last edited by PaceAdvantage; 09-27-2017 at 01:09 PM.
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-27-2017, 01:19 PM   #62
Fager Fan
Veteran

Quote:
This site has been full of Limbaughs and Archie Bunkers from the start, though. Off-topic kills everything else.
You just colored your own spots with that comment.
Fager Fan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-27-2017, 01:28 PM   #63
AndyC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clocker View Post
Because the word is clearly racist in connotation and is insulting to others. But like disrespecting the flag, use of the word is not illegal in and of itself.
The small print would read: OK to use by anyone who isn't white and recommended for use in all rap songs.
AndyC is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-27-2017, 02:01 PM   #64
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
Who might that be?
Capper Al. He started a few similarly-themed threads...and antagonized some of the righties here by repeating the same arguments over and over. You kept badgering him for starting new threads when his "repetitive' comments could have easily fit in the already existing ones, and you finally banned him from the off-topics...even though others here have been WAY more "repetitive and disruptive" than Capper Al was.

I'm not trying to get people banned from here, mind you. I think that everyone should be able to post whatever they want, at anytime. But I wonder why you ban some posters, but not others...whose conduct here is even worse.
Old 09-27-2017, 02:03 PM   #65
jimmyb

Quote:
No, it would mean they have a CHANCE.

Did they have a chance in 1945? Yep. Guess who didn't until 1946: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...arrier-in-1946

Did they have a chance in basketball? Yep. Guess who didn't until 1950:
http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/...etball-journey

I don't argue back and forth over the Internet any longer as I did in earnest ten years ago. You can read, so do so. Done.

Back to handicapping.

EDIT: I average one post a year on this site. Excellent for reading the handicapping, etc. This site has been full of Limbaughs and Archie Bunkers from the start, though. Off-topic kills everything else.
We are not living in the '40's or '50's or even 2050. 6% of the U.S. population are black males. 69% of the players in the NFL are black. If equality is their gripe, then be careful what you wish for.

70 percent of black children dont have fathers in their lives. Personal responsibility is their issue, not mine.

See ya.
jimmyb is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-27-2017, 02:11 PM   #66
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
Capper Al. He started a few similarly-themed threads...and antagonized some of the righties here by repeating the same arguments over and over. You kept badgering him for starting new threads when his "repetitive' comments could have easily fit in the already existing ones, and you finally banned him from the off-topics...even though others here have been WAY more "repetitive and disruptive" than Capper Al was.

I'm not trying to get people banned from here, mind you. I think that everyone should be able to post whatever they want, at anytime. But I wonder why you ban some posters, but not others...whose conduct here is even worse.
You absolutely KEEP misrepresenting what happened in the Capper Al deal...I wish you would stop doing that.

Not once has anyone since Al kept posting the SAME WORDS in HUGE BOLD LETTERS, in MULTIPLE THREADS, day after day...not once...
Old 09-27-2017, 02:17 PM   #67
Dahoss9698
Veteran

Quote:
No, it would mean they have a CHANCE.

Did they have a chance in 1945? Yep. Guess who didn't until 1946: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...arrier-in-1946

Did they have a chance in basketball? Yep. Guess who didn't until 1950:
http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/...etball-journey

I don't argue back and forth over the Internet any longer as I did in earnest ten years ago. You can read, so do so. Done.

Back to handicapping.

I for one wish you'd post more.
Dahoss9698 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-27-2017, 02:23 PM   #68
thaskalos

Quote:
You absolutely KEEP misrepresenting what happened in the Capper Al deal...I wish you would stop doing that.

Not once has anyone since Al kept posting the SAME WORDS in HUGE BOLD LETTERS, in MULTIPLE THREADS, day after day...not once...
WOW...is THAT what Capper Al did? I don't blame you for getting rid of him then. His behavior was INEXCUSABLE.
Old 09-27-2017, 02:25 PM   #69
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

You don't admire how spam-free this forum has been the last 18 years?

Thanks a lot...

Spam is spam...

Multiple threads on the same/similar topic isn't spam...if it were, half the racing posting folks on here would be gone...

BUT, posting the same exact thing, same exact words, over and over again, all the while ALSO insulting people left and right...well...tough noogies...that will get you banned.

So, for all those who asked me to ban them recently, and I haven't, you now know what you have to do to get banned...
Old 09-27-2017, 02:26 PM   #70
Dahoss9698
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
WOW...is THAT what Capper Al did? I don't blame you for getting rid of him then. His behavior was INEXCUSABLE.
Sounds like Jess Hansen Aron to me.
Old 09-27-2017, 02:26 PM   #71
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahoss9698 View Post
Sounds like Jess Hansen Aron to me.
Not even close. But you now have a blueprint to follow...go for it.
Old 09-27-2017, 02:44 PM   #72
Dahoss9698
Veteran

Quote:
Not even close. But you now have a blueprint to follow...go for it.
He started 4 threads alone on the NFL controversy.

I'm having WAAAAAY too much fun now.
Old 09-27-2017, 02:48 PM   #73
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahoss9698 View Post
He started 4 threads alone on the NFL controversy.
Yeah...but he is being refreshingly original in each one of them. And he isn't using large capital letters.
Old 09-27-2017, 02:49 PM   #74
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

There would be nobody left on both horses and off-topic if you guys were in charge.

Leave this stuff to the professionals. You know, the professionals who were able to keep a horse racing forum alive for 18+ years when most all the others are graveyards by now...

But thanks again for your help.

Last edited by PaceAdvantage; 09-27-2017 at 02:51 PM.
Old 09-27-2017, 03:01 PM   #75
Dahoss9698
Veteran

Quote:
There would be nobody left on both horses and off-topic if you guys were in charge.

Leave this stuff to the professionals. You know, the professionals who were able to keep a horse racing forum alive for 18+ years when most all the others are graveyards by now...

But thanks again for your help.
I don't think either one of us called for anyone to be banned. So no need to go all Jess Hawsen Aron and over exaggerate.